Moderator: CL GMs

Destian
Trainer
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

It's time for an exposé on Boostus...

Post by Destian » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:48 am

No, not "What's he wearing under that robe?", but does anyone know what type of exp he has an effect on?

Such as...
-Hunting exp (assumed)
-Share exp (hopefully assumed)
-Library exp
-Rank spot exp
-Exp lottery exp
-Builder exp
etc.

...or is it a UNIVERSAL increase in exp gain for a character under a certain number of ranks?

This will be rather important to know when it comes to instructing any new players in how CL works and what they can expect, especially when it comes to new healers and mystics.
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"

Killian
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: It's time for an exposé on Boostus...

Post by Killian » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:58 pm

Boostus doesn't really boost exp. It lowers the amount of EXp needed to gain a rank. To a point. All Exp is included after talking with him and if you are low enough in ranks to use him. After a set amount of exp or I should say char level, he no longer works. You can see this happen with stored exp. Or just make a new alt and be on breakthrough. Talk to him and get 3 ranks. Doesn't matter how you received the Exp. You still get the 3-4 ranks from breakthrough as a new alt. After so many ranks it is over tho =/ No idea where the cut off is.
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.

Destian
Trainer
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Re: It's time for an exposé on Boostus...

Post by Destian » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:43 am

Killian wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:58 pm
Boostus doesn't really boost exp. It lowers the amount of EXp needed to gain a rank. To a point. All Exp is included after talking with him and if you are low enough in ranks to use him. After a set amount of exp or I should say char level, he no longer works. You can see this happen with stored exp. Or just make a new alt and be on breakthrough. Talk to him and get 3 ranks. Doesn't matter how you received the Exp. You still get the 3-4 ranks from breakthrough as a new alt. After so many ranks it is over tho =/ No idea where the cut off is.
Well, that's just friggin' perfect...

No sarcasm: this is EXACTLY what CL needed. :)
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"