Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive

Introducing Stylunk

Post by Skirwan » Sun May 08, 2005 12:04 pm

Greetings fellow Puddlebians!

Some of you out there may have noticed that Stylos has some problems with Mac OS X 10.4 - apparently Thooms are scared of tigers. Who knew?

So anyway: introducing Stylunk.

Stylunk requires Mac OS X 10.3 or 10.4 (Panther or Tiger), but should work on any hardware. It's been in limited testing by the Dwarven Militia for a few days now, so I'm reasonably sure that Stylunk won't eat your hard drive or anything. So click the link, download, and enjoy.

Update 5/10
We're up to version 1.3, and we're also on to page 2, so I'm going to try to remember to place notices in the thread and up here. I believe 1.3 contains every requested feature except for Puma shirts (someone show me one, already!), tan shoes (still not sure there is such a thing), and comprehensive skin dye/paint support ('soon'). Enjoy.

Update 5/30
Up to version 1.4.1. Same URL. Fewer bugs, more clothes, neater features.

Update 6/7/08
Version 1.6 released. Go get it.

Update 1/10/09
Version 1.7. Go for it.
Last edited by Skirwan on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Rhone
Exile

Post by Rhone » Sun May 08, 2005 12:32 pm

finally!!

/thank Skirwan

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Profession: Healer
Race: Thoom
Player Status: Active

Post by Phroon » Sun May 08, 2005 1:30 pm

It doesn't like to run:

Code: Select all

ZeroLink: could not load .o file: /Users/skerwin/Desktop/Stylunk Working/Stylunk/build/Stylunk.build/Stylunk.build/Objects-normal/ppc/main.ob
ZeroLink: could not load .o file: /Users/skerwin/Desktop/Stylunk Working/Stylunk/build/Stylunk.build/Stylunk.build/Objects-normal/ppc/SKStylunkController.ob
ZeroLink: could not load .o file: /Users/skerwin/Desktop/Stylunk Working/Stylunk/build/Stylunk.build/Stylunk.build/Objects-normal/ppc/SKMinusOneTransformer.ob

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Sun May 08, 2005 2:02 pm

Phroon wrote:It doesn't like to run:
Whoops, thanks Phroon. Fixed now - posted the wrong zip. I am truly a Zo of very little brain.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Phineas
Red Quill
Red Quill

Post by Phineas » Sun May 08, 2005 3:18 pm

Very nice, Skirwan! I've noticed some omissions: newbie orange shirts/pants, tan shoes and those new fancy ranger belts. Also, it would be swell to include the racial variations (new fens, swashbuckler humans, etc).

Perhaps these could be included in the next release? Rock on!

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Sun May 08, 2005 3:39 pm

Phineas wrote:Very nice, Skirwan! I've noticed some omissions: newbie orange shirts/pants, tan shoes and those new fancy ranger belts. Also, it would be swell to include the racial variations (new fens, swashbuckler humans, etc).

Perhaps these could be included in the next release? Rock on!
Thanks for the feedback!
  • Ranger and Champion belts will be in the next release.

Other icons will come as I get the graphics together for them; if any GMs are reading this and would like to give me a hand...

Are orange clothes actual items? My understanding was that people just dyed clothes to match the old orange clothes from pre-rip. If they're 'real' items I'll add them for the next release.

I've never heard of tan shoes - are these like orange clothes? If you've got them, I'd be grateful if you could model them for me in town at some point.
And as long as I'm writing, a few more features that'll be coming 'soon':
  • * An 'NPC' option for the base color menu
    * I'm informed bard belts are gold rather than yellow. Sorry, Math. Next update. :)
    * Some sort of a 'reset' button, though I'm still figuring out exactly what that should do.
    * Ability to copy image to the clipboard and export in various formats.
    * Support for skin paints.
Keep the suggestions comin'!

Leinis
Exile

Post by Leinis » Sun May 08, 2005 4:38 pm

THANK YOU! :D

Suggestions:
–Newbie Orange back in it is a real piece of clothing
–Champion Lava Cloak would be nice to put in
–Puma clothes would also be nice to have
–New Male Fen and Human Swashbucklers please PLEASE!
–Fix up the Female Halflings, they are way too blurry and the alternate female halfling is not the alternate that is in the game.

