v1000 Data loss

Official proclamations from the gamemasters and message board admins.

Moderator: CL GMs

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

v1000 Data loss

Post by Slartibartfast » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:42 am

Hey everyone,

As you've probably heard, we ran into a bug which resulted in us losing all v1000 data. We're looking to restore from the latest available data, which should be from January 25th, right before v1000. So essentially, it will be like v1000 never happened. :( We've been in "wacky Wednesday" mode since the v1003 update, but we anticipate we'll restore the data from the 25th this (Friday) evening.

It's very unlikely we'll be able to do anything to make up for the lost progress in a fair way. Right now we're looking at giving a very large experience bonus v1006, particularly large since one of the things we erased was any experience you got from the bump-and-rank npc quest (for technical reasons it's difficult to give it until the next update). We're also trying to figure out the right approach for the lost carnival shirts, there isn't a way for us to know who got one and who didn't, we're trying to figure out the most fair approach here, but rest assured we'll make the shirts available somehow.

As for everything else, hopefully the experience will help make up for other lost progress. We're very sorry for the problems. I'll try to hop on around 9:30 eastern time to answer questions and chat about compensation for the lost progress. (I'm not sure if this will be before or after we've restored the data from the 25th. Note we'll make it very clear in the news when this happens.)

You can read this page for the latest updates on this: http://deltatao.com/clanlord/news/new.html

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Re: v1000 Data loss

Post by Eldon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:55 am

If any of your account changes have been undone, please let me know by sending an email to eldongm (at) gmail.com Please let me know the original order number.

Again, we're sorry for the problems, but we're working hard to correct as many of the problems as we can find.

Eldon
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.