Move Book 2 Trainer

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling
Player Status: Active
Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Move Book 2 Trainer

Post by Jazz » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:01 am

So... it's pretty much impossible these days to get a group to Book 2 and, to a much lesser extent, Book 1 is becoming more annoying. Book 3 is easy enough and Trillbane should stay the same because, even though it's very hard also, it's the culmination of the PF prize so to speak and maybe a bi-yearly trip could get organized.

But... I think, because the player base simply doesn't support it anymore, Book 2 trainer should be moved/MUCH easier to get to. I've been incredibly frustrated losing Book 2 because of V'Wunkay and haven't been able to get back since and it's been 6 months of trying.

There are places I want to hunt that I can't access because of PF (est/mtn/NOOB/etc). 95% of active players already have a PF character they use for this sort of stuff, but the rest of us shouldn't be punished by game mechanics because of a lack of players. As mentioned Book 1 is still doable however annoying, Book 3 is fine/semi-easy for small group, Trillbane should stay hard just because it BOSS level, but Book 2... erg.

Proposal: Move Book 2 to the end of the PF caves just north of town (adding that final cave that requires full Book 1 of course).

Thanks for your consideration.
Bang a rang!

Naferu
Exile

Re: Move Book 2 Trainer

Post by Naferu » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:15 am

Just schedule a book 2 hunt on a weekend.
Mai-a-hiiii mai-a-haaa mai-a-hooo mai-a-haaa'aaaa!!!

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Profession: Ranger
Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Post by Jazz » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:38 am

I admit my USA daytime CL hrs are probably less than ideal, but... easier said than done. Others have been trying for months also. It's not just me.
Bang a rang!

Talin
Noble
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan

Post by Talin » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:03 am

Frankly, I found out as 2nd circle healer, the best way to get on my dream hunts, is organizing them myself. The "player base" that makes a book 2 run a breeze has offered help several times. Trying to organize a hunt there for the next day, or even the same week, has never worked well.

How to organize hunts in CL:

Style Open Hunt:
1) fix a date, and time several weeks in advance, that you know could work for key people.
2) make it known via Koppi, Sentinel, Discord.
3) hope you get enough folks that actually show up.

Style OCD:
1) talk to people you want on the hunt, what time, and date would suit them best.
2) fix a date, and time according to what they told you.
3) if you are open to having more folks, make it known via Koppi, Sentinel, Discord.
4) close to the date, talk to the people again, finding out whether all those you really need, are still on board.
5) hope you get enough folks that actually show up.

Shakyamuni
Open Hands
Profession: Healer/Alchemist

Post by Shakyamuni » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:05 pm

I support the move. Which is what this post is about. Creating too big of a hurdle to folks enjoying the game is not really going to make more folks play. At this point I think we need to consider if things bring folks in or drive them out.
Husband to Drablak and Nettle - Brother to Algy and Juren