Make sewing kits display supplies remaining

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Should sewing kits be as smart as a kudzu bag?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
I Don't Care
No votes

Total votes: 10

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive

Make sewing kits display supplies remaining

Post by Skirwan » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:44 pm

Kudzu bags use their name to keep track of how many seedlings they contain; add a seed and the name changes from '0' to '1', plant one and it goes back.

It would be useful if sewing kits could be taught the same trick.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:00 pm

That's something I wish was an /option on the 'zubag. I'd turn it off.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Post by Fundin » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:32 am

Something similar could be added to blacksmith kits also, i like it.
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Ann » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:47 pm

Cinnamon wrote:That's something I wish was an /option on the 'zubag. I'd turn it off.
If your bag's name has a number in parentheses at the end, it'll keep the rest of the name when it updates the quantity inside. For instance, "Spare seeds (4)" will become "Spare seeds (5)" when you add another.

Does that solve your problem with the automatic name changes, or is it something else?

If not, I can change them so that they only update the quantities if there's already a number there (or the name is empty), but won't add a number if there isn't one. Presumably that would solve Cinnamon's problem. Would it bother anyone else?

Once that's resolved, I'll see about adding the same feature to sewing kits and blacksmith supplies.

Ann

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger

Post by Fundin » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:03 pm

Ann wrote:
Cinnamon wrote:That's something I wish was an /option on the 'zubag. I'd turn it off.
If your bag's name has a number in parentheses at the end, it'll keep the rest of the name when it updates the quantity inside. For instance, "Spare seeds (4)" will become "Spare seeds (5)" when you add another.

Ann
Really, hmmm, never knew that, i used to check manually, i'll have to test this out. So basically if i name my bag Kudzu bag 1 (1) [as it has one seed] when i add anotehr it will automaticvally rename to Kudzu bag 1 (2) ?
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:43 pm

I never knew that, Ann. Thanks.

I was about to suggest documenting this somewhere, but on second thought, it would be better if you could trap /name for these items and append the "(#)" automatically, making it impossible to have a name without the count. (Or just modify other code for the same effect, which I suspect would be easier).

Side note, doing things like this makes the game a lot more accessible to newbies - why can't shirts rename themselves to "CustomName (Worn)", or armor rename itself to "WhateverName (Damaged)", etc.? Similarly, why can't my keyring list the keys on it? It seems like all of the items with unique data could benefit from this sort of treatment.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Ann » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:50 am

Fundin wrote:So basically if i name my bag Kudzu bag 1 (1) [as it has one seed] when i add anotehr it will automaticvally rename to Kudzu bag 1 (2) ?
Should do, yes.

Ann

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:10 am

Fundin wrote:
Ann wrote:

Ann
Really, hmmm, never knew that, i used to check manually, i'll have to test this out. So basically if i name my bag Kudzu bag 1 (1) [as it has one seed] when i add anotehr it will automaticvally rename to Kudzu bag 1 (2) ?
Brand New Empty Bag
Bag of Kudzu Seedlings <#1>
Bag With One Seedling
Bag of Kudzu Seedlings <#1: 1>

Right so you must hard code a name to it without parentheses, otherwise the name is an everchanging variable. x++ or x--. My macros require a /selectitem and a /name so I can keep my old school Bag of Kudzu Seedlings <#1>, Bag of Kudzu Seedlings <#2>. My macros tell me how much zu is in each bag without me having to pull up the inventory window.

When the macro breaks I get: "You have no Bag of Kudzu Seedlings <#1>".

One way or another, you're checking it manually. Be it a macro that keeps the action on the screen or pulling up another window that blocks the action.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Ann
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Ann » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:10 am

Cinnamon wrote:My macros require a /selectitem and a /name so I can keep my old school Bag of Kudzu Seedlings <#1>, Bag of Kudzu Seedlings <#2>. My macros tell me how much zu is in each bag without me having to pull up the inventory window.

Could you email me a copy of that macro, please? /useitem and some other commands should work with "bagofkudzu1" and "bagofkudzu2" for bags <#1> and <#2>, no matter what their custom names are. If the macro /selectitem doesn't (which is likely), I'll see what I can do to fix that.

Meanwhile, sewing and blacksmithing supply kits will keep their contents in their names too, starting in v422. If /selectitem proves troublesome, I'll change them all so that if they have a name without ( ) at the end they won't add that part.

Ann

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:54 pm

Ann wrote:Meanwhile, sewing and blacksmithing supply kits will keep their contents in their names too, starting in v422.
Thanks!

Gorvin
Noble
Profession: Champion

Post by Gorvin » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:15 pm

Cinnamon wrote:
Brand New Empty Bag
Bag of Kudzu Seedlings <#1>
Bag With One Seedling
Bag of Kudzu Seedlings <#1: 1>

Right so you must hard code a name to it without parentheses, otherwise the name is an everchanging variable. x++ or x--. My macros require a /selectitem and a /name so I can keep my old school Bag of Kudzu Seedlings <#1>, Bag of Kudzu Seedlings <#2>. My macros tell me how much zu is in each bag without me having to pull up the inventory window.

One way or another, you're checking it manually. Be it a macro that keeps the action on the screen or pulling up another window that blocks the action.
You do not need to know the full name of the item to select it with /selectitem. My Kudzu Lord macro (http://clmacros.com/search.php?query=kudzu+lord+v1.1) makes use of /selectitem even with the changing names to determine how many different bags of kudzu you have in your inventory. In fact it actually depends on the changing names to determine how many seeds are remaining in each bag.

Just use something like this if you want to select a kudzu bag without having to worry about the name:

Code: Select all

set bag_number 1
"/selectitem "bag of kudzu seedlings <#" bag_number ""\r"