Means of traveling

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Talin
Noble
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Means of traveling

Post by Talin » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:14 pm

I think it is time to ask again for another movable portal. Or the cloud gets a couple new mirrors to "places".

Fact is, that the community is rather large spread in terms of strength. Against the opinion of some, min/maxing rank gain, is NOT the aim of a good number of people. We like areas just for their own sake. And as much as some people would like the GMs to help them RW youngsters (completely selfless, of course), it seems unlikely that the GMs will do that. So for the foreseeable future we will probably have to live with a large disparity in strength.

Can we get a portal for the big guns, and one for the normal people for whom the way to CD is NOT a piece of cake, please? (DP is still tough for when none of the uber rods are around) Or get a few more mirrors on the cloud to for example OP in bison plains? Personally, I think a mirror to Foghaven is making it too easy.

I personally would be fine with making such new portals a lot more fun in mechanics. Like, needing a mystic to activate it, hopefully not limited to FMs, but already doable by JMs. Or some such thing.
Last edited by Talin on Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Re: Means of traveling

Post by Daimoth » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:31 pm

I agree, another portal would be nice. But lets also remember that the purpose of a portal is to be mobile. With that in mind, CD probably needs a permanent path or route that is easy to navigate. It doesnt need a portal, if the portal is just going to be there for all eternity.

But in general, two sets of portals would be good. So yes, definitely.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra
Race: Ghorak Zo

Re: Means of traveling

Post by Mac » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:01 pm

At the risk of beating a dead horse...

Kyuems and the Ethereal plane are exactly this. Theoretically, travel can happen, via the EP, to any location in the world. It's just a matter of finding locations where the Kyuems can be setup and function properly (with us already having several setup to good locations and being able to travel "home" via EPS).

I very very very strongly feel that had we progressed farther on the story that the EP would "calm" with most creatures becoming very weak allowing for virtually safe passage throughout the entire plane. I don't know where the blame lies (GM leaving, us failing, or both), but we never got that far. That doesn't mean this isn't the solution.

If this is really what people want then please beg, plead, bribe, hug, or something a GM to get this story revived or at least something to allow us to calm the EP so that we can use it for that purpose (as was envisioned).

Edit: I'm a huge fan of adding ways for mystics to teleport people around, but there is already a great skill, trainers, story, etc for this purpose if we could just calm the EP.