Murder: Kinon

Current Investigations. Report events in a crime or other event.

Moderators: Sheriff, The Deputies, The Deputized

Should Kinon still be afforded heals from Healers appauled by his Felony?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 18

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Murder: Kinon

Post by noivad » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:37 am

Kinon Murdered Boo Boo Kitty who was asked by him to come help heal in the arena. As it is known healers will often go to the arena to clean up the mess fighters make there. But the common law is that killing a healer there without their permission, that is not part of the contest is verboten.

There were plenty of witnesses and this case has gone to court and Kinon has been convicted.

Sheriff's recommendation: Any healer that sees fit not to heal him should not be given BK by others for refusing to heal him.

Lassair
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Lassair » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:17 pm

He's one of two people in Puddleby that I simply refuse to heal. I will call on other healers for them (avoiding bk bombing), but I will not heal them.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:00 am

Nobody can tell anyone who to heal and who to karma. These are individual rights. I'll heal who I heal and karma who I karma. That being said, Cena & Chaykim & alts are asshats and can go play dodgecar on the interstate.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Chaykim
Exile

Re: Murder: Kinon

Post by Chaykim » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:01 am

noivad wrote:Kinon Murdered Boo Boo Kitty who was asked by him to come help heal in the arena. As it is known healers will often go to the arena to clean up the mess fighters make there. But the common law is that killing a healer there without their permission, that is not part of the contest is verboten.

There were plenty of witnesses and this case has gone to court and Kinon has been convicted.

Sheriff's recommendation: Any healer that sees fit not to heal him should not be given BK by others for refusing to heal him.

It was a very unfair trial as I was away from my computer for almost all of the trial. I hit Boo Boo in the Arena when 'scaring' Ratchet in the Arena with a Bloodblade (Kinon is a second circle fighter and cannot train in the BB anyway) She got caught in the 'cross fire' (Ratchet running) and fell... I think if you don't want to get attacked in the Arena, use the safebox there and don't enter the area where you can actually fight. Let the Fighters clean up there own mess and push or chain out the fallens. There will always be accidental blows in the Arena, there's no fixing that. People get killed there all the time, even Healers.
Currently involved in the endless search for nothing.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:19 am

So what happened after BooBoo got killed? Didn't Kinon/Chay get her raised immediately, chain her to town?

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:03 am

This poll should be irrelevant. Healers should heal whoever they want to heal, and not heal those they don't want to heal. We had another discussion about this recently on the right to refuse service http://www.vagilemind.com/clanlord/viewtopic.php?t=2596 and the poll is now 97% in favor of this view. If you want to ask if an individual wants to heal a particular person or not, that makes more sense.

Delirium
Winds of Dawn
Winds of Dawn

Post by Delirium » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:41 pm

I'm with Lorikeet on this one. In fact, I will go a little further - I think polls like this are a bad idea. I'd worry that someone would use a poll like this as an excuse to BK bomb an unsuspecting healer who did heal Kinon. It's up to individual healers to decide who they will and won't heal.

Also, ther have been MANY other cases like this over the years. I'm not particularly fond of the arena to begin with. Consequently, I make it a policy not to go to the arena just to heal people.

noivad
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:52 pm

If you want to ask if an individual wants to heal a particular person or not, that makes more sense.

I kind of thought that's what the poll asked? BTW, this is a separate incident than the one in the other thread, and shouldn't be confused with this trying to be a continuation of that thread. I file case reports when someone reports a crime to me they'd like on the record for all to see. Anyone is free to file a case report, or ask me to file one. (see below about the poll attached.

I'd worry that someone would use a poll like this as an excuse to BK bomb an unsuspecting healer who did heal Kinon.

This is an opinion poll, separate from the actual case report recommendation (though it's tied to it in organization). Perhaps I should have made that clear and not mixed the two together, and for that I apologize. If someone were to use this recommendation to BK a healer who still healed anyone, then they'd completely miss the point.

I just like making opinion polls to get feedback from the community about social events of note.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:06 pm

noivad wrote:
If you want to ask if an individual wants to heal a particular person or not, that makes more sense.

I kind of thought that's what the poll asked?

Your poll asks, "Should Kinon still be afforded heals from Healers appauled [sic] by his Felony?" It does not ask something like "Will you, as a healer heal this person?"

