Missing Halfling

Current Investigations. Report events in a crime or other event.

Moderators: Sheriff, The Deputies, The Deputized

Shakyamuni
Open Hands
Profession: Healer/Alchemist
Race: Halfling
Player Status: Active

Missing Halfling

Post by Shakyamuni » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:24 am

The Halfling known as Algernon has been missing for several zodiacs. When this deputy investigated at the Puddleby Home, there was no answer at the door. There was a note saying they were gone looking, but didn't saw what they were looking for.

If anyone has any information, please report it to the sheriff, or one of the deputies, or report it here
Husband to Drablak and Nettle - Brother to Algy and Juren

Shakyamuni
Open Hands
Race: Halfling

Post by Shakyamuni » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:53 am

I still have no information regarding the location, or disappearance of Algernon.

Any information or ideas would be appreciated.
Husband to Drablak and Nettle - Brother to Algy and Juren

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf

Post by Fundin » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm

Shakyamuni wrote:I still have no information regarding the location, or disappearance of Algernon.

Any information or ideas would be appreciated.
Aww, this is sad hes been gone a while.

OOC is there an issue with Algy we don't know about?
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Whim
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Whim » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:09 pm

Maybe the Orga took him, and he has been feeding them info about the altar.. Unintentionally of course...

Frog
Exile

Post by Frog » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:07 pm

Maybe he had a massive heart attack :(
Zynx wrote:So he is better than me at something. :(

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:52 am

Looks like he was ruled out of the game. Shame really. If he were available in TC I wonder if more people might come out of the library even just to coin. Get enough coiners hanging close to TC and you're halfway to a party.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Fundin » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:38 am

Cinnamon wrote:Looks like he was ruled out of the game. Shame really. If he were available in TC I wonder if more people might come out of the library even just to coin. Get enough coiners hanging close to TC and you're halfway to a party.
Hes just needef full stop at low clanning times with no healers on we need algy. I often log on see someone dead in tc then log off to get my healer out, heal them log back off then log my fighter on again. Really, there needs to be Algy back iin town please, or at least tell us why hes gone.

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Fundin » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:51 am

And once again today i have to get my healer out for someone who is dead because Algy is not on.

This isn't good, witha low population people need to be able to play, pulling Algy (without a reason) means clanners at low pop times have even less reason to bother as we are wholly reliant on swithing alts to help each other.

Before long you wont have a Euro daytime playerbase. I was only one on today and whe i left there were 3, please bring back Algy, he helps people, espcially new players to be able to do things when there aren't many on, and as things are thats quite often.

If abuse is the isue, put him somewhere he can't be moved out of, like a house or something, or at least tell us why hes gone, Arindal can work a 'bot' why can't CL?

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:08 am

Gee, if only there was some device in town to help with this. You know, something to remove the meta-gaming. Something to remove the need for an exception to the 'bot rule that a few find so offencive.

Someone should make a suggestion or something.

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Fundin » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:01 pm

Oh, and the person fell to 1 DV in TC, now to have to depart for that coz we have no healer around sucks, hugely, shall i go on :)

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:10 pm

No need to go on. you've made your point, but Algy healing set a bad precedent. You can't have a "no botting" rule and GMs messing with people who did bot the exact same thing as Algy, and not be a hypocrite.

Also, Healers would be in town waiting for someone to heal and exiles would just run up to him and get their heal. That royally sucked for the town healers because they wouldn't get a share. Sure you could say "then they should join a hunt, " but that's not always possible.

The ONLY way I'd accept Algy being brought back, would be an an NPC that only healed someone when there was no healer in the snell (TC) for more than 5 minutes. He could still do his cute counting and pet Amster, but he would NOT be sharable, and he'd be extremely slow and/or stopped healing people once they were raised.

But I'm not the one in charge. so maybe you could pressure Joe or the Lead GM to change their mind.

Mjollnir
Noble
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Mjollnir » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:46 pm

Personally id rather have Algy than some soulless NPC, at least Algy could learn new things and new responces to different events if only at an incredably show rate when his owner could be bothered.

As a healer (and I was frequently a town healer) I didnt begrudge Algy, if people ran straight up to him ignoring me I took it as a sign that they needed to be taught proper ettiqutte and all it took for most of them was a gentle reminder.

So what if allowing Algy but stopping all other bots is hypocritical? The game was better off with him, he healed people when it was needed and RPed a damn site better than quite a lot of characters even if it was just scripted responces.

But all this is academic anyway, Algy is not the proprty of DT (well no more than any other character), he was owned and run by a private player who decided to stop bringing him out for whatever reason, it's up to him, not us and not DT to bring him back.
A good pun is its own reword

Mjollnir
Noble
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Mjollnir » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:49 pm

Exactly what is people's problem with Algy anyway?
Is he stealing experience from hard working healers?
Is it just because hes a scripted bot and that somehow detracts from your fun?

Please answer in words of no more than three sylables and write on one side of the paper only.
A good pun is its own reword

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:42 am

noivad wrote:No need to go on. you've made your point, but Algy healing set a bad precedent. You can't have a "no botting" rule and GMs messing with people who did bot the exact same thing as Algy, and not be a hypocrite.
What's the difference between Algernon and an NPC? Ownership. Transfer ownership. Remove the /share Algernon necessity. Problem solved.
Also, Healers would be in town waiting for someone to heal and exiles would just run up to him and get their heal. That royally sucked for the town healers because they wouldn't get a share. Sure you could say "then they should join a hunt, " but that's not always possible.
Those Healers are either getting shares or not getting shares based on the reality of the fallen. If the fallen has an open share slot, then they have the discression to give it out as they please. See above about removing Algy from the share equation. 9/10 times, the town Healer loses the share when the fallen returns to their hunting party and re-sets the circle share.
The ONLY way I'd accept Algy being brought back, would be an an NPC that only healed someone when there was no healer in the snell (TC) for more than 5 minutes. He could still do his cute counting and pet Amster, but he would NOT be sharable, and he'd be extremely slow and/or stopped healing people once they were raised.
Sounds good to me.
But I'm not the one in charge. so maybe you could pressure Joe or the Lead GM to change their mind.
Every 3 months we'll try again. See you in November.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:45 am

Mjollnir wrote:Exactly what is people's problem with Algy anyway?
He's the exception to the No Bot rule. Kind of like the annual $80 is the exception to the $10/month rule. Available to all.
Is he stealing experience from hard working healers?
Nope, he's stealing xp from lazy town healers.
Is it just because hes a scripted bot and that somehow detracts from your fun?
That's what some people say. Yet the same people make dropping him in a lava pit their fun. So it sounds like Algy is fun for all, even those who claim he's not fun.
Please answer in words of no more than three sylables and write on one side of the paper only.
Heh. K.