Changes and Bug Fixes

Official proclamations from the gamemasters and message board admins.

Moderator: CL GMs

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Re: Changes and Bug Fixes

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:47 am

Slartibartfast wrote:v536

If you don't understand this feature, it probably doesn't apply to you.

New experimental (read: only lightly tested) feature for specialty weapons:

"/use /decay" on a specialty weapon (Gossamer, fell blade, bloodblade) will stop your character from "forgetting" their training in that weapon. "/use /decay" again to toggle back to the usual mode where your training in the blade decays with time. If you're subclassed in the subclass associated with the weapon, decay is already turned off by default and you can't switch back to decaying.
Turns out "/use ?" and "/use <anything else that isn't a current command>" also triggers this. Testing sucks. This will be fixed next update at the latest. Sorry about that.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:28 am

v542

I submitted some changes for the Puddleby Players, but unfortunately they didn't find their way into the world for this update. :(

Please accept my apologies. They'll be in for the next update.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:14 am

v551

* Broke healing.

* Work progressing on breaking bloodmages.

* Probably broke some assorted scripts and areas.

Yappy
CL GM
CL GM
Profession: GM
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Active

Post by Yappy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:05 am

V554

* The failure of my personal computer has slowed progress on some areas. (Fortunately I make frequent back ups so data loss was minimal.) Work resumes on these areas.

Pengy
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Pengy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:13 pm

v554

Zu farming for fun and profit. Fat Alice and friends have changed their business model. Fewer departs expected from EP. New entrance to and exit from Puddleby Island.

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:56 pm

v554

* New healing ability. If you're the scared type that doesn't like experimenting you can relax and ignore it for a bit, and I'll be giving a little more detail about how things work, and where they might go, after the pioneers get a chance to have their fun.

* People are requesting hints about how to "solve" Metzetli. I'm not one for hints, but I'll say this: The key isn't something lame or tricky that requires bumping a stone at midnight with a two llamas that have 50 mentus each. And there are still a lot of little things to find that Anyone, yes, that means You, could find in under an hour. Get exploring!

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:38 pm

v557

* Bloodmages. Remember to sleep. They really aren't that cool. Well, except that one thing. And that other thing. But the rest sucks.

* More feedback for asklepian and various bug fixes. It now heals healers regardless of if they're sharing with you. (Sorry to the folks that already hate them healing healers ever.)

* Slightly fewer annoying things on Metzetli Island.

* Hopefully more bug fixes than new bugs introduced.

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:44 pm

Preemptive v560 notes, assuming nothing goes horribly wrong:

* Asklepian and friend made significantly less sucky at higher levels of training.

* You'll now see a purple glow on yourself and the person healing you if they're using an asklepian to radius heal. No one else sees the glow (you're going crazy). Please let me know if this is helpful or distracting.

* Zo apparently have a knack for suggesting ideas that I reject, but then implement later on.

* A lot of bloodmage changes that no one will notice.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:17 am

v560

- I'm still working on the new island. So far, I've written two new AIs. Just like Murphy's Law indicates, the hard one was easy and the "easy one" was hard.

- I didn't get much else done. So, if you've /bug'ged something really bad, please email or PM me.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:49 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Preemptive v560 notes, assuming nothing goes horribly wrong:

* Asklepian and friend made significantly less sucky at higher levels of training.

* You'll now see a purple glow on yourself and the person healing you if they're using an asklepian to radius heal. No one else sees the glow (you're going crazy). Please let me know if this is helpful or distracting.

* Zo apparently have a knack for suggesting ideas that I reject, but then implement later on.

A lot of reports are leading me to believe most of my changes didn't make it in. I probably jinxed things by announcing them early. Next update should be a big one though.

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:37 am

Slartibartfast wrote:Preemptive v560 notes, assuming nothing goes horribly wrong:

Something went horribly wrong last update, but all these changes should be in for this update. In addition:

* Subclassed fighters should no longer receive any "subclass progress" messages, like blade flashes or learning from skinning creatures.

* Even more bloodmage fixes and tweaks.

* Experimenting with a change to pathfinding that should reduce some feelings of randomness associated with pathfinding. We'll need bug reports to know whether this worked or not.

Yappy
CL GM
CL GM
Profession: GM
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Active

Post by Yappy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:28 am

Yappy's V563

* New lanterns for some Ghorak Zo

* Minor bug fixes and area tweaks

* Work continues on new areas

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:36 pm

v566

* Fixed asklepian bug where healing two people sometimes resulted in 2x the spirit being drained.

* Lots of bloodmage changes.

* Befriending zu no longer fertilizes it.

* Rangers now keep their rodnus (and spirit) training when morphed.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:15 am

v566

* Lots of the stuff for the new place.

In either this update or the next, I fixed a bug which prevented a named item from being removed from a container that contained a more specifically named item. Ex: 'bottle' can now being removed even if a bandolier contains 'bottleofwater'. I just finished my testing yesterday, so I'm unsure if I made the deadline for the update last night.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:32 pm

v579

* Most of my work this past update has been behind the scenes. ServerGM and I have teamed up to upgrade the Account Portal and smooth over some of its rough edges. In particular, we hope to upgrade the PayPal payment module to a new system that should allow for real-time feedback of a credit card purchase. This'll allow us to easily accept credit cards and not just PayPal, as we do now. We're working with the PayPal folks (CC transactions still go through the PayPal system) to get all of our settings correct.

* Also, we've redone the encryption system and how it's stored in the database. This should now correct the error we've had of players not being able to use certain passwords. This part is already in place. Let me know if you find a password that still won't work.

* There are some other boring upgrades like log changes and the like, but that's even more boring than the above stuff.

* Welcome everyone to 2009! We'll shortly have a web site that'll actually be up to this age. Heh.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM