Moderator: CL GMs

Zelkhorn
Exile
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Re: Complaining about Elite Players

Post by Zelkhorn » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Okay, but keep in mind that nothing will change unless you do. Good luck.

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Mac » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:05 am

At no point in time is it anyone's responsibility to dig into your personal life to better understand and handle you. That's what your real life family and personal friends should be doing, not every random person on the internet. You seem to think other players should know about your "issues" and handle you accordingly, but none of us have any responsibility to know your personal issues and adapt our lives, style of play, or way of being to you. You might think we do, but we do not. That is a fact of life and you'd be a lot better of coming to terms with it than expecting people to adapt to you.

I've been playing CL off and on since ~v50 and I'm very happy to say that I don't treat people differently because of their personal lives - I treat them based on how they interact via the game with me. Sometimes those interactions are good and sometimes they're bad, but I've never once found out about someone's personal life and changed the way I treated them.

To the very best of my knowledge, this thread is the only time I've ever interacted with you. Before my initial reply I had no opinion of your character. That being said, I have nothing else to add to my original reply to you.

Naferu
Exile

Post by Naferu » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:54 am

Sonny_Bill wrote:Naf... if you hadn't noticed, I regularly go AFK because I have a 13 month old son who needs pretty well constant care. No, this isn't some devious plan to steal coins from everybody... nice try though.
LOL. What part of "we're not fucking idiots" did I not make clear?
When you AFK for 30+ minutes when there is a safe hut right next to you, you are obviously doing it to leech coins.
..."nice try though".
Mai-a-hiiii mai-a-haaa mai-a-hooo mai-a-haaa'aaaa!!!

Chopper
Arilon Legacy
Arilon Legacy
Profession: -
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Chopper » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:01 am

Sonny_Bill wrote:
Your populist attacks on me in my absence and your obsession with trying to paint me as an inherently flawed person (rather than looking for common ground/solutions) demonstrates you're just looking for an easy target that you can get away with attacking.

I'm going to ask you now. Please leave me alone in this forum. If you hate me so much then just fucking leave me alone. Simple.
man i hate zelkhorn too sonny i feel ya

i mean i hunted village with him and i fall 5 times and he tells me ill get it down eventually. the nerve. not to mention the fucker even has the BALLS to give me advice on that one subclass I supersuck at cus I'm impulsive af. that cut my DR falls in half at least. fucking asshole. he also pays the community (i bet!!) so people say he is awesome while he is actually that-one-evil-shak-dude himself. also he sucks at clicking or something based on nothing at all.

but

but you know what the worst fucking thing about zelkhorn is? he does all this, while bringing a pretty much nonstop smile to my face with almost everything he does or says. what a dick.
Largo wrote:i quit clan lord and now i clock 7-9 hours a day minmaxing romantic relationships

Borzon
Arilon Legacy
Arilon Legacy
Race: Sylvan

Post by Borzon » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:09 am

Sonny_Bill wrote:- 3 Pages of comments where people are selectively criticising one's actions (accurate or otherwise) is excessive. Put it whatever way you like... I think this thread is pretty toxic and encourages people to criticise things relating to me (with no voice of balance/reason saying 'hey give him a fair go for once, I know you all hate him but...')
Two years ago I would have "given you a fair go" but you've made no attempt to change anything.
In context my point was that I get absolutely no credit for the acrobatics I have to perform in order to join current-level hunts (using a circle 4 character).
You don't deserve credit for playing the game, no matter how hard it has been. And with "acrobatics" you mean clicking a BM? A class you chose?
- Yes Open Hands is good and I can name a few others from outside it who are awesome. However, they are the exception, not the norm. The norm SHOULD be that when somebody's struggling people go 'what's wrong mate?' or 'here... have a helping hand' (otherwise, people will rightly kick the bucket and walk out). A character like mine is disadvantaged in so many ways, and yet when I get frustrated there's no consideration of what's going on in my head. There's no consideration of how hard I'm trying, how massive the power disparity is, how challenging it is to click current level content with a circle 4 character or how people can make me feel more confident/happy/included.
- I've had a few dummy spits, yes (again with no consideration of the sustained stress/frustration that caused them). I'm awfully tired of people focussing on them and blaming me entirely rather than looking at the root cause. I've concluded that I'm viewed as being the root (and only) cause... and that nobody gives a fuck about my experience of the game (calling me 'new' really doesn't give justice to what has been an extremely painful and tiring 3 years).
Yeah the thing is I don't owe you anything. Your IRL struggles/problems, however bad they may be, are not my responsibility, if that makes me an asshole then so be it.

I'm fine with a lower level player tagging along and slowing the pace of the hunt somewhat, waiting for them to tag etc. I'm sure most people are. This is a game I spend my free time on, I play it for fun. Constantly having to walk on eggshells whenever you are around is not fun.

Take some responsibility for the way you act/acted instead of blaming it on us or your problems.

Sonny_Bill
Exile
Profession: Fighter

Post by Sonny_Bill » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:36 am

Naferu wrote:
Sonny_Bill wrote:Naf... if you hadn't noticed, I regularly go AFK because I have a 13 month old son who needs pretty well constant care. No, this isn't some devious plan to steal coins from everybody... nice try though.
LOL. What part of "we're not fucking idiots" did I not make clear?
When you AFK for 30+ minutes when there is a safe hut right next to you, you are obviously doing it to leech coins.
..."nice try though".
When there's friends who give me money for the library is I ask?

Drop it mate. In this closed environment where I've been blackballed for life you can 'win' any argument no matter how much shit you make up.

Doesn't mean you are right... just means you are lame.

Maeght
Trainer
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling

Post by Maeght » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Sonny_Bill wrote: Drop it mate. In this closed environment where I've been blackballed for life you can 'win' any argument no matter how much shit you make up.
Hate to break it to you, but you're not even close to being blackballed. You're just annoying and people are tired of anteing up time and effort when you're not doing the same.

Take a break from the game. Come back when you have the time and focus to reciprocate what the other players are contributing.

Sonny_Bill
Exile

Post by Sonny_Bill » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:01 pm

Chopper wrote:
Sonny_Bill wrote:
Your populist attacks on me in my absence and your obsession with trying to paint me as an inherently flawed person (rather than looking for common ground/solutions) demonstrates you're just looking for an easy target that you can get away with attacking.

I'm going to ask you now. Please leave me alone in this forum. If you hate me so much then just fucking leave me alone. Simple.
man i hate zelkhorn too sonny i feel ya

i mean i hunted village with him and i fall 5 times and he tells me ill get it down eventually. the nerve. not to mention the fucker even has the BALLS to give me advice on that one subclass I supersuck at cus I'm impulsive af. that cut my DR falls in half at least. fucking asshole. he also pays the community (i bet!!) so people say he is awesome while he is actually that-one-evil-shak-dude himself. also he sucks at clicking or something based on nothing at all.

but

but you know what the worst fucking thing about zelkhorn is? he does all this, while bringing a pretty much nonstop smile to my face with almost everything he does or says. what a dick.
I don't hate anybody (that's your words). I told him to leave me alone in the forum. He agreed and will now leave me alone.

Then you entered and decided to be a fuckwit about it. Why?

Meh sticks and stones. C'ya bruh!

Sonny_Bill
Exile

Post by Sonny_Bill » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Maeght wrote:
Sonny_Bill wrote: Drop it mate. In this closed environment where I've been blackballed for life you can 'win' any argument no matter how much shit you make up.
Hate to break it to you, but you're not even close to being blackballed. You're just annoying and people are tired of anteing up time and effort when you're not doing the same.

Take a break from the game. Come back when you have the time and focus to reciprocate what the other players are contributing.
I have been blackballed for a long time now. I've tried to be happy in-game but other than a notable few, there's not a lot of people who are willing to help me through this current trough (say what you like... 'oh it is your own fault' but it's an objective fact and bar me becoming a new person it's unlikely to change). People are more willing to bring up past conflicts (that haven't even involved them) for some cheap giggles. Sorry but I do actually 'fit in' a lot better with the other online communities I use and with RL friends... I'm not lying when I say that the environment/community here brings out this weird one-sided view of me. That and vocal few seem to like cheap giggles rather than going 'fuck somebody help the guy, he clearly needs a hand up'.

Maeght has summed up what is needed from me right now. Comrades, Maeght is now officially the voice of reason in these forums! SCARY. Maybe time for a few people to have a look in the mirror? No it really isn't all 'just me'... it's the constant 'we would help you but you've been such an arsehole in the past [with reference to something that happened 2.5 years ago] you you deserve to be shat on rather than give a fair go'. Borzon's made it clear he doesn't think I deserve a 'fair go' and he feels strongly enough about me (a fellow clan member BTW) that he thinks trying to humiliate me in his signature block is productive. Surely there are another million positive in-game interactions that he could refer to given I haven't played for months? Apparently not...

