Moderator: CL GMs

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Active

Portal Moves For February

Post by Mac » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:19 pm

Edit 4: Purple Portal is now in the CD thanks to a team of skilled exiles who, with daring leadership and unfathomable skill, cleared Foghaven for me. Happy Hunting!

Edit 3: It seems like all 30 of the v1k NPCs have been found (we're assuming it's 30 right?) so I have gone ahead and moved the purple portal to outside of Foghaven. It should stay there until Friday/Saturday-ish and then will go to the CD. Reminder: Outside Foghaven Monaster is not safe by any measure of the word. Expect death and such. Recruit people to help clear and talk to the NPC. Be sure to keep the portal outside of the monastery or it will stop working. There is no good place for it. (Going from the mirror will negate any delay when you land and help you run around and live.)

Edit 2: As of Friday night, no one has checked the village area (snells surrounding, org caves) for a v1k NPC. On Tuesday the portal will be moved from the village to outside Foghaven Monastery where v1k XXX is location (sooner if the village area is checked and none is found). Then late Friday/Early Saturday the portal will be moved back to CD (as described below). (Reminder: The portal will be outside Foghaven Monastery and it will not be a safe landing. Expect to need help clearing and talking to the NPC. Also chains slip when going inside of the Monastery.)

Edit: I just found V'wunkay XXX, Outside Foghaven Monastery so the portal will probably spend some time in that area (not long). Will update here when I have a plan. As of right now, purple portal is in the village (and the whole area needs checked).

In order to deal with the v1k NPCs the portal schedule for February is going to be modified.

As of right now the plan is to move the portal to the village from the 1st through the 7th and then back to the CD from the 8th to the end of the month.

The week in the village will be spent checking for new stuff and v1k NPCs in that area. As far as I know, no one has checked there since the v1k NPCs started showing up and it seems pretty likely that there is one in the area (or maybe Foghaven). If we do not find an NPC in that area (or Foghaven) then the portal will be moved back to the CD earlier than the 8th (when I can get a mark and do it).

Some people has said that they do not want the portal moved out of the CD at all this month (because of the NPCs in that area), but at the same time I know they and more would want to be able to access any NPCs located in the village/Foghaven area if we find them. A week or more at the end of this storm, plus the first week, should give people plenty of opportunity to visit the NPCs that are more easily accessed via the CD.

Happy Hunting!
Last edited by Mac on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:22 am, edited 10 times in total.

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling
Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Re: Portal Moves For February

Post by Jazz » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:44 am

Has any GM mentioned to anyone if the V'wunkays are a 1 update cycle thing or are they permanent? Seems to me they should be permanent because they're... you know... awesome & gettng exiles excited about places they haven't been in forever. As someone who took awhile off & came back it didn't really feel like Clan Lord, but Easter Mountain Ranger Lasty Lord. That's ok, but it's a big big big world out there so it's nice to see peeps moving around again. And obviously the more casual players would appreciate them staying.

Thx for your efforts Salandra.
Bang a rang!

Mac
Exile

Post by Mac » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Jazz wrote:Has any GM mentioned to anyone if the V'wunkays are a 1 update cycle thing or are they permanent?
Given the name I think it's safer for us to assume they're only here for one storm (and be pleasantly surprised if they stick around).

Yappy
CL GM
CL GM
Profession: GM
Race: Concealed

Post by Yappy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:36 pm

Mystics are wise!

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance

Post by Jazz » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:51 pm

Well that's gonna create a definite sense of urgency. Haha. Haven't even found them all! Not that I'm complaining. Good fun. Thanks for the rank quests!
Bang a rang!

Icy
Noble
Profession: All
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Icy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Is this Storm going to be 1 week or 3 weeks or are we switching to even numbers and its 2 weeks?
3/3/15 9:27:45a Icy has fallen to a Rat.

Yappy
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Yappy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:22 pm

From the What's New page:
The v1003 update is scheduled for Wednesday 15 February 2017.

Mac
Exile

Post by Mac » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:50 am

Update to original post.

Org du Lac
Exile
Profession: Muffin

Post by Org du Lac » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:16 am

Hey Yappy, are you willing to give us some basic statistics afterwards about the 'collection'? It'd be fun to see, say, if we assign the most-visited V'wunkay at 100%, what % of people got V'wunkay XXX, V'wunkay XIV, etc.

Also I have a feeling like a certain NPC in town must have a special deal with the V'wunkay guys to increase his sales. Haricot should have taken notice!

Icy
Noble
Profession: All
Race: Dwarf

Post by Icy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:59 pm

Yappy wrote:From the What's New page:
The v1003 update is scheduled for Wednesday 15 February 2017.
Excellent. I am really hoping that you post where the ones were that we didn't find just to gloat.
3/3/15 9:27:45a Icy has fallen to a Rat.

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:12 pm

nice try. If there’s one we don’t find, then exposing the hiding place is ruining a potential future hiding place.

:) “Don’t do eet!”

So, I take it Yappy is responsible for this uptick in player login? If so… this is a great login incentive. I’d be thinking up more with how popular these are. I like the mix of solo-able & group-able ones.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance

Post by Jazz » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:12 am

noivad wrote:So, I take it Yappy is responsible for this uptick in player login? If so… this is a great login incentive. I’d be thinking up more with how popular these are. I like the mix of solo-able & group-able ones.
x2. Personally I don't see any reason the V'wunkays can't just stay in the game forever. It's a great legacy piece. Casual players will be bummed they could only get a handful whilst the constantly playing ubers get them all anyways. No big deal, but it's just another disincentive to the casual player. If the V'wunkays stay it will incentivize casuals to login for potentially years to come an foster group formation for a long time. Not to mention mystics... just yesterday from an unnamed mystic, "it's so nice to feel needed for a change!". That's a powerful statement.
Bang a rang!

Yappy
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Yappy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:37 pm

noivad wrote:So, I take it Yappy is responsible for this uptick in player login?
I am but a mere cog in the Great GM Machine. There is a team of volunteers -- both GMs and players -- whose hard work is reflected within this update. And this update is a significant milestone -- all factors into the uptick. I'm curious how logins will look during v1003.

Yappy
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Yappy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Org du Lac wrote:Hey Yappy, are you willing to give us some basic statistics afterwards about the 'collection'?
I am open to that.

Org du Lac
Exile
Profession: Muffin

Post by Org du Lac » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:39 am

Jazz wrote: x2. Personally I don't see any reason the V'wunkays can't just stay in the game forever. It's a great legacy piece. Casual players will be bummed they could only get a handful whilst the constantly playing ubers get them all anyways.
Tell them now and get the word out! With one other person assisting/guiding, a mid-level character can visit around 20 of the V'wunkays pretty easily (assuming PFs or Mystics are around) in only 3 or 4 hours. IME it's pretty easy to find people willing to assist right now, which is great fun. I haven't seen this many spontaneous pick-up expeditions in ages. Sure, the ubers will get all 50 ranks and casuals can only easily get ~30, but that sounds pretty fair to me. If casuals are bummed they "only" got 30 ranks then... I guess they're just "the glass is half empty" types. Otherwise, it's a great time to invest those ranks in one of those trainers you always wanted to learn but never wanted to spend 2 months non-stop training. (Hi, metta-slypha.)