Custom Training NPC

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling
Player Status: Active
Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Custom Training NPC

Post by Jazz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:41 am

This has probably been suggested before, but my search skills are rusty. Sorry if it has.

At this point in my CL career I'd LOVE to be able to visit an NPC somewhere fun (like Trainer's Grotto etc.) that allows me to exactly customize my training. Basically you specify a trainer and a percent, up to 100%, and the NPC trains you in that way.

Z'ercise: Greetings Jazz. I am versed in most fighter skills. Are you interested in a custom regiment of training from me?
Jazz: Yes
Z'ercise: Great! Please specify a trainer you'd like to study.
Jazz: Histia
Z'ercise: Excellent. Please specify a percentage of HIstia you'd like.
Jazz: 15%
Z'ercise: Done! You have 85% left. What else would you like to study?
Jazz: Atkus
Z'ercise: Okay. What percentage Atkus would you like?
Jazz: 30%

Etc. etc. you get the idea. Probably best to keep it core trainers. Error checking for not having 100% of a rank/allow to specify "the rest" to fill up 100%/don't allow incorrect trainers in the mix etc. etc.

I love all the training options in CL and currently loving Bangus Anmash, but there just isn't a singular trainer that allows for what I want to do exactly. I know it's silly since I can just switch around trainers, but, honestly, I'd love to play the game focusing on other aspects like exploration etc. and not have to worry about trainers/ranks as much. Just a thought for an easy addition. Obviously could be applied to healers and mystics too.
Bang a rang!

Jazz
Zouclougiest Alliance
Zouclougiest Alliance
Race: Halfling
Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Re: Custom Training NPC

Post by Jazz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:06 am

Bah. Basically my own suggestion again from 12 years ago (well... Sutai honed in on the really custom part):

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=500

Jazz wrote:
Sutai wrote:Actually, I was referring to the "E-Z-Trainer" idea... it's easy to customize manually, but for those who don't count ranks (like me), it would be nice to know I'm increasing my darkus without losing my swings or getting better boosts while maintaining the same energy and recovery rate. Of course, you'd have to experiment with the amounts, but it saves the running back and forth, and some headache.

This would be the ideal solution. A trainer that let's you walk through a custom training dialogue until you reach 100% of a rank. As a fighter I don't count ranks and only train with Evus these days, but know that someday soon I'll have to throw in some more Swengus again because I lose swings. Would love to tailor my Evus so I don't lost swings. Same for my healers... Respia/Faustus or Sespus/Respia etc.

I ain't holding my breath for custom trainers though. :roll:
Bang a rang!

Killian
Exile
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Killian » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:57 am

Jazz wrote:This has probably been suggested before, but my search skills are rusty. Sorry if it has.

At this point in my CL career I'd LOVE to be able to visit an NPC somewhere fun (like Trainer's Grotto etc.) that allows me to exactly customize my training. Basically you specify a trainer and a percent, up to 100%, and the NPC trains you in that way.

Z'ercise: Greetings Jazz. I am versed in most fighter skills. Are you interested in a custom regiment of training from me?
Jazz: Yes
Z'ercise: Great! Please specify a trainer you'd like to study.
Jazz: Histia
Z'ercise: Excellent. Please specify a percentage of HIstia you'd like.
Jazz: 15%
Z'ercise: Done! You have 85% left. What else would you like to study?
Jazz: Atkus
Z'ercise: Okay. What percentage Atkus would you like?
Jazz: 30%

Etc. etc. you get the idea. Probably best to keep it core trainers. Error checking for not having 100% of a rank/allow to specify "the rest" to fill up 100%/don't allow incorrect trainers in the mix etc. etc.

I love all the training options in CL and currently loving Bangus Anmash, but there just isn't a singular trainer that allows for what I want to do exactly. I know it's silly since I can just switch around trainers, but, honestly, I'd love to play the game focusing on other aspects like exploration etc. and not have to worry about trainers/ranks as much. Just a thought for an easy addition. Obviously could be applied to healers and mystics too.

+1 Love the idea.
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Lorikeet » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:51 pm

At least you are consistent! Every 12 years ;)