bugs and other things I've noticed with java client, on my pc.
1. My main life saving macros don't work too well while using click-hold, because with the mouse button held my macros
Code: Select all
f5 "\equip <item name>\r"
don't activate at all, but click-toggle fixed it.
2. chaining: To put someone on a chain, I can't simply type uu and hit enter next to someone, I need to specify an exile, which is dangerous when running from tough creatures on low health and picking someone up on your chain
3. minor annoyance bugs: Sometimes I don't see text bubbles,yells,actions or whatever coming from my character, but other people do, also, text and actions seem to repeat occasionally, not sure if it is a java bug or a mistake of the exiles
4.This might be an issue with pcs, but clicking on an exile while holding down the control button would put the exiles name that you clicked on in your textbox... It was my main method of cadding
Now I type out the first 3 or 4 or whatever letters of the target's name, I'm kinda used to it now. It would be great if there was a macro or something to mimic the control-click function, since I don't have a control key on my pc keyboard
5. cosmetic bug: narrate boxes have blue borders and event boxes have green narrate borders, It should be the other way around
6. Music doesn't play on my pc through java client also. I'm not sure if its a bug, or if I'm missing an extension or something on my part.
7. Missing feature?: I don't have a friend list on the java client. I see the label menus, but they are greyed out. Has anyone tried putting in their own friend folder and lists for their characters?
It runs really nice now. I have completed 2 valley hunts and 1 ki hunt on the java client on my pc. I only had to exit and re-launch the app once during the ki hunt, which I got lucky that it wasn't a bad time
once during a valley hunt was though, but I was running other small apps like icq, and only have 512 ram
I am really enjoying clanning on my pc