Moderators: Phineas, noivad

Athl
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Musician macro

Post by Athl » Sat May 28, 2011 5:03 am

This is only something I've been thinking about. I'm still fairly new and I haven't consulted anyone else before making this thread so if it's a stupid idea and completely impossible; please don't shoot me!

Let's say a character was created, for example called, "Town Musician", and he/she sat in a certain area of town 24/7 or as often as possible playing music that is being controlled by a macro. Exiles can decide to sit close by when they feel like some songs, request music and a group could surround the musician while preparing to leave and enjoy a song on part of their hunt.

The songs that the musician plays can be provided by all the different bards and exiles that have written music and wish to share it. When the song begins to play it can say who the song is by. Any instruments required to play the songs could also hopefully be funded by someone interested in making this possible.

I just think this would be really neat and add a lot of character to town. If there is some third party program used for playing music (I really don't know how it works) and it's impossible then I'll be quite devastated, heh.
"Athl has fallen to myrms in his pants."

Mjollnir
Noble
Profession: Healer/Alchemist
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Re: Musician macro

Post by Mjollnir » Sat May 28, 2011 5:14 am

I think Xepel had a jukebox macro that he used to leave on when he was afk in town

Although I don't know how the bards will feel about having their music available without them :P
A good pun is its own reword

Athl
Exile

Post by Athl » Sat May 28, 2011 5:29 am

Mjollnir wrote:
Although I don't know how the bards will feel about having their music available without them :P
I thought about this because of all the Stora controversy, oh well just an idea.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer

Post by Lorikeet » Sat May 28, 2011 7:43 am

I think it's been brought up before, and the Bards really preferred to have a Bard play music. Maybe you can entice Guinness :D

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard

Post by xepel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:52 pm

Mjollnir wrote:I think Xepel had a jukebox macro that he used to leave on when he was afk in town
Yep, I did write a jukebox macro (playing my own songs, of course), but it was mostly just for fun and when I was at least still at my computer. I don't think I'd ever use it again, though.

I don't think the Bard Guild would allow such an NPC or bot to exist. (Were it a player-created bot that somehow was already a bard, I'd revoke it's guild status as Bard Master such that it could not continue to play.) Want music? Encourage bards! ;)
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Athl
Exile

Post by Athl » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:08 pm

xepel wrote:
Mjollnir wrote:Want music? Encourage bards! ;)
Guinness is the only exile I've ever seen around town offering to play music or already doing so.
I guess if I knew who some other Bards were; maybe I would ask if they had time to play any music. Scrap this whole idea though as I thought this would probably be the case.

Ojesi
Exile
Profession: Fighter...

Post by Ojesi » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 pm

Athl wrote:
xepel wrote:
Mjollnir wrote:Want music? Encourage bards! ;)
Guinness is the only exile I've ever seen around town offering to play music or already doing so.
I guess if I knew who some other Bards were; maybe I would ask if they had time to play any music. Scrap this whole idea though as I thought this would probably be the case.

Organize an event and include bards ;-) Ask them personally, invite them and they'll/we'll come ;-)
When you're able to read this you should move a bit further away from the screen ;-)

Guinness
Exile
Profession: Pied Piper

Post by Guinness » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:32 pm

Lorikeet wrote:I think it's been brought up before, and the Bards really preferred to have a Bard play music. Maybe you can entice Guinness :D
I'll play music for smiles :lol: Maybe a backrub?
Ojesi wrote:Organize an event and include bards ;-) Ask them personally, invite them and they'll/we'll come ;-)
Currently there is: Puddleby Idol, that I hope will happen soon - we need more bards to sign up to play.

But I think Athl was hoping for more something more consistent. Aside from more bards being around I don't think there's a whole lot one can do about the day to day stuff. Encourage us to come out more? Even just asking us to play, it is nice to be sought after. :)
Grank exclaims, "Oh my, a ferocious Scavenger Bird!"

Athl
Exile

Post by Athl » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Is there an updated list of current bards anywhere? I did a quick google search and found this but I'm not sure if it's recent.

Gremlins
Fenix Fire
Fenix Fire
Profession: Fallen
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Gremlins » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:23 am

Athl wrote:Is there an updated list of current bards anywhere? I did a quick google search and found this but I'm not sure if it's recent.
Last modification date is about 6 months ago. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't accurate already then (isn't Ojesi a bard now for example ?)
Chum wrote:Do not attempt to apply logic to matters regarding Clan Lord; it'll just drive you nuts... ;)

Guinness
Exile
Profession: Pied Piper

Post by Guinness » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:49 am

Tho it says it was updated 6 months ago, Xepel isn't listed as a Bard Master and the most recent update of the bards was Annset as a questor in 2005.

I'd say this site has been loooong forgotten.

From keeping my eyes open, I've found there to be about 5 bards other than myself who have been around in the past few months.
Grank exclaims, "Oh my, a ferocious Scavenger Bird!"

Athl
Exile

Post by Athl » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:46 am

I didn't think it was updated recently even though it said it had been I couldn't even find Guinness on it.
So how's about that list then, anyone? :p

Talin
Noble
Profession: Healer

Post by Talin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:17 pm

xepel wrote: I don't think the Bard Guild would allow such an NPC or bot to exist. (Were it a player-created bot that somehow was already a bard, I'd revoke it's guild status as Bard Master such that it could not continue to play.) Want music? Encourage bards! ;)
Please let me know how to encourage Coriakin, Perki, Prae, Laiy, Kasa, Baraboo, Dr Malthus, Fantasia, Sareth, and many others. So that I can hear their music again.

Good thing some songs are available without the bards being present. iPod > Xepel