Submitting Monster Experience /bugs

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Trowl
Exile
Profession: Rangerishness
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Submitting Monster Experience /bugs

Post by Trowl » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:04 pm

going to make this really clear, and maybe someone can sticky this:
This is a bad report: Sortoise give bad exp
This is an ok report: Sortoise give bad exp compared to Reedcats

This is what I submit when I'm feeling wordy: notes on Estuary Exp: Sortoise Should be upped, or reedcats shoudl be lowered, as reedcat currently gives more exp than a sortoise. Reeds are high DPS so are the brick friendly monster, and sortoise are high damage, low swingrate, and therefore are the rod friendly monster. Sor are: Harder to hit, hit harder, harder to brick, and have more health.

Can everyone see the difference?

And yes, I know there's frivolous stuff in the third one, but it's the closest to what they WANT to see.
I highly doubt that GMs actually play all that much with us, so they probably have less of an understanding of why things are hard. I could be completely wrong, But whenever a GM "takes a vacation" I don't notice any of my regulars also taking a break.
edit:thanks for sticky
reckinyards: Never working on healers is all the rage...
Stinkfist: That's just what a GM would say. Face it you are a sock puppet for all the GMs and everyone knows it.

Sonny_Bill
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Re: Submitting Monster Experience /bugs

Post by Sonny_Bill » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:45 pm

In my opinion a lot of this depends on your playing style as well. For example I think panthers are really easy to kill (only 2 hits) but slugs are really difficult because they require so many damn hits!!

My health is low but my atkus and swengus are relatively high, so quick kills are easier than slow kills regardless of how much damage the creatures do. Given I can only swing 3 times... if that doesn't kill the beast, I'll get surrounded and end up falling to vermine.

Sonny_Bill
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by Sonny_Bill » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:28 pm

Bloodhawks are 1 hit kills with a knife... Orgas are deadly 4 hit dispatches with an axe.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Daimoth » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:06 am

The entire orga family is famous for being lousy exp. Orga areas are the opposite of rank whore areas, largely because of this. The only orgas worth hunting are the casters because their chests give decent exp across small parties.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.