Welcome Arindal Players!

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Welcome Arindal Players!

Post by Eldon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Quish wrote:The "official" line is that those Arindalites who are interested were to contact Eldon, and he'd manually set up their accounts.
GygesGM should be posting on this on the Arindal forums, but here it is here too:

Arindal players wishing to play Clan Lord should first contact GygesGM. He'll validate you and ask a few questions. Arindal players are asked to go to the Clan Lord Account Portal and create an account but to not buy anything. Tell GygesGM what this account name is. [We're doing it this to avoid any naming conflicts between Arindal and CL. Also, it's good to get everyone familiar with the Account Portal.] GygesGM is compiling a list of all players, these account names, and which characters are migrating over, and sending it to me. I'll manually activate the accounts. [I tried using coupons for this, but there's a very difficult bug that prevents a coupon taking an order down to $0. Yes, we could've just asked for them to pay $1, but we promised it would be free.]

Once activated, the players can log into CL normally and create characters normally [once again to prevent duplicate names and the like.] I'll manually touch these characters. Over the course of some number of weeks, we'll dole out ranks based up a percentage of the ranks they had in Arindal. We decided this would be best to allow everyone to adjust to the, uhm, unique CL trainers. [The ones CL players love to hate.] I would expect that the Arindal folks will get a memorial item as well.

I would very much like to have a storyline to welcome the new arrivals, but it will honesty have to wait until quite a few folks are already here since the account activations are being done manually. So, I would expect something modest and more RP-oriented than anything. If a player would like to take the lead on this, please contact me and GygesGM. I would expect him/her to be familiar with both Arindal and CL to be most effective.

Please note that these instructions may be changed as we progress. Hopefully, they would become simpler.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Re: Welcome Arindal Players!

Post by Eldon » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:52 pm

SomePlayer wrote:Any chance of Mages abilities coming over?
(Not directly asked, but I think it was intended.) If any of the Mage abilities transition over (and it would probably need a rewrite of the code), I wouldn't expect Mystics to get them. Please direct all disappointments and gripes to your local Full Mystic. They have a direct pipeline to MysticGM.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Cecil
Maximum Rankage
Profession: Fighter/Rankwhore
Race: Human
Player Status: Active

Post by Cecil » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:08 pm

I think a FMOCR trip would be a fun thing to introduce to the players coming over, and would get them involved right away with the Orga storyline. And the next one is in 2 OOC days it looks like.
Thanks for the apology Cecil, vaginas everywhere are grateful to you.-Kalypso

Jeanne
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Jeanne » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:10 pm

When is the next FMOCR? If a post is made in the Hunting Hall or Koppi about when to show up, and if a Full Mystic will come then perhaps we can get enough folks to make it a success.

As to the mystics, I'm not surprised they're not going to get any new and/or useful abilities. I'll ask a Full Mystic to send my disappointment to MysticGM but at this point I doubt he's listening to them either. Fighters fight, Healers heal, and Mystics suck is the paradigm and we can't break out of that mold even if it's needed to help the game. :roll:
Jeanne (Bloodmage) - Moon Kitty (Healer) - Himitsu (Fighter/Ranger)
Lok'Groton Adventures

Appletell - Apple, Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone news and reviews and commentary.

Chopper
Arilon Legacy
Arilon Legacy
Profession: -
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Chopper » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:02 am

Thankyy Eldon, Gyges and all other gms!
Looking forward to have fun in the new world!
Largo wrote:i quit clan lord and now i clock 7-9 hours a day minmaxing romantic relationships

Suu'ub
Exile
Profession: Healer

Post by Suu'ub » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:17 am

Will there be a way for us to tell who the Arindal players are so we can help/instruct them as necessary? Something in the info, or even better, SASHES!

Alces
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human

Post by Alces » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:54 am

Yeah- they should be given grey pajamas or a purple belt or something.

That would rock.
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:55 am

Eldon wrote:Arindal players wishing to play Clan Lord should first contact GygesGM.
I'm hoping to get a spreadsheet by tomorrow with Arindal folks who want to join us in CL. If you're interested and haven't contacted GygesGM, please hurry.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

noivad
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:54 pm

How about green pajamas?
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Shadowfire
Noble
Profession: Champion
Race: Sylvan

Post by Shadowfire » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:19 am

As long as it's an unusualish shade that is impossible or at least exasperatingly difficult to replicate with dyes, I'd say that's a win.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Daimoth » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:42 am

Lots of Arindal people came out today, suddenly. It's pretty awesome. Taking a few to the vermine tree now.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Suu'ub
Exile
Profession: Healer

Post by Suu'ub » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:24 am

Daimoth wrote:Lots of Arindal people came out today, suddenly. It's pretty awesome. Taking a few to the vermine tree now.
Our vermine tree is a sad comparison to the vermine tree they're used. It was a whole area with 5+ sn'ells and safes areas that continually got harder up to the death vermine chamber. I suggest an Arindal VT import!

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Daimoth wrote:Lots of Arindal people came out today, suddenly. It's pretty awesome. Taking a few to the vermine tree now.
I activated all of the accounts (that GygesGM had info on) this weekend and sent out emails to the transitioning players. Over the next few updates, I hope to update an "Arindal field" on each of their characters which will contain how many ranks that character had in Arindal. We'll use this field to disperse some number of ranks over a span of time to the characters. It'll probably be a matching thing - so, maybe they'll gain 1 rank and get another 2...or something. I'm not in charge of that part. :) But, since I have to touch each of their characters, I asked patience on the part of the Arindal players. It'll happen, just not quickly I'm afraid.

So, please welcome them and make them feel at home.
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM

Gremlins
Fenix Fire
Fenix Fire
Profession: Fallen
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Gremlins » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:46 am

I have to say that it is quite pleasant to have to scroll the players list, again. And I would like to take the opportunity to thank all who were/are involved in the transfer process, and welcome all the Arindaler and wishing them as much fun and adventures (and ranks) as I got myself in the past.
Chum wrote:Do not attempt to apply logic to matters regarding Clan Lord; it'll just drive you nuts... ;)

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:19 am

Eldon wrote:We'll use this field to disperse some number of ranks over a span of time to the characters. It'll probably be a matching thing - so, maybe they'll gain 1 rank and get another 2...or something. I'm not in charge of that part. :)
I am. ;) Effectively, we'll be reducing the cost to rank for their first X ranks significantly, so they'll gain ranks at a Very fast rate. This won't affect things like clan experience or share payout. The hope is it will be fast enough that it won't take very long for them to catch up to their old strength, but not so fast that they'll make horrible training errors.