Your question asks others to vote whether or not a healer who doesn't like what someone did should still heal that person. I'm saying that is not a proper item for a poll. If you want to know how the community healers feel about healing a particular person, then it should say that. As it stands now, you are asking for an opinion as to whether a healer "should" heal someone, and I believe that is a choice best left up to the individual healer. That was my point. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Pun'isher
Exile

Re: Murder: Kinon

Post by Pun'isher » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:30 pm

Chaykim wrote:
noivad wrote:Kinon Murdered Boo Boo Kitty who was asked by him to come help heal in the arena. As it is known healers will often go to the arena to clean up the mess fighters make there. But the common law is that killing a healer there without their permission, that is not part of the contest is verboten.

It was a very unfair trial as I was away from my computer for almost all of the trial. I hit Boo Boo in the Arena when 'scaring' Ratchet in the Arena with a Bloodblade (Kinon is a second circle fighter and cannot train in the BB anyway) She got caught in the 'cross fire' (Ratchet running) and fell... I think if you don't want to get attacked in the Arena, use the safebox there and don't enter the area where you can actually fight. Let the Fighters clean up there own mess and push or chain out the fallens. There will always be accidental blows in the Arena, there's no fixing that. People get killed there all the time, even Healers.

I spoke with BBK extensively about this.... She feels that if it was truly an accident then Kinon would not have run off to the observation area and laughed. Kinon was tried in the courts and convicted by a large jury of his peers. One thing to note is that BBK firmly believes Kinon intentionally slept to avoid facing the trial. She thinks if an exile is going to be badass enough to slaughter a healer, they should have the "cojones" to stand trial and testify. It was interesting that Kinon seemed to miraculously come out of sleep after she called him a coward and bawked. She even went to the jail to talk to Kinon about the incident and he still would not admit his guilt. She pointed out that she has always been helpful to all exiles and he was just wrong to do it. To this, he was still wallowing in denial and I don't mean the river.

For BBK, the incident is over. However, her trust in Kinon is gone and she will be very hesitant to answer his calls for help. For every negative action there are consequences or repercussions. I think many of Kinon's actions are viewed as reprehensible and if a healer chooses to not heal as a consequence that healer should not be bked and he should not whine about it. He made his bed... let him lie in it.

He has done other vile acts like pieing poor BBK as she was in labor giving birth to her twins Figwit and Wigfit. For that offense of tampering with a new mother in her delivery, she considered taking him to court but gave him the benefit of the doubt as she was basking in the glow of motherhood.

This rather atypical long message from me is in response to Kinon's ridiculous explanation on the murder and his *ahem* being away from the computer...yeah right....

Your pal,
Pun
Pun'isher - Laughing Academy: We're not laughing with you...
Skirwan wrote:If you can do a Zo Batman icon, Hoggle is fired and you get his desk.
I support Chicken-Catcha-Glory in a light tomato sauce.

Pun'isher
Exile

Post by Pun'isher » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:31 pm

Cinnamon wrote:So what happened after BooBoo got killed? Didn't Kinon/Chay get her raised immediately, chain her to town?

No. He did not chain her nor call for help.
Pun'isher - Laughing Academy: We're not laughing with you...
Skirwan wrote:If you can do a Zo Batman icon, Hoggle is fired and you get his desk.
I support Chicken-Catcha-Glory in a light tomato sauce.

Frog
Exile

Post by Frog » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:00 pm

the best you can do with douches like him is remember his characters and stay the fuck away from them
Zynx wrote:So he is better than me at something. :(

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:13 am

True, Frog. True.

That and out them publically so others can know and noobs are warned.

Chaykim
Exile

Post by Chaykim » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:10 am

Frog wrote:the best you can do with douches like him is remember his characters and stay the fuck away from them

I actually agree with this (Minus the profanity). If you don't like me, stay away, I would recommend /ignore, don't start trouble though as it isn't fun for anyone.
Currently involved in the endless search for nothing.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:41 am

Chaykim wrote:
Frog wrote:the best you can do with douches like him is remember his characters and stay the fuck away from them

I actually agree with this (Minus the profanity). If you don't like me, stay away, I would recommend /ignore, don't start trouble though as it isn't fun for anyone.

If it isn't fun for anyone, why do you start trouble? :roll: