march 9 server migration

Official proclamations from the gamemasters and message board admins.

Moderator: CL GMs

Vagile
Red Quill
Red Quill
Profession: Fighter and Healerer
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive

march 9 server migration

Post by Vagile » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Sometime on March 9 the server will migrate. Hopefully to warmer and more suitable climes. There will be IP DNS rerouting nonsense briefly. For a time there will be confusion and ungoodness but it will pass and things will be good again. It's possible that posts made on that day end up on the old server and will majikly not be on the new server. Mathematical projections indicate we will lose approx 183 posts by Largo but otherwise suffer no serious consequences. If you want to write something really important and serious on March 9 (like answering a question about PS3s and CRTs) it might be wise to wait a day or two.

Mind you, I don't know what the point of this forum is if I can't get a straight answer about PS3s and CRTs...
"Mikey, relax, smoke a bowl, let the anger inside escape." -- Stinkfist
"Don't listen to him Michael. Listen to more metal." -- Daimoth

Vagile
Red Quill
Red Quill
Profession: Fighter and Healerer
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive

Re: march 9 server migration

Post by Vagile » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:29 am

I was lied to about the dates.

It's all over with now.

Normality should return shortly.

I think the posting problems are voodoo related to the DNS changeover. If they aren't, I have no idea what to do about it. Everything else on the server (many other websites) are working fine.

Please don't email or PM me about posting problems. I'm aware of the issue. I'm not sure Yappy knows about it so please feel free to let him know as often as you want.
"Mikey, relax, smoke a bowl, let the anger inside escape." -- Stinkfist
"Don't listen to him Michael. Listen to more metal." -- Daimoth