General Clan Lord discussion

Moderator: CL GMs

Theo
Exile
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Theo » Fri May 06, 2005 4:15 pm

No see, you use the Clanlord.jnlp add you downloaded and started it with in the first place, just keep using that to open the game. I put it along with my cl images and sounds, and macros all in one folder, and made a shortcut of the Clanlord.jnlp file to my desktop. replace Clanlord.jnlp in my post with Arindal.jnlp, depending on whihc one you downloaded, if you got the one from Ann's post, and the one with english menus, then it'll be Clanlord.jnlp

the file just looks like a file with the java icon on it.

zen
Temple of the Moon
Temple of the Moon

Post by zen » Fri May 06, 2005 5:29 pm

Theo wrote:No see, you use the Clanlord.jnlp add you downloaded and started it with in the first place, just keep using that to open the game. I put it along with my cl images and sounds, and macros all in one folder, and made a shortcut of the Clanlord.jnlp file to my desktop. replace Clanlord.jnlp in my post with Arindal.jnlp, depending on whihc one you downloaded, if you got the one from Ann's post, and the one with english menus, then it'll be Clanlord.jnlp

the file just looks like a file with the java icon on it.

Well, that's kinda what I assumed...but I don't see it. Hrm, lemme do a search for Clanlord.jnlp (I didn't know the name of the file previously)...searching...

nope. No file or program with that name was found. Searched 'My Computer'...I'm reasonably conversant with Windows search functions...

and last, the program did not save in the place where I saved the image and sound files. I just searched for CL_Images, found all occurances, and the Clanlord.jnlp isn't in the folder (or subfolders) with the image or soundfiles.

Darn, weird! Thanks fer trying! I'll keep lookin'.
Carpe Occultum via scrotum.

zen
Temple of the Moon
Temple of the Moon

Post by zen » Fri May 06, 2005 5:36 pm

Further...I just did a search, with the Java client running, for all JNLP files. The search function found...none.

Grr. This is getting under my skin.

When I click the link in Ann's email now, it simply starts Java, and starts the program. It no longer asks me to save anything.

Grr!

I love my Mac. Gimme my Mac back!

zen
Temple of the Moon
Temple of the Moon

Post by zen » Fri May 06, 2005 5:38 pm

Muahahaha. I found it. Documents and settings folder, and it was a hidden file.

I knew it was Hidden's fault. But I'll still blame Polerand.

Theo
Exile
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Theo » Fri May 06, 2005 5:57 pm

Sounds like quite an adventure... I set my desktop as my download folder and show all hidden files, no problems for me ;)

zen
Temple of the Moon
Temple of the Moon

Post by zen » Fri May 06, 2005 10:14 pm

Theo wrote:Sounds like quite an adventure... I set my desktop as my download folder and show all hidden files, no problems for me ;)

Actually, I'm still screwed...it wasn't just in Documents and Settings, it was in "Temporary Internet Files"...and after I created a shortcut, it ceased to function. Ah, well. As long as Ann's link is still here on the Sentinel, I'm ok :shock: I'm too wonked to fix it after 4 hours of WoW...

Kromatus
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Kromatus » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:04 am

Did you try right-clicking on the link that Ann has? There might be a "Save this file" funtion or something similar. I have more Windows experience than I want or need. :roll:

Monolith The Good
Fresh off the Boat

Mac on Linux and CL

Post by Monolith The Good » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:55 pm

Ok, I never successfully got the java client running in Linux. I got it running in Windows XP, but the firewall at work wouldn't let me get to the CL server.

Today, I did get Mac on Linux to work and successfully failed a circle test in Clan Lord. I know I could just boot into OS X or 9 to play, but I wanted to see if I could do it.

Someone has MoL running on X86 architecture with pearpc, which emulates ppc architecture. See the following post:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=94215&highlight=MOL

Fun stuff! :)
Monolith The Good aka Monolith The Merely Adequate or just Monolith