The "Observation Staff" for healers

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Talin
Noble
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Re: The "Observation Staff" for healers

Post by Talin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:30 am

Destian wrote:
Talin wrote:Except you want completely OP healers so that everyone needs way less of them on their hunts. Or that the exp per rank for the healer is reduced. I am completely for experience boosts for young healers, but for mid- and oldbies, not really.
Slaughter rate would prevent this from being an issue, though, as most midbie/oldbie healers already slaughter everything on most modern hunts.
I have my doubts about that. Healers that are most probably around my strength/ ranks tell of quite some experience via their pets. Concretely, a healer many years older than Talin, and at least around her strength, brought the pet to SC, and got consistent vanqs at least on slates, I forgot the other noids. Raven territory is above that, experience wise, though. Talin can be considered a midbie for sure. True oldbies chuckle when someone calls her oldbie, and rightly so. :wink:

But completely agree with all you said otherwise.

Destian
Trainer
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Re: The "Observation Staff" for healers

Post by Destian » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:08 am

Talin wrote:I have my doubts about that. Healers that are most probably around my strength/ ranks tell of quite some experience via their pets.
Wow, I figured most healers were at the point that nothing was even a disp for them in BP...

I suppose the slaughter curve could be adjusted to aid lowbies while not super-ranking oldbies, at least.
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"