Healer Pet Recommendations

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Astraea
Fresh off the Boat
Profession: Fighter
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Healer Pet Recommendations

Post by Astraea » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:43 pm

Clearing the northern plains with my foxweir is alot of fun already....but I thought up a few things that would make pets even more fun and useful in the field..

1) ability to /action for our pets or emote somehow, making different noises etc. increase roleplay possibilities/fun stuff

2) Additional Pet Storage (purchasable) Why not add an extra storage slot or two in the kennel for Pets we'd like to save and not worry about losing.

3) a Pet Backpack that takes up multiple packspaces. It can hold our pet(primary pet) while in the field. Sending our pets to the stables and having to retrieve them there always is tedious... And pets would actually be most useful to take out of your pack when you are trapped or in danger...

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Re: Healer Pet Recommendations

Post by Fundin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:09 pm

All nice ideas, like having extra space via my pet :)
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Astraea
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Astraea » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Fundin wrote:All nice ideas, like having extra space via my pet :)
While I agree that it would be nice to increase packspace by letting your pet out of your pack.....
I don't think it would be fair I guess. The pet backpack would occupy multiple packspaces whether or not your pet is on your person.
Having access to our pets while in the field is a huge advantage, and I think a fair tradeoff would be 2-3 packspaces.

Someone told me it wouldn't be realistic with a massive pet, but I can already carry 32 gigantic beds in my pack, so I'm not sure why I couldn't carry one pet.

If it sounds too overpowered...it could be implemented so that no healer can put their pet back into their backpack..and only be able to remove it from the pack.
Going to the stables would be required to place your pet in your backpack...

Gloria
Noble
Profession: Spiritual Advisor
Race: Halfling

Post by Gloria » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Astraea wrote:Clearing the northern plains with my foxweir is alot of fun already....but I thought up a few things that would make pets even more fun and useful in the field..

1) ability to /action for our pets or emote somehow, making different noises etc. increase roleplay possibilities/fun stuff
This is already available using /narrate, as long as your pet doesn't share a name with an exile in the lands.
Aye'cha wrote:I'm not pulling a Gloria here

Hoggle
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf

Post by Hoggle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:48 pm

I'd like to see the coliseum opened up to pets, as well as the kill challenges. Does the fighter challenge thing already work? When the pet gets the last hit, is it also equivalent to the healer getting the last hit?

Some random pet challenges found in the stable would be nice as well.

I also think a fully leveled pet(level 4?) should give experience randomly from stuff they get kills from. What is the slaughter level on a fully leveled pet anyways?

On a side note, the next time you are in Iceton be sure to check out the north landing. They have an Iditarod they hold up there. The entry fee might be rough, but the prizes... oooh the prizes...

Frenzymac
Exile
Profession: Healer

Post by Frenzymac » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:22 am

Hoggle wrote:Does the fighter challenge thing already work? When the pet gets the last hit, is it also equivalent to the healer getting the last hit?
Sadly not, tryed with the feral challenge.

Astraea
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Astraea » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:37 pm

I'd also like to add one more!

4) Pet's can be "left behind" if the owner crosses snells while the pet is dead, or if the owner crosses snells while the pet was commanded to "stay".

This makes sense but I think can create some frustration. I think it would work better if instead of immediately losing your pet wherever you are (requiring a return to stables to retrieve the pet) a timer would initiate instead. Maybe 5 minutes tops? This would allow me to have my pet wait for me while I entered a snell to chain folks out of.... I could also leave my dead pet in a snell so I could retreat, heal up, and return to the previous snell to raise my pet.

Astraea
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Astraea » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:23 am

5) Ability to Pull/Push your pet (preferably even across snells)
I got stuck the other day on Cloud trying to get into the safe glen because frosty got in front of me somehow. So he was just blocking the way while I took a bunch of hits from behind. By the time I was low yellow I had to say "Go home" as there was no other option except for dying. If I could push him, pull him, whatever, it would have made it alot more realistic and fun!

6) I wish I could use salves or potions on my pet. It'd also be nice to see how badly fallen he was when trying to heal him.