Changes and Bug Fixes

Official proclamations from the gamemasters and message board admins.

Moderator: CL GMs

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Re: Changes and Bug Fixes

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:01 am

v582

* Bug fix: Indulstones should now only work for healers who have trained a certain amount of horus (a moderately substantial amount). Let me know if this is true or not.

Everything else is secret.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:12 pm

v585

After lots of work by ServerGM and some by me, we finally finished the updates to the Account Portal. I rolled out the changes today. If things work out well, you shouldn't notice much change. We've incorporated security fixes, added better backend reporting, added better technology that'll hopefully prevent lost orders and be more reliable overall, and added the ability to process credit cards (again.) We also have PayPal Express for faster order handling. A recent change fixed the problem of some passwords not being accepted.

Other than this, I didn't do much this update. :)
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:31 am

v588

Due to a hitch in the way the applications were built, it's possible that some of you have ugly icons for your Clan Lord client. This has been corrected. It's only a cosmetic issue, but if it's bothersome, download the new client from the usual places. Sorry about that. We've disciplined the offending gerbil in charge of quality control.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:35 am

v588

* Lots of bug fixes. We've got a new bug tracking system. So we should be a bit better about fixing them.

* A whole lot of other new stuff. But it is all secret. Remember to /bug any problems. Especially anything you think might be abusable. Especially before you "test" it.

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:03 am

v615

* Poison is changing. The changes for this update:
- Awaria helps with recovery/resistance significantly
- Potions provide temporary partial immunity in addition to curing poison as they always have.
- Only real deaths cure poison.
- More changes are in the works

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:09 pm

v618

More poison changes:
*Ranks don't affect things as much as they used to. (People like healers, mystics, and lower ranked fighters should notice poison being quite a bit less severe. Others hopefully shouldn't notice much.)

*Tweaked algorithm to try to make poison rise quickly, stay painful for a while, then dissipate quickly.

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:05 pm

v621

* A few more poison changes. It should be slightly more severe than 618, and falling will no longer stop your poison from progressing.

Rangers with multiple studies should no longer have to /study to switch to a specific creature in order for their last hits to count. You should get credit for any creature you're currently studying. There are some known issues:

* You'll get spammed every for every last hit on any creature you're studying if you don't have enough Duvin to finish the study.
* Reflecting on the gossamer still only shows the first study in your queue.
* Reflecting on the belt of the wild still separates your studies into what you're actively studying and what you're "remembering", even though there isn't a distinction anymore.

Remember that you have to be more careful about what you study now, since whatever you start with /study you'll continue to learn even if you /study something else. Saving up Duvin for a rare creature will be a lot harder if you're study a lot of more common ones, since you'll end up learning those first.

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:34 am

v648

Specialty blades should now work as dueling blades if you have a dueling glove. This is just an experiment, let us know what you think about it. Edit: Looks like this only works for fell blades this update.

Everything else is super top double secret.

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:40 am

v687

I forgot to add this to the news. Clan Lord Team Fortress has an auto-balance feature now. If you die, and the opposing team has two or fewer team members, you'll get automatically swapped to the other team. (So for example, you have 8 players, they have 6, next person that dies on your team gets swapped to the other team.) You can always switch back, but this is a good reminder that the teams are getting unbalanced. It doesn't take into account player skill in the balancing, just number.

In other news, I'm apparently still learning English. Anyone want to tell me a better way to say that third sentence?

Everything else is being copied to CD-Rs and leaked to disreputable websites.

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:25 pm

What's not new in v762

Due to gerbil hiccups some icon and monster fixes didn't make it. They'll be in next update.