I literally don't have time to play right now (and won't for at least 6-12 months). Might have the odd run but with kids and work as they are, a rest from the game + forums is necessary.

I don't wanna lose the progress I've gained so won't quit. 6-12 Months of library experience ahould bring me up to about 800 histia, some decent regia and the same BB (which can hit most things). My troilus will also be higher (so I'll be hunting at slightly higher health).

While I won't 'catch up'... this will hopefully annoy others less and help me to partipate once I have more time available.

Until then, I need to stop breaking my promise, and actually have that rest. If you guys could promise to leave me alone (i.e. Let this thread die), not dig up old shit, show a bit of forgiveness and welcome me back with some positive vibes in 6-12 months time when I return, I reckon it would help us to all just move on.

The blackball attitude towards me really isn't useful because it just makes me feel even more isolated from a community where I'm trying to find my way (believe it or not). There's at least 5 reliable 'friends' who I get along well with and have no issues with.

If the blackball attitude hasn't gone away by the time I return then I'll have to again re-assess my future... feel free to PM me if you reckon you could do something better with 'Sonny' if you took him over. He's sitting on what I think would be decent stats for a n00b to start at. Happy to consider the idea of a mature and friendly person taking over control of Sonny (and about 20 other characters I've built from ground up, most of which are circle 4 and up). Not all that appetising with all the circle 8 characters out there, but I'm happy to consider giving all/some of these characters to the right person.

Icy
Noble
Profession: All

Post by Icy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:46 pm

Oh. This just isn't healthy.
3/3/15 9:27:45a Icy has fallen to a Rat.

Naferu
Exile

Post by Naferu » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:37 am

When you do have time enough to play, spend it with a therapist instead.
In the mean time, try accepting some responsibility for your actions and stop blaming everyone but yourself.
Last edited by Naferu on Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalian
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Kalian » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:26 am

Naferu wrote:When you do have time enough to play, spend it with a therapist instead.
In the mean time, try accepting some responsibility for you actions and stop blaming everyone but yourself.
+1

Zelkhorn
Exile

Post by Zelkhorn » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:31 pm

Chopper wrote:mean schtuff
Reported.

But seriously, that was sweet. Much love, Chopstar <3

Sonny_Bill
Exile

Post by Sonny_Bill » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:58 am

Naferu wrote:When you do have time enough to play, spend it with a therapist instead.
In the mean time, try accepting some responsibility for your actions and stop blaming everyone but yourself.
You're a psychiatrist now mate?

1. My meantal health is 100%.
2. If it wasn't then trying to attack a guy for having a mental illness is like pushing a blind guy over and stealing his wallet (i.e. fucked up).

Please leave your lay diagnosis' at home. They are simple further evidence of the negative, blackball attitude I'm copping.

I'm not the first to blast the bullyboy attitude here and I won't be the last. Just look at your playing statistics!!! I'm just giving you some advice mate ;)

Naferu
Exile

Post by Naferu » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:58 am

My playing statistics? What does that even mean? I have no idea what you are attempting to advise me on...

You want to know my "lay" diagnosis?
I have lived with a significant-other that had textbook borderline personality disorder.
I know it firsthand; I know it when I see it.

You have exhibited a negative pattern. A pattern with a community that is one of the nicest, most inclusive and tolerant ones around...
You belittle said community. You cry foul. Cry shame. Practically scream for attention, because you know that it is the last corner of the internet that still has ears kind enough to continue listening to you.
That is called "taking advantage".
Another word for taking advantage is "abuse".

You have abused the inclusiveness of this community to the breaking point.
You have shown that you want desperately to be heard.
Whatever trauma that has led you to this point needs to be dealt with by professionals, not us.
You make attempts at gaining attention by lashing out, followed by complete revocation of any responsibility.
You continuously claim to be the victim of this terrible community that has forced you into your awful predicament.
People have offered you characters to untrain...bankrolled your library fees, taken you on innumerable hunts...
...and most of all put up with your paranoid episodes when you have been convinced they are working against you.

Rather than give a single word of appreciation, you continue the false narrative of your victimization.
You have never apologized for your episodes(of which there are many), and have always blamed, blamed, blamed.

I do not claim to be the nicest clanner.
I am in no way perfect...
But accepting responsibility for your actions is part of personal evolution.
...and if you refuse to grow, I don't think this is garden for you.