Moderators: Coriakin, Xel, Phineas, Perkusi, xepel, Rakshasa

Sareth
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Old music archives?

Post by Sareth » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:07 am

I did a small impromptu concert in TC the other day, playing music I had stored in my music folders, and discovered I was missing some songs I remember having composed long, long ago (such as "Running the Passes, the song that I played to win full bard status.) I recall there used to be some archives where people put their music for public access. Does anyone know if those still exist, and where they might be?

Also, I'm missing the words to a couple songs I wrote, I'm wondering if anyone knows where I might find those words as well.

Ayelwen
Exile
Profession: Chainer
Race: Fen'neko

Re: Old music archives?

Post by Ayelwen » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:49 am

This is one of the main ones that I know about:

http://rakster.puddleby.info/

Aldernon
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Aldernon » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:00 am

Sareth wrote:I did a small impromptu concert in TC the other day, playing music I had stored in my music folders, and discovered I was missing some songs I remember having composed long, long ago (such as "Running the Passes, the song that I played to win full bard status.) I recall there used to be some archives where people put their music for public access. Does anyone know if those still exist, and where they might be?

Also, I'm missing the words to a couple songs I wrote, I'm wondering if anyone knows where I might find those words as well.
I was just thinking...if you ever sang one of those songs around me, I have MANY text logs from ages ago....I can begin searching...but It's prolly not a high priority.
-Ald

"Applying epistemological transformations to dismiss information that isn't presently convenient to you is the reason people distrust self-professed intellectuals: because it's bullshit." -Skirwan

Sareth
Exile

Post by Sareth » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Thanks Ayelwin! Unfortunately, none of my stuff is in there. But it's still a cool resource! Some awesome pieces by some awesome bards in there.

Ald: That's a LOT of searching dude. Don't stress yourself about it.

Ayelwen
Exile
Profession: Chainer
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Ayelwen » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:59 pm

*doesnt bother correcting sareth's typo*

Xel
Noble

Post by Xel » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:41 pm

There's a fine Fen in the Bard Tower who has some archived music - Whether any songs you're talking about are held in her library, I don't know, but it's worth a look. And if you haven't, it might be worth parking your music there for the worlds enjoyment.

Did you know we have Music Folders as an item now? :D
"Barrin taught me that the hardest lessons to grasp are the ones you've already learned."

Sareth
Exile

Post by Sareth » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:40 pm

I may be an old sylvan, but I was around when the folders were first implimented. Which is the only reason I have *any* of my music! ^_^

Thanks Xel! I'll take a look!

Sorry about the typo there, Ayelwen. If it's not in the much more attractive sylvan script, then spelling things correctly seems to hardly be worth the effort. :lol:

Phineas
Red Quill
Red Quill

Post by Phineas » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:27 am

Another good source of old bard music:

http://www.donaldsonworkshop.com/coriakin/

EDIT: Hm, I thought that Cori had samples of other bard's music. Ah well.