Fix Untrainus Duvin Hole?

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling
Player Status: Active
Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Fix Untrainus Duvin Hole?

Post by Jazz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:47 am

Could I humbly request that the Untrainus Duvin hole/deficit be fixed? I have multiple characters now that have this Duvin hole including one that I'm building around a very specific morph, but will have to train like 100+ Duvin again just got get to a net zero Duvin coun again. Ugh.

Is RangerGM still around? If not could someone look into this? I'm completely okay with losing the movement studies that remain after untraining also if it would just mean not having to re-train so much Duvin again.

Thx.
Bang a rang!

Leinis
Exile

Re: Fix Untrainus Duvin Hole?

Post by Leinis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:41 am

Borzon just untrained from Bloodmage to Ranger for the umpteenth time. He says he has the studies that he had from a previous time as Ranger. This leads me to believe that the current iteration of untraining and studies is that you keep all the studies that you had previously but you are down all the Duvin. This seems "fixed" to me because it's a reasonable situation unlike previously where it was possible to have all the old studies but none of them were functional and you needed to re-study things AND you were down in Duvin.
Crius yells, "We've got a situation here! There's a vampire cat!"

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling
Player Status: Active
Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Post by Jazz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:41 pm

We talked about this in game a bit.

It's not "fixed" to my way of thinking because even though you retain your "movements" post-untrain you have to re-train the appropriate amount of Duvin again to get those very same movements back in order to study new critters. And I've heard of some people retaining their befriends/morphs... I retained none of those. I untrained to effective 0 and not just 3rd circle though so maybe that's the difference there.

Anyways...

I study Orga movements for 5 Duvin.

I untrain to 0.

I retrain some Goss and Splash and other stuff, but NO new duvin... (ignore that I'm getting new Duvin through new Goss).

I swing on an Orga and my Splash goes down indicating that I have Orga "movement" studies still from pre-untraining.

I talk to Duvin. He says "You have much to learn". I talk to Garre. He says "You don't even have the minimum Duvin necessary to study any creatures."

I start studying Orga.

5 Duvin ranks later I get Orga "movements"... again... for a total cost of 10 ranks for that 1 Orga.

Multiply that times like 20 studies or more, which is what I used to have and you can see the large 100+ rank Duvin "hole" I had to train back out of.

Make sense? That's not fixed. That spending double ranks for things I didn't even want anymore just to move onto to new studies I do want. Etc.
Bang a rang!

Leinis
Exile

Post by Leinis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Yeah, I stand corrected. It seems like it hasn't changed since I wrote about it back in Arkin's case.
Crius yells, "We've got a situation here! There's a vampire cat!"

TreeBeard
Exile

Post by TreeBeard » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:38 pm

I did a full untrain and had a low amount of goss (about 200) when I went back to training. I kept my morphs (only had 2), and all my studies remained. I was in a duvin deficit of about 50 ranks. My balance was drained on fam studied critters so I assume I had the effect even with the deficit. I did the untrain years ago. I think I was also put back into 3rd circle from the untrain. I hear you can lose your qualification for subclass if you go past 3rd circle though.
unoffensive quote here