Idea: Clan based boons

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

TreeBeard
Exile

Idea: Clan based boons

Post by TreeBeard » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:18 pm

The idea is simple, it's been used in other games but we can make it custom for clanlord..

If you're in a clan, you can have clan coin sinks somewhere.. maybe roaming npcs, or fixed ones in tough spots.

Everyone in the area when the donation is made by a clan gets the boon which could be bonus to detha/ increased skea/ maybe even experience bonus.
variables to increase this effect: coins, and number of clan members online.
Also if you dont wanna use coins, why not stones/logs/ other stuff like that
This way nonmembers can donate to the clan to make the boon larger, and it brings prestige to the clan if they have large turnouts and bigger bonuses.

The game is called clanlord, so why not give us a chance to be proud of our clans in more tangible ways?
unoffensive quote here

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: Idea: Clan based boons

Post by Daimoth » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:15 am

There's only one real clan these days. We may as well start using "neko no kessha" in place of the word "clan". While there could definitely be more as there are other consistent hunting groups, people don't care enough to lose their little /info blurb
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Killian
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Re: Idea: Clan based boons

Post by Killian » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:14 pm

Sounds great to me. We would not be restricted to what clan / NPC we donated to tho would we? Say I want to help out Daimoth by donating to his NPC when I see it. I want that to be an option.
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.