Changes and Bug Fixes

Official proclamations from the gamemasters and message board admins.

Moderator: CL GMs

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Changes and Bug Fixes

Post by Ann » Wed May 26, 2004 12:22 pm

This topic will hold messages about bug fixes and other changes we want to announce publicly.

Of course, lots of changes aren't announced in public (at least, not by the GMs). And lots of bug fixes are too small to bother announcing. And sometimes we'll just forget to write them here.

But hey, it's a start. :)

Ann
Last edited by Ann on Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Naughty River Crossings

Post by Eldon » Wed May 26, 2004 12:28 pm

I fixed a certain naughty river crossing. It seems to work well in testing, but nothing survives contact with users. :)

I'm still looking at the Acid Cobra sound. It's loud, but that's because the sound is loud. I really would welcome a sound artist's contribution in this area.

And, trees hanging in the grey area on GI are a "feature." Please don't /bug unless you just want to express your disapproval.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Ann » Wed May 26, 2004 2:45 pm

v339:

Some bard duets and trios were erroneously reporting an error about having too many notes in the chord. That's been fixed.

People who have gotten language ledgers, then lost them, can buy new ones from Pog Loyt.

Ann

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

v351

Post by Ann » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:23 pm

v351:

Here's some of what I've been working on, and some of what's been submitted to me by other GMs for inclusion in v351.

• The update crashes for users of the PPC, 68k, and fat clients have been fixed.

Any participants in the load tests of a few weeks ago who didn't get their rank(s) when they logged in this update will have them (with no special message) after the Chaos Storm on Wednesday.

If you're using the standard icon (either armed or unarmed), the new /options icon <armed, unarmed> command lets you change between those two choices.

Marfisa's new icon for males of the People will be available as a choice in the fairgrounds hut.

Female Ghorak Zo and "swashbuckler" Humans are properly described as wearing pants instead of shorts or skirts.

An existing low- to mid-level area has been expanded.

Some of the monsters way back in the OOB, mostly ones that aren't yet accessible or haven't yet been found, were adjusted slightly. There are some really nasty things brewing back there...

We've made significant progress on a scheme to make the "mirror quest" somewhat easier.
Ann

Pengy
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Pengy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:02 pm

v351

The Groar saga continues to unfold on KI. Chapter 2 is well underway.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:29 pm

v351

• Secret project turned over to party responsible for releasing it. It's ready this update.

Working on a small expansion of a high-level area. It's several updates away, though, at the least.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:14 pm

v371

• Portals no longer work in apartments. This is an OOC fix to the OOC issue of the way housing is implemented. A better IC solution will require more work. It's "on the list."

Worked on a new AI.

Started the detailed planning for a new project. My hope is that it'll be done this year. (But, I'm ever the optimist.) It won't be geared towards high-level exiles. Sorry. (Well, not really.) :)

An untamed, frozen land is still taunting exiles.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:32 am

v375

• Working on new project. The helpers are doing great! I'm amazed at the talent they have. I'm hoping for a due date of this year so don't get too anxious. 8)

Modified a few scripts. Nothing anyone would really notice.

Got dinged by AnnGM because one of my file names was greater than 31 characters. Pffft. Let's start a petition for longer file names! ;)

Wishing I had some artistic home interior decorating skills so that I could get the 10k prize. We need a "create the most silly creature" contest. Maybe then I'd have a shot.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Ann » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:50 pm

v375

• "Prime time" has gone away. That is, the frame rate won't slow down 18:00-21:00 Pacific time anymore. This is an experiment. The prime-time frame rate might go back down if it turns out to be a problem. Or the frame rate at other times of day might be increased a little too. We're keeping our options open.

There will be a brief period of downtime at the Chaos Storm between v373 and v375, for server maintenance. We expect a delay of one to two hours.

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Ann » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm

v412

When you have more than one identical copy of something, /dropping one will start with the unequipped ones. (Technically, the one you're holding gets unequipped and then immediately re-equipped. Most of the time it shouldn't make any difference, but some items might give extra messages or need their effects to be restarted because of it.)

Jayne Dougal and the Nimbletoes siblings have been fixed. They all have pictures and let you see what you're supposed to be identifying again.

Judder and tremolite really do exist, although they're undoubtedly not as exciting as all this hype has led people to believe. They're now somewhat more common, at least for a while.

Some significant changes have been made to Rangers. See the OOC forum for details.

We've tracked down the auto-update failures some people have been experiencing to a bug in OSX 10.4. We expect this underlying OS bug to be fixed in an upcoming system update, so until then auto-updates may continue to fail for some Tiger users, especially on slower connections. However, the v412 client copes more gracefully with the fallout from this bug, so if your download does succeed it should unpack and update properly now.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:55 pm

v412
  • - No Shieldstone tweaks were made this update. And, other than excluding some creatures, no change was ever made in how creatures were pushed.
    - Gungla Island still isn't fully explored. Yes, I'm taunting you.
    - Dramamine sold separately.
    - And, yes, there ARE new rugs this update. That's sort of funny, actually. Okay, not really.
    - Some other minor changes, mainly for making things easier for GMs. If it breaks anything, it's Pengy's fault.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:44 am

v414
  • - Puddleby's alchemists expect to make an announcement soon on a certain potion.
    - Explorers can now take certain pieces of the sea home with them.
    - And, no Zynx, I haven't done anything with the Rockodile armor. I've been busy. Taken a boat ride lately?
    - The ship waiting rooms should be free libraries now.
    - I taunt you a second time that there are still undiscovered areas on GI.
    - NPCs now clearly state that a ticket is one-way. Buy two tickets if this is an issue for you.
    - And, finally, while catapulting a Chicken is intriguing, I'm not that GM. Sorry.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Ann » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:33 pm

v414

Assorted fixes to the ships over the last two weeks culminate in the latest batch, which let you enter a waiting room without a ticket, acquire one while inside, and be put on the next boat just the same as if you'd had the ticket when you went in. (The ships were written back before /buy existed, much less /drop. Who says we don't plan ahead?)

Mystic GM has been working hard on lots of changes and additions, but he won't tell me what they are. Says they're all secret. Pah!

There's, um, something interesting to be found. Much more would be a spoiler. You'll like it, you'll hate it. So what else is new? ;)

Ann

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Ann » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:45 pm

v414+

A quick restart this afternoon fixed some bugs introduced into Untrainus in yesterday's Chaos Storm. A few other things affected by the same bug were also fixed.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Wed May 10, 2006 8:04 am

v441

A few more items for What's New:

* A grave matter has been laid to rest.

* A whole lotta less shaking is going on in a spidery cave.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM