General Clan Lord discussion

Moderator: CL GMs

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling
Player Status: Active
Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Audio Issues

Post by Jazz » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:51 am

I hate to say it, but I'm still having awful audio dropout issues. I notice it most when hunting in Camp Dred and it's busy... swing sounds are lost, lightning sounds don't fire etc. etc. I'm on a quad-core i7 iMac with 16GB RAM so it's not the machine bogging for sure. I'm not seeing much/if any packet loss either and usually <120ms pings. Anyways... just a heads up. It's only when things get hectic. Otherwise sounds seems to trigger fine.
Bang a rang!

Yappy
CL GM
CL GM
Profession: GM
Race: Concealed

Re: Audio Issues

Post by Yappy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Are these problems continuing after the update?

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance

Post by Jazz » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:31 pm

Yappy wrote:Are these problems continuing after the update?
Yes I still have the audio problems. It's very likely me as I clan on a busy network so think that might be causing it, but I also see it at home on a crappy cable modem. It only happens when there are a lot of critters on the screen and then the sounds start dropping out. Lightning, swing sounds etc. I get like maybe half of them. Honestly I can live with it no problem... just wanted to see if it's happening to anyone else. With such minimal bandwidth used by CL I am having a hard time believing it's bandwidth, but who knows... I don't know the technicals. I do see sub 120ms pings all the time and only rarely experience more than 1% packet loss. Anyway... don't lose sleep over it. ;)
Bang a rang!

Chmee
Exile
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Chmee » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Yep, I have them still. Don't usually have fog, although the other day I had some really bad fog going on - but I think that was caused by the forty-leben tabs I had open in Safari. Quit Safari, problem went away.

The sound thing is livable, I suppose, but very annoying. I've found I rely more on sound cues than I would have thought. 8)
Chmee, Ranger, Open Hands.

Adar
Fresh off the Boat
Profession: Healer
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Adar » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:40 am

Been offline for a few months and came back yesterday and the day before. I'm having the audio issues, too, but also some lag. I figured it was because I'm running a geriatric MacBook Air (mid 2012, and treated somewhat poorly) but after reading this thread, I dunno. Just thought I'd give my own anecdata for the community good.

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance

Post by Jazz » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:00 am

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday in Hatred's Hollow (think lots of lightning and swinging sounds) and the audio was awful. I checked my network and it was clear at the time with sub-100ms pings, no packet loss at all etc. It's almost as if the CL client itself just isn't keeping up. Lots of herky jerky movement etc. Is it possible the client these days just isn't optimized anymore or is so outdated that something else is happening? I'm no coder, but I starting to think it's not network related. Whenever I'm in a low activity area things are fast, smooth and feel normal.

Dunno... like I said not a deal breaker, but there were several times in HH yesterday when things were particularly hectic when I was yelling at the client, "c'mon!!! keep up!!!" Haha.
Bang a rang!

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Lorikeet » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:16 am

Oh! I just put two and two together. That must be why I don't always hear the "clink" of the chain when I chain people. It happens enough times for me to notice. Good thing we have the link showing too or I wouldn't know I'd been successful.

Shakyamuni
Open Hands
Profession: Healer/Alchemist

Post by Shakyamuni » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:24 am

I have been having the audio issues, connection issues and lag. I have done everything possible to clear the problem on my side.. I am wondering if there are changes that is happening on CL side that is creating the problem.

I am running a Late 2013 Mac with MacOS Sierra (10.12.4)
Husband to Drablak and Nettle - Brother to Algy and Juren