Froudalou
Fresh off the Boat
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Noobery!

Post by Froudalou » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:28 am

Ahoy, esteemed bards!
I'm new. I'm in the process of getting some music together. I am of course following along with Baraboo's notation guide, but I could swear I saw a scroll somewhere that described how to split a song into parts (I'm hoping that means a chord section and a melody section, or the like; that would be super convenient.)
Am I making this up? Does anyone know where I might have seen this information? Am I just completely wrong?

Ayella
E'las Loth'mon Ferindril
Profession: Pain in the Butt
Player Status: Active

Re: Noobery!

Post by Ayella » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:10 am

'Parts' generally refers to breaking it into sections to be played in Clan Lord, as each section is entered behind the command /part.

Coriakin has a wonderful guide to writing and writing in Clan Lord itself, and you can find it here: http://www.donaldsonworkshop.com/coriakin/

Happy writing!
With unabashed glee,
She'd make poor men ponder: "F'nord."

Froudalou
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Froudalou » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:11 am

Ayella! The very exile whose music got me interested in barding! =)

Thanks; I just got the same scoop from someone in the lands. Blast, that would have made composing a lot easier. =/ Ah well.

Froudalou
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Froudalou » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:31 pm

Bumping this topic rather than creating a new one: If any bards see me in the lands, I need some feedback on my music so I can get ready to audition! I have a gitor that I can't use and that's got to change! =D

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard

Post by xepel » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:51 pm

Froudalou wrote:Bumping this topic rather than creating a new one: If any bards see me in the lands, I need some feedback on my music so I can get ready to audition! I have a gitor that I can't use and that's got to change! =D
If you don't see me in the lands, you can also send me a PM and I'll see if I can get some feedback back to you!
Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

Coriakin
Red Quill
Red Quill
Profession: Bard
Race: Thoom

Post by Coriakin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:11 pm

Unfortunately, that page of mine talking about /part is out of date. You don't need to worry about where you divide the song up anymore; you can divide it up every 450 or 490 characters or whatever.

Oops, wait, I might not be reading you correctly. Are you talking about pulling a song apart, separating the melody and harmony? The only way I know of to do that is by hand, but doing so lets you turn a solo tune into a duet. You can find some information on that on my site (linked by Ayella), talking about the command "/with".