Slyph
Exile
Race: Sylvan

Post by Slyph » Sun May 08, 2005 4:48 pm

When I use Stylunk, I can't make a keg appear next to any dwarfs. This release is crap.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Sun May 08, 2005 5:34 pm

Belt of the wild is already in my test build. Champ belt will be in as soon as I find a nice, daytime, un-compressed picture of one.

Newbie orange will be in shortly.

Can anyone tell me whether lava cloaks can be dyed/bleached? If they can't it's a pain in my butt, but either way I'll get right on it.

I've never seen puma clothes. Someone catch me in town sometime and show 'em to me, and I'll put 'em in.

Other icons (and corrected icons) will be in eventually. I'm hoping to get some GM help here, but if I don't I'll put sprite sheets together by hand.

Slyph, I'll get right on that one. Anyone else notice the whining is coming solely from the only person to have her own private icon set?! <G>

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Race: Thoom

Post by Phroon » Sun May 08, 2005 6:33 pm

I've noticed a small bug where some shirts are not allowed to be bleached in Stylunk, but are able yo be bleached in the game. The Albino Maha and 5th• healers shirt exhibit this quality.

I think the problem is your not checking if all of the colors are at the bleach limit, your just checking one. It should be relatively easy to fix.

Math
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Mystic
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Math » Sun May 08, 2005 7:25 pm

Regardless of whether orange clothes are items (they are), they should be allowed in the software. The point of the software is to test out various outfits, and whether or not it's an item it can be part of someone's outfit. :-)

Otherwise, good job! Regards.
Math, Son of Ironforge
Dwarven Militia: http://www.dwarvenmilitia.com/
Dwarven History: http://www.clanlord.com/history/dwarves/

ToriAnn
Exile

Post by ToriAnn » Sun May 08, 2005 9:56 pm

Math wrote:Regardless of whether orange clothes are items (they are), they should be allowed in the software. The point of the software is to test out various outfits, and whether or not it's an item it can be part of someone's outfit. :-)
If you're going by that standard, then every single possible combination of dyes/bleaches should be added as an item.

As I understand it, the goal is to take bases and play with the dyes from there.

Garr
Exile

Post by Garr » Sun May 08, 2005 11:55 pm

Lava cloak cannot be dyed, and cannot be made into a shirt either

-Garr
I still hate Erthor!

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Mon May 09, 2005 9:11 am

Stylunk version 1.2 has just been loosed on the world. Now with 9% more version! Several bugs/features are fixed/added, several are started, several are 'soon':
  • The bug that Phroon reported is fixed now. For those intersted, it wasn't that I forgot to check the other values, it's that I was checking them against the wrong bound. Je suis un Zo of very little brain.

For those confused by the UI changes, the intention is that eventually the skin color selector will determine your 'base' skin color, while the dye selector and the slider will show a particular skin dye at various stages of fading towards that base color. To that end, if anyone has images showing the gradual fading of a skin dye, it'd be a big help. Failing that, I'll settle for volunteers to conduct such a study. For now, everything works like it used to and the new controls are disabled.

I think I've figured out a novel way to obtain the new icons sets. If anyone out there has special knowledge about editing CL movie files, I'd love it if you dropped me a line. I'm betting you can already see where I'm headed with this. :)

Puma clothing isn't in because I still don't know what it looks like. Find Skirwan (or his friendly-but-quiet cousin Zurwan) in town and show off your swanky threads.

Still no word on whether tan shoes actually exist. Anybody want to clear this up?

Preliminary support has been added for preventing people from dyeing lava cloaks or making them into shirts. For now, just don't do that. :)

I've added a reset button, which a number of folks requested. Is this what you wanted it to do?

Still no way to preview your character standing next to a keg. 'Soon'!
That's all for now. Keep the bug reports and suggestions coming.

And by the way, many thanks to the friendly admin who made this thread sticky.

Odesseus
Rising Claw
Rising Claw

Post by Odesseus » Mon May 09, 2005 9:46 pm

Not being the fashion cat, I have only peripheral interest in Stylunk, but nonetheless, I am suitably impressed! Excellent work.

Uhhh... you think you could give a hand with the Bard thingy?

:P
Be nice or I'll eat you. >:"E