Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Asklepian

Post by Fundin » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:41 pm

Well I got no IC joy to my question viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10266 so can anyone OOC tell me more?
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Maeght
Trainer
Race: Halfling

Re: Asklepian

Post by Maeght » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:49 pm

Do you have a specific question?

It's basically healing everyone in area with total healing if you've trained right that's more than your Faustus. High Spirit/Sprite targets in the area can increase that healing.

Overlapping area healers can be amazingly powerful, but they can also be amazingly lazy and not focus their healing when it is needed.

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Fundin » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:07 pm

Maeght wrote:Do you have a specific question?

It's basically healing everyone in area with total healing if you've trained right that's more than your Faustus. High Spirit/Sprite targets in the area can increase that healing.

Overlapping area healers can be amazingly powerful, but they can also be amazingly lazy and not focus their healing when it is needed.
I do indeed have a few questions...

Where do I find it?
How much does it cost?
Do I have to train specifically to use it? (like the pendant)
What kind of other training makes it useful e.g. a good combo of trainers?

Thanks

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Mac » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:24 pm

You need a Selenite crystal, 750 coppers, and a Cad or Merc to make the staff (you could probably ask around and get a crystal for free, but I recall them being found under Glen castle).

Rady Ann says, "Greetings, Lord Falinus."
Rady Ann says, "I can tell you a bit about the asklepian, if you want to hear it."
Rady Ann says, "An asklepian can be used to heal everyone within range of you who is also sharing you."
Rady Ann says, "Training with Radium will improve this range."
Rady Ann says, "The teaching of Proximus is only tangentially related, but it can also be applied to small effect."
Rady Ann says, "A bit less than your healing speed with a moonstone is split evenly among everyone in range."
Rady Ann says, "However, training with Radium will increase the total amount of healing."
Rady Ann says, "This is more effective than Master Faustus, but is only usable when healing multiple people."
Rady Ann says, "Radium and the asklepian have their limits, much to Radium's disappointment."
Rady Ann says, "For example, when healing multiple people..."
Rady Ann says, "...you can never heal an individual faster than a portion of your speed healing with a moonstone."
Rady Ann says, "As a result, Radium's teachings are generally more effective when used to heal many people at the same time."
Rady Ann whispers, "Don't tell Radium I said this..."
Rady Ann whispers, "But if you are only healing a person or two, you are probably better off with Master Faustus and Proximus."
Rady Ann says, "And of course, the asklepian can also be used in the same ways as the caduceus."
Rady Ann asks, "Any questions?"

Trainers/crafters can be found in the 4th circle healer room. I want to say that some people have spent a lot of time figuring out percents or something, but I never paid any attention to it. I recall hearing something about needing a minimum of Radium for it to be useful, healing % at the very edge being lower than when people are close (depending on training), and some other stuff. You'd have to ask others about that.

Maeght
Trainer

Post by Maeght » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:07 pm

Since Mac addressed most of your questions I'll focus on the training.

100 Radium is a good start. As for other training, pretty much what you'd train if you started training a lot more Faustus.

IMO, you're better off training Faustus and Prox (and the stuff needed to support it) until you have "enough" of both.

How well area healing will work for you depends on who you're hunting with and their hunting style. The math fluctuates so much depending on your healing radius, the group including high Sprite/Spirtus types, shares, and how much cross-healing going on that there's no good rule of thumb model for how it works.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Lorikeet » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:43 pm

A couple more notes:

Selenite crystals are also found more consistently in the first Metz cave on the way to the Rain Forest, if you go east and then south and hit the mushroom area.

If you decide to have an asklepian made, make sure you get the right one--if you want a regular asklepian (made with a cad) or an asklepian staff (made with a merc staff). The difference is the asklepian staff will take all your spirit if you knock someone by mistake. Of course, if you do it on purpose, it's fine ;) (It still takes all your spirit though!)

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Fundin » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:13 pm

Ty all, interesting stuff to digest :)

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:55 pm

Hmm I don't think anyone mentioned what I've heard, which is that the asklepian works with up to ten "patients" but at less than three, you lose "efficiency". Also, I was told you needed 30 ranks of training at a minimum although some people use it with less. Kitlin has studied it a lot and if you see her around, you might ask if you have questions.

Maeght
Trainer

Post by Maeght » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:13 pm

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:51 pm

Maeght wrote:This thread might be useful:

http://vagilemind.com/clanlord/viewtopi ... ula#p93948
Wow, that's from 2008. Good searching, Maeght, and I didn't realize it had been that long.

Maeght
Trainer

Post by Maeght » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Lorikeet wrote: Wow, that's from 2008. Good searching, Maeght, and I didn't realize it had been that long.
Seems like yesterday to me. :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27652404@N ... ed-public/