Moderator: CL GMs

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Active

Re: Healer Pets

Post by Mac » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:48 am

Omega wrote:I am curious as to who has the most powerful pet and how many ranks it actually has... if it's been kept track of? Or anyone with high ranking pets.
Destain has obviously put a lot of time into his pet, but I think it is limited by his own ranks. Tara put a lot of time into her pet if I remember correctly, and I think Tater has as well. I have no idea how strong any of those are, I just remember that those people were working on them at some point.

Azriel
Exile

Post by Azriel » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 am

Omega wrote:Ok so My pet kestral is at 64msgs right now 3 Much Stronger. Does rather well now in the Wet Lands (K&V there still) and will be venturing further soon.

I am curious as to who has the most powerful pet and how many ranks it actually has... if it's been kept track of? Or anyone with high ranking pets.

Also best areas for 60-100 rank pets to kill and vanqs.

Thanks,
Ω
My healer friend hit the pet cap with just over 4400 ranks, with 3 much stronger and 19 stronger messages, so the cap appears to be at 79 messages overall.

Was really hoping to get that next "much stronger" because wow that would be strong, but pet is still capable of hunting Young Sas and such with just pet and healer. MI was a great area to top off, and Wetlands also just for numbers. With help, Valley could be great, but I think it would be deadly for a healer alone with a pet. Tara and Tater together were using Dredwood to top off, but it can be tough to get a secure foot in the door there with just a healer and pet.

Az
HGM: "To be honest, keeping folks who've been playing for 3+ yrs happy for another 3 yrs -- while it'd be nice -- isn't a top priority."

Omega
Exile

Post by Omega » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:15 am

Nice! I am at 65 (3 much stronger msgs and 5 stronger) at the moment and still kills in wetlands with a van or tow once in a while but getting rarer there... pretty strong bird. Haven't had him out training lately though.

Frenzymac
Exile
Profession: Healer
Race: Human

Post by Frenzymac » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:04 am

The best place to rank your pet close to maximum level is Centaur Mushroom Hut.

Chmee
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Chmee » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:16 pm

I guess I don't understand how this works. I thought you got "stronger" messages until you hit the cap, which I thought was 18, and then got "much stronger" messages until you hit that cap, which I thought was also 18. That would be 36 total messages. So I don't understand the references to 64 and 65, nor how Omega's pet can have 3 stronger and 5 much stronger messages.
Chmee, Ranger, Open Hands.

Leinis
Exile

Post by Leinis » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Chmee wrote:I guess I don't understand how this works. I thought you got "stronger" messages until you hit the cap, which I thought was 18, and then got "much stronger" messages until you hit that cap, which I thought was also 18. That would be 36 total messages. So I don't understand the references to 64 and 65, nor how Omega's pet can have 3 stronger and 5 much stronger messages.
Omega did not say 3 stronger and 5 much stronger. He said 3 much stronger and 5 stronger. Much stronger messages come every 20th message, so when Omega said 3 much stronger and 5 stronger, it was short hand for 3x20+5 or 65 messages.

19 Stronger messages,
1 Much Stronger message,
19 Stronger messages,
1 Much Stronger message,
19 Stronger messages,
1 Much Stronger message,
19 Stronger messages,
[Capped at this point.]
Crius yells, "We've got a situation here! There's a vampire cat!"

Chmee
Exile
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Chmee » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:49 pm

I see.
Chmee, Ranger, Open Hands.

Omega
Exile

Post by Omega » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:30 pm

Didn't think of mushroom hut... will have to try that...

I have around 5500 ranks so i should be able to hit the 4th much stronger... eventually... as in player ranks they are coming further and further apart )

Destian
Trainer
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Destian » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:59 am

Any chance we could get the "follow" command bug fixed?

When a pet is ACTUALLY following you (which usually happens after crossing a snell border or two while it's not following hand signals), it sticks to you like glue, which is exactly what we want it to do and would make "parking" largely unnecessary as you can get your pet quickly out of the way if it snaps back to you and stays there.

However, upon issuing the "follow" command, your pet will follow for a moment (ie sticks to you like glue) but a moment later it'll revert to its "play" state: bouncing around and getting in the way.

Also, it'd be AMAZING if a pet in the "stay" state didn't go back to the stables when the healer crosses a snell border, but that might be difficult to change.
Last edited by Destian on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"

Adar
Fresh off the Boat
Profession: Healer
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Adar » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:11 am

Just a quick "yes please" to all of what Destian just wrote. As a casual player with odd hours, random quick jaunts of pet coining is often the only way I can keep enough coins in my purse to pay for a nicer library. Since the lion's share of my ranks are library ranks, my pet's functionality is pretty important to me.

Destian
Trainer

Post by Destian » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:27 pm

It only took ~2 more years and a pile of Sprite, but...

Sol finally got there. :) (very noticeable boost in power, too!)
"Solomon chuckles"

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Race: Halfling
Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Post by Jazz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:40 am

Quick question (sry for ignorance)... can all pets eventually get to the same level of strength or will like a fledgling kestral pet always be way stronger than a chigger pet?
Bang a rang!

Destian
Trainer

Post by Destian » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:49 am

Jazz wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:40 am
Quick question (sry for ignorance)... can all pets eventually get to the same level of strength or will like a fledgling kestral pet always be way stronger than a chigger pet?
Slarti said in the OP that they're all the same stats, purely cosmetic.

As I noted in my video, though, the smaller the pet, the more manageable it will be for not trapping you by accident and hunting in groups.
"Solomon chuckles"

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Race: Halfling
Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Post by Jazz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:11 am

Thanks Destain! Last question... promise... how strong can a pet get? Comparable to what like a 5-6th circle fighter or not that strong? Just curious. Thx.
Bang a rang!

Destian
Trainer

Post by Destian » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:34 am

I'm not the best person to ask since I've never really leveled a fighter, but I'd say ~4-5th circle at full strength, maybe? (probably closer to mid-4th).

Also, I guess a larger pet is better for blocking enemies and its corpse would be a better impromptu kudzu, but I'd still lean toward something smaller.
"Solomon chuckles"