Healer Abilities: Healers and Undines

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Should there be an ability between Healers and Undines?

Yes.
67%
No.
8%
Maybe/I don't know.
25%

Total votes: 12

Gloria
Noble
Profession: Spiritual Advisor
Race: Halfling
Player Status: Active

Healer Abilities: Healers and Undines

Post by Gloria » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:18 pm

I want to make a general suggestion that healer abilities be added that give healers more power over or resistance to Undines. I'm not really sure about specific abilities. This is something I've seen in other RPG that would seem to be ic in CL and would make being a healer more engaging.

Perhaps several innate and minor abilities could be tied to the healer's training with Sprite and/or Master Spirtus because it makes sense that healers with a stronger spirit can better confront Undines.

I don't think I would favour more trainers or making the abilities based on new items. New items clutter packs, and more trainers means more ranks. I would be ok if they were based on old items like the moonstone or cad.

Here are some ideas to get the discussion started. Please share your own ideas:

a. Healers have an increased Detha (against Undines only) maybe tied to Sprite/Spirtus.

b. Healers could target one Undine and make it flee for a short time. The strength of the monster affected could be based on Sprite/Spirtus, or maybe part of the spirit pool could be expended (Sespus).

c. Healers could use healing tools to injure Undines. This is outside the healer role of not attacking monsters, so it may not be viable.
Aye'cha wrote:I'm not pulling a Gloria here

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Re: Healer Abilities: Healers and Undines

Post by Daimoth » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:04 pm

I said yes, even though I don't personally like abilities that are only useful vs a certain percent of the monster population (especially if people are expected to invest ranks in it). Healers should get something somewhat combative though, or at least protective.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Mjollnir
Noble
Profession: Healer/Alchemist
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Mjollnir » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:17 pm

I'm always slightly on the fence with regards to the healer vs undine thing, one the one hand more abilities for healers is a good thing (although my preference tends towards active rather than passive abilities, more detha against undead is generally of very little value IMO as healers are not required to be taking hits from them) but it puts pressure on the GMs to favour creating undead filled areas in order to keep the skill useful/appease players, if they give into that too much it kills the variety of the game if they don't it makes the abilities worthless.
A good pun is its own reword

Borzon
Arilon Legacy
Arilon Legacy
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Borzon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:39 am

How about the selfheal ring works as some kind of schieldstone like thing for undine.

With Smaller radius of course.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:53 am

One of the best ideas that will never happen.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Hoggle
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf

Post by Hoggle » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:58 pm

Healers need something like this for the feast of tsrrin. From what I hear, being a healer during the feast when all the fighters keep running back and forth dying on purpose or on accident really sucks. The healers are regulated to staying inside the lib or sleeping in it.

There needs to be some wandering witch who will exchange feast candies for this undine harming stone. It could just have the power to paralyze the zombie exiles. Then it just shatters after the feast ends, or maybe it just works vs undine like gloria has detailed.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Daimoth » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:55 pm

Healers need to get exp messages every time they raise someone during the feast. And if they raise a super fallen person before they turn zombie they get more exp.

Yeah there will be a lot of exp farming but it's one day, and it'd definitely keep the holiday going.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Agoob
Fresh off the Boat
Profession: Champion
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Agoob » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:24 am

Daimoth wrote:Healers need to get exp messages every time they raise someone during the feast. And if they raise a super fallen person before they turn zombie they get more exp.

Yeah there will be a lot of exp farming but it's one day, and it'd definitely keep the holiday going.
Healer zombies should have an anti-heal ability against living exiles during the feast.

Sproutfoot
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Profession: Botanist
Race: Halfling

Post by Sproutfoot » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:32 am

Daimoth wrote:Healers need to get exp messages every time they raise someone during the feast. And if they raise a super fallen person before they turn zombie they get more exp.

I don't think many sane people would have issue with healers getting a short spike of XP gain.

Bonus points for enabling JMs to effect undine during the feast for XP*. :wink:
(Something more than acting as crack suicide squad)

*Mayhaps cause mystics who are "turned" to retain control over themselves and possess the undines strength until killed.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer

Post by Lorikeet » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:41 am

Whoa, I might play then. ;)