Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Skirwan » Mon May 09, 2005 10:08 pm

Odesseus wrote:Uhhh... you think you could give a hand with the Bard thingy? :P
I actually have another CL enhancement project in mind for my followup. I'll put the bard thingy 'on the list'. How's that? :)

Hmmm... Muzunk? Composunk? Beethovunk? So many choices...
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Whim
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Whim » Mon May 09, 2005 11:30 pm

Good Job Skirwan.. and now ya got the puma pants at least.. I know Kani has Puma clothes as well.

One little thing.. I would like the reset button to just reset the dyes. I use it to convince myself not to dye my pretty clothes, and would be better if I could just reset when I reach that ugly stage and start over.

Beer!

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Tue May 10, 2005 12:21 am

Stylunk 1.3

You want icons? We got icons. Many thanks to Eldon, Small, Ann, Joe, and anyone else I didn't hear about. I think all the icon sets are in, and I think they're all modern. Have fun.

Various other changes, too. Version history's on the homepage, check it out.

You may need to hit reload a couple times - my server seems to be stupid tonight. I'll worry about it in the morning.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Ann » Tue May 10, 2005 7:38 am

Skirwan wrote:I think I've figured out a novel way to obtain the new icons sets.
"Having a good reason and asking nicely" was a novel enough way, although "waiting patiently because the GMs are slow" turned out to be neessary too. :)

Ann

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Tue May 10, 2005 10:52 am

Ann wrote:"Having a good reason and asking nicely" was a novel enough way, although "waiting patiently because the GMs are slow" turned out to be neessary too. :)
Yeah, but my clever way would've been so much fun! <G>

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Tue May 10, 2005 12:45 pm

Stylunk is now hosted by The Dwarven Militia. All future updates will be posted here.

Beer!

Leinis
Exile

Post by Leinis » Tue May 10, 2005 4:40 pm

Female halflings are still too blurry to be used, can you please change that?

Can you also add the yellow jersy?

Also for features can you make a back button that will undo the last dye used?

And thanks alot for Stylunk!

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Tue May 10, 2005 5:52 pm

On the left are female halflings from the icons hut in the fairgrounds, on the right are icons from Stylunk. If you're seeing something different, I guess it's possible there's a bug that's somehow only manifesting on your system. Otherwise, I'm going to have to refer your complaint to DT's artists or your optometrist.

Undo support might happen sometime, but it's a bit of a pain to implement and not at the top of my list. Yellow shirts will be in the next update, along with puma shirts (I finally found a screenshot of one on the ELF blog. Tan'kei, ELF).

Leinis
Exile

Post by Leinis » Tue May 10, 2005 6:20 pm

Well I'm getting the same picture it is just on the first and second one they are blurry for some reason. When you had the different alt it was blurry but when you changed the icons I got the alternate female without any blurs.

Hidden
Wusscare(tm)

Post by Hidden » Tue May 10, 2005 8:04 pm

Skirwan wrote:On the left are female halflings from the icons hut in the fairgrounds, on the right are icons from Stylunk. If you're seeing something different, I guess it's possible there's a bug that's somehow only manifesting on your system. Otherwise, I'm going to have to refer your complaint to DT's artists or your optometrist.
Huh, the ones on the right look a bit darker, but that could be a color calibration issue.

Edit: None of them are blurry, though. In-Stylunk or otherwise.
Carpe diem via scrotum.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Tue May 10, 2005 8:19 pm

Hidden wrote:Huh, the ones on the right look a bit darker, but that could be a color calibration issue.
The colors are different because the NPCs in the fairground have clothes colors that can't be reproduced with dyes and bleaches, and thus can't be reproduced in Stylunk.

Kazik
Exile

Post by Kazik » Thu May 26, 2005 4:42 pm

SKIRWAN IS MY IDOL!
I really love this program. Especially because of the newer clothing featured. My only suggestions are as follows: Where is puma clothing? The Stylos interface is easier to understand. I suggest making something like that.
Besides that, I think this is the best program ever created.

Kani
Red Quill
Red Quill
Profession: Ranger
Race: Sylvan

Post by Kani » Thu May 26, 2005 7:29 pm

Kazik wrote:My only suggestions are as follows: Where is puma clothing? The Stylos interface is easier to understand. I suggest making something like that.
Besides that, I think this is the best program ever created.
I modified a copy of Stylos that has the new healer clothes (up to seventh circle) and puma.
The obstacle is the path.

zen
Temple of the Moon
Temple of the Moon

Post by zen » Fri May 27, 2005 12:06 am

Skirwan wrote:
Hidden wrote:Huh, the ones on the right look a bit darker, but that could be a color calibration issue.
The colors are different because the NPCs in the fairground have clothes colors that can't be reproduced with dyes and bleaches, and thus can't be reproduced in Stylunk.
So why is it that the hair is darker on the right? NPCs have different color hair that can't be reproduced too?
Carpe Occultum via scrotum.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Fri May 27, 2005 8:06 am

zen wrote:So why is it that the hair is darker on the right? NPCs have different color hair that can't be reproduced too?
NPCs can have whatever colors GMs want to give them. Witness the Brions.

It turns out that most NPCs have coloration that no player character could ever duplicate. I assume this is intentional, but I'm at a loss to explain why.

In other news, a Stylunk update should drop sometime today or tomorrow, featuring the last few missing clothes items and fixing two bugs affecting 10.3 users.
Kazik wrote: The Stylos interface is easier to understand.
Please elaborate?