Moderator: CL GMs

Chmee
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

The v1000 data loss

Postby Chmee » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:20 pm

As I understand things, we have reverted to the v996 data, so any ranks or other that were attained after v1000 went live are lost to the game. So I need to back those ranks out of my spreadsheets, right? Same would apply to lasties, but I doubt I got any in that period anyway.

Ranks, etc. accrued during the period when v996 was live are still valid, I think. Also, any ranks attained since about 10 PM EST yesterday (Friday 2/17) are valid. Right?
Chmee, Ranger, Open Hands.

Killian
Exile
Race: Fen'neko

Re: The v1000 data loss

Postby Killian » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Chmee wrote:As I understand things, we have reverted to the v996 data, so any ranks or other that were attained after v1000 went live are lost to the game. So I need to back those ranks out of my spreadsheets, right? Same would apply to lasties, but I doubt I got any in that period anyway.

Ranks, etc. accrued during the period when v996 was live are still valid, I think. Also, any ranks attained since about 10 PM EST yesterday (Friday 2/17) are valid. Right?

Ranks attained past 9pm est 2/18/17 are valid. Do not untrain now. We did revert to v996. Whatever date that started on....
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.

Org du Lac
Exile

Postby Org du Lac » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:23 am

Killian wrote:
Ranks attained past 9pm est 2/18/17 are valid. Do not untrain now. We did revert to v996. Whatever date that started on....

We reverted to v996, but the date it ended on, not the date it -started- on (i.e. ~25 January).

Some ranks were also given out, on the order of 15-20-ish?, which will (over)compensate for most of those who lost library ranks due to running out of money during their extended stays, and I think even compensate for those who were clanning at the time of the v996 update and lost 4 full weeks of lib ranks.

Fafnir
Exile

Postby Fafnir » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:16 pm

About the bug is it link to the Microsoft Atom?

Maybe all those ranks could be an opportunity for the GM to explain their aim with those since CL don't reset? Because we see monster like ice goats that are so challenging that usually I just run away even on Lorikeet hunts.

Shakyamuni
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Healer/Alchemist
Race: Halfling

Postby Shakyamuni » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:08 am

I know that there are problems trying to get items back that we lost. I wonder if they have considered letting us submit our requests and considering them on a case by case basis? I don't necessarily want everything back, but there are a few things. I know this will be difficult, and I think it's fine if the GM's decide not to give anything back other than shirts - But I thought I would put it out there.

Thanks again GM's. I appreciate that you probably lost way more "work" than we did, and I also appreciate how much fun it has been since I have been back. Having GM's so visible, and having them participate so much has been a blast, and I for one am so glad there was a Clanlord around when I wanted to come back.
Husband to Drablak and Nettle - Brother to Algy and Juren

Onashi
Exile
Race: Ghorak Zo

Postby Onashi » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Shakyamuni wrote:Thanks again GM's. I appreciate that you probably lost way more "work" than we did, and I also appreciate how much fun it has been since I have been back. Having GM's so visible, and having them participate so much has been a blast, and I for one am so glad there was a Clanlord around when I wanted to come back.

Seconded! Thank you for all your hard work behind-the-scenes, GMs!

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Postby Slartibartfast » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:38 am

Org du Lac wrote:
Killian wrote:

We reverted to v996, but the date it ended on, not the date it -started- on (i.e. ~25 January).

Some ranks were also given out, on the order of 15-20-ish?, which will (over)compensate for most of those who lost library ranks due to running out of money during their extended stays, and I think even compensate for those who were clanning at the time of the v996 update and lost 4 full weeks of lib ranks.

Also to be clear: We're planning on significantly more compensation in v1006, it just has to wait for technical reasons.

Return to “Out of Character”