Fogtripper
Noble
Profession: Walker of Ether
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Re: Dead Ends

Post by Fogtripper » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:36 pm

Jazz wrote:
Cinnamon wrote:With any luck it's lame and pointless anyway.
Maybe, but for me, personally, the Gaia quest has always been that little carrot dangling out there just past the end of my nose that I really want to eat (probably because I "tasted" it briefly once before). I know it's just a stupid little carrot, but it's tasty, nutritious and, for me, definitely worth trying to eat even though I know that I'll end up hungry every night before bed... whatever... that's what belts are for. :roll:

EDIT: Found a bunch of old stuff on CSMGA from 2003 (CSMGA rules!):

http://tinyurl.com/yrh494

Really this was the only telling post:

Ann said, " I feel a need to jump in here and reiterate that all of this is still
purely hypothetical. As for whether the Follower of Gaia quest is in,
completed, doable, available, etc., and how to start it if it is, the
full and complete answer is: "No comment." And as for why that's the
answer, "Because the person whose secret it is said so."

So as near as I can tell we know the same as we did in 2003... not much. Most likely doable by HGM because he knows the "secret" so probably a "complete" quest, but so cryptic that even blind, dumb luck from thousands of exiles over the years hasn't stumbled on the start to it. Well.. maybe I can be dumberer than all you all!

Was it ever confirmed that this "quest" could be completed without admittance by GaiaGM?
Perhaps it was "solveable" by HGM's noob character due to GaiaGM's phone number on his list of DT employees?

OT: Something that has kept me scratching my head all these years was the "pardon our dust" NPC in the guild registry building. What could possibly have been intended insofar as expansion to that room?

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling
Player Status: Active
Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Post by Jazz » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:53 pm

Fogtripper wrote:Was it ever confirmed that this "quest" could be completed without admittance by GaiaGM?
Perhaps it was "solveable" by HGM's noob character due to GaiaGM's phone number on his list of DT employees?
Well this thread from 7 years ago answers it the best that I've seen so far. Ironic to me that I asked it back then (and clearly forgot asking) and am asking it again now again... 7 years and noone has figured it out? That means that it's literally "impossible" for the average clanner (me!) to figure out. Heh, heh. *shrug*

http://tinyurl.com/37k54n
Bang a rang!

Fogtripper
Noble

Post by Fogtripper » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:08 am

Jazz wrote:
Fogtripper wrote:Was it ever confirmed that this "quest" could be completed without admittance by GaiaGM?
Well this thread from 7 years ago answers it the best that I've seen so far. Ironic to me that I asked it back then (and clearly forgot asking) and am asking it again now again... 7 years and noone has figured it out? That means that it's literally "impossible" for the average clanner (me!) to figure out. Heh, heh. *shrug*

http://tinyurl.com/37k54n
I miss Outcast :cry:

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer

Post by Lorikeet » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:12 am

Fogtripper wrote: OT: Something that has kept me scratching my head all these years was the "pardon our dust" NPC in the guild registry building. What could possibly have been intended insofar as expansion to that room?
http://www.thoomcare.com/archives/002950.html

Paramedic
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Profession: Healer
Race: Thoom

Post by Paramedic » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:22 am

Lorikeet wrote:
Fogtripper wrote: OT: Something that has kept me scratching my head all these years was the "pardon our dust" NPC in the guild registry building. What could possibly have been intended insofar as expansion to that room?
Sonndyh's submission suggested that this was relatively recent, but in fact it looks like it's been that way going way back. (I originally thought Sonndyh was suggesting there had been some newer change.)

I guess then this does qualify as a "dead end"?

terise dumiroir
Fresh off the Boat

Post by terise dumiroir » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:04 am

Terise has been trying since long time to be admitted to talk to Gaia. From what she has heard of her (which is admittedly not much) she wondered at first, were She not another incarnation of the one Terise was dedicated to on the mainland?

Terise has tried all the things of which she can think, to gain access, but has failed.

Terise would like to know....is this a quest which is able to be completed?
"The danger is not in the glass itself, but in the Image..." - Stephen Donaldson

Fogtripper
Noble

Post by Fogtripper » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:06 pm

Paramedic wrote:
Lorikeet wrote:
Sonndyh's submission suggested that this was relatively recent, but in fact it looks like it's been that way going way back. (I originally thought Sonndyh was suggesting there had been some newer change.)

I guess then this does qualify as a "dead end"?
What the...
OK, why are people following me around? :shock:
(She has been seeking pardon for her dust for quite a few years)

Raul
Noble

Post by Raul » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:35 pm

following you around?
also the room is larger than before

Fogtripper
Noble

Post by Fogtripper » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:25 am

Raul wrote:following you around?
OOC, she posted on TC shortly after I posted about it here.
Raul wrote:also the room is larger than before
You noticed that too!?!?!

Raul
Noble

Post by Raul » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:28 pm

sword of souls screaming, etc.

Alces
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Alces » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:14 am

So I was in old noids the other day, and the NPC noid was alluding to some kind of noid-crafted weapon(s)?

I know this thread has been dead for awhile (thus the Thread Lich!), but I think that it would be cool to see some noid weapons in the lands.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned- I didn't feel like pouring through the many pages of posts. :P
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

Aldernon
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Aldernon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:17 am

There was, in existence, a broken noid weapon at one point. The owner that I recall has OOC passed on, I do not know if he was able to will his items before his passing or not.
-Ald

"Applying epistemological transformations to dismiss information that isn't presently convenient to you is the reason people distrust self-professed intellectuals: because it's bullshit." -Skirwan

Alces
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Alces » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:29 am

Yes, someone was telling me who had it- but I didn't know if that knowledge was widespread.

It was that information that what got me interested in it- I thought maybe we could attach his name to the weapon(s) in some way. A digital legacy, if you will.
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

Nunul
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Profession: Dust Collector
Race: Dwarf

Post by Nunul » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:38 am

Alces wrote:Yes, someone was telling me who had it- but I didn't know if that knowledge was widespread.

It was that information that what got me interested in it- I thought maybe we could attach his name to the weapon(s) in some way. A digital legacy, if you will.
Dunno how I feel about that. I spoke with him way back about the part he had. He had hope that it would become "complete". Wouldn't seem right somehow to make it useful at this point. *shrugs* Mixed feelings.
BACON!

Aldernon
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Aldernon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:12 am

Nunul wrote:
Alces wrote:Yes, someone was telling me who had it- but I didn't know if that knowledge was widespread.

Dunno how I feel about that. I spoke with him way back about the part he had. He had hope that it would become "complete". Wouldn't seem right somehow to make it useful at this point. *shrugs* Mixed feelings.
I agree, don't think it's necessary. He, like all the others known to have OOC left us, have a memorial in the memorial garden. I think that is a fitting way to remember them and their legacy in CL.

I would, however, like to see more of that storyline happen. Or see it removed. If the GM behind some obscure open-ended storyline has moved on, remove the stuff that ultimately irritate more than it entertains. There are many of these, one my biggest pet peeves is Votenkath's...kinda hoping we'd go there one day and find a big old crator. Then we can at least move on to trying to solve something that's solvable ;)
-Ald

"Applying epistemological transformations to dismiss information that isn't presently convenient to you is the reason people distrust self-professed intellectuals: because it's bullshit." -Skirwan