Red Healing Salve

General Clan Lord discussion

Moderator: CL GMs

Small
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Small » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:00 am

Sorry folks, wasn't just my decision.
May I ask why it takes a healer to raise another healer with the new potions?

I do believe this nullifies what the players were asking for: If only a mystic is left standing after a big battle, they want a way to raise a healer to start a recovery process.

This seems exactly like what you're preventing, so I guess we think it's bad?
Yep. You've got to keep a healer alive to start the raising process. Otherwise it diminishes healers too much.

--Joe
And if Michael had been paying attention to what has been happening to the mushrooms, now that exiles have opened a hole for the mutated mushroom to rain spores down on Puddleby Island, he wouldn't be complaining about pack space.

This is where I expected people to start complaining about how I had ruined their lives, so no surprise. :D

You've always had to keep at least one healer up to really continue the hunt though, and now you still do. With the RHP, sure you could theoretically get up everyone except the healers, but a hunt without any standing healers is pretty much a hunt that is over. That is still the case, although I guess now you are at a greater risk of not having a standing chainer. But if you still have one healer standing, you have a greater chance of being able to completely recover. Yes, it is a tradeoff. We thought it was one that pushed back inter-class balance in the right direction. Healers raise people, fighters and mystics don't, they have their own heroics.

So I apologize for those lives that I have ruined, or more specifically, for those hopes of a panacea cure all that have been dashed.

Only healers can use RHS, but they can be used on anyone fallen.

Shadowearth
Exile

Post by Shadowearth » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:07 am

Hmmm... So you are decreasing the supply of regular spores.... which is decreasing the supply of red healing potions out there. There try to get rid of Red Healing Potions!

How many mushroom off inland are there?

Small stop trying to ruin our lives! :P

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Post by Lorikeet » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:13 am

Small wrote:

Only healers can use RHS, but they can be used on anyone fallen.
Uh...you mean healers can use RHS on fighters too?

Small
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Small » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:57 am

Lorikeet wrote:
Small wrote: Only healers can use RHS, but they can be used on anyone fallen.
That *should* be correct. If they can't be, then that is a bug.

Tykan Potion ~= extra healing speed for the standing,
RHS ~= extra Horus training for healers.

For what it's worth, the RHS are also more powerful than the RHP.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:20 am

Small wrote:
Lorikeet wrote:
Small wrote: Only healers can use RHS, but they can be used on anyone fallen.
That *should* be correct. If they can't be, then that is a bug.

Tykan Potion ~= extra healing speed for the standing,
RHS ~= extra Horus training for healers.

For what it's worth, the RHS are also more powerful than the RHP.
Tykan = Faustus?
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Drablak
Exile
Profession: Mystic
Race: Thoom
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Drablak » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:46 am

Cinnamon wrote:Tykan = Faustus?
No but it heals some damage. It doesn't add faustus, it reduces the damage that needs to be healed. Less to heal, faster result.
Cinnamon wrote:The actual concept of an overpowered Mystic registers as an oxymoron.

Usagi
Exile

Post by Usagi » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:15 pm

For what it's worth, I'm starting to think that instead of 'nearly worthless,' these potions are too powerful. When I saw a healer (Praetorius) get raised from maimed to yellow by the potion alone, I was a bit blown away. Granted, he's got a bit more Higgy training than most, but I'm not sure how I feel about any items being that powerful.

Needless to say, I won't be training Horus anytime soon.
-Usagi

Demian
Clan Hunter
Clan Hunter

Post by Demian » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:31 pm

Usagi wrote:For what it's worth, I'm starting to think that instead of 'nearly worthless,' these potions are too powerful. When I saw a healer (Praetorius) get raised from maimed to yellow by the potion alone, I was a bit blown away. Granted, he's got a bit more Higgy training than most, but I'm not sure how I feel about any items being that powerful.

Needless to say, I won't be training Horus anytime soon.
-Usagi
Interesting. Red healing potions have always worked better on fighters with more histia. However, most fighters don't train histia as much as most healers train with higgarus. Seems like a natural (if perhaps unintended) consequence of making the healing a % of health.

Or perhaps you can just deem it a bonus for training higgarus :)

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Race: Thoom

Post by Phroon » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:53 pm

Usagi wrote:Needless to say, I won't be training Horus anytime soon.
-Usagi
If that's true, I'll just carry around 10 RHS all the time. It'll save me 200 ranks. (Woot! More respia instead! Oh wait, Small made it so I don't have to train as much respia either!)

Small, you've improved my life!

I may actually pass 6th• someday.

Small
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Small » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:04 pm

Um, does that mean I just ruined Lorikeet's life? I suck, it's what I'm best at. :wink: But seriously, I didn't design the potion, it was always intended as the mate for Tykans, it just never actually got put in. :roll:

Michael
Trainer

Post by Michael » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:43 pm

Usagi wrote:Needless to say, I won't be training Horus anytime soon.
-Usagi
Neglecting horus is a good way to not get invited on hunts and ensure that you suck.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Lorikeet » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:53 pm

Small wrote:Um, does that mean I just ruined Lorikeet's life? I suck, it's what I'm best at. :wink: But seriously, I didn't design the potion, it was always intended as the mate for Tykans, it just never actually got put in. :roll:
Nah. I don't have enough room to carry around potions. I'll let the other healers do that ;)

Small
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Small » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:39 pm

Lorikeet wrote:
Small wrote:Um, does that mean I just ruined Lorikeet's life? I suck, it's what I'm best at. :wink: But seriously, I didn't design the potion, it was always intended as the mate for Tykans, it just never actually got put in. :roll:
Nah. I don't have enough room to carry around potions. I'll let the other healers do that ;)
Hey! That means I just gave you a way to spend ranks for more pack space! :wink:

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Ann » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:57 am

Usagi wrote:For what it's worth, I'm starting to think that instead of 'nearly worthless,' these potions are too powerful. When I saw a healer (Praetorius) get raised from maimed to yellow by the potion alone, I was a bit blown away. Granted, he's got a bit more Higgy training than most, but I'm not sure how I feel about any items being that powerful.
That's a fair point, and one that's been brought up by a few other people as well. I'll look into evening out a bit the effectiveness of the RHS on people with different amounts of Higgrus/Histia.

Ann

Michael
Trainer

Post by Michael » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:25 am

Ann wrote: That's a fair point, and one that's been brought up by a few other people as well. I'll look into evening out a bit the effectiveness of the RHS on people with different amounts of Higgrus/Histia.

Ann
Adjusting that to much is a bad idea.

Having it scale with histia is what keeps potions from becoming out dated like OEs did. Critters hit harder over time, we end up deader. But since we also have more histia potions also heal us for more. Otherwise they would be pretty damn useless now (like OEs are).\

And on a slighlty related topic, for fucks sake adjust or add new levels of fallen-ness. When we have healers that can do PND by themselves, we need more levels.