Development proposal: community run licensed premises

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Sonny_Bill
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Development proposal: community run licensed premises

Post by Sonny_Bill » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:51 am

I was talking to my friend Beer Baron today and he has a suggestion. Beer Baron would like to open up a bar where he can share free drinks. The proposal involves the following:
- Beer Baron will rent a 200 coin per season room in the TC snell. Since he is poor, key holders who are more fortunate than others would be expected to help out with the rent.
- Community members will be able to purchase keys, with the intention that over time, most regular community members will have access (i.e. it's not an exclusive club, this is simply because there's no other way of opening up a shop at present).
- The room will start with a bar table and some basic furniture. If possible, key holders would be free to move things around and install their own fixtures.
- Ingredient donations and exotic liquor requests will be required. Requests can happen through the sentinel and donations can be made to Stora (or to Beer Baron if people are cool with him sitting in the bar as a bot who can collect ingredients and spurt out the odd bit of pub trivia.
- If the bar successful then it will be put to the mods that they might be able to give us some mates rates with the rent (and some more regular spawns of ingredients if they are feeling nice).

Beer baron brings the following skills to the table:
- Fully qualified brewer who has experience brewing all available alcoholic (and non-alcoholic) beverages.
- He is also a qualified woodsmith who is capable of crafting fine objects such as brooms, barrels and shields.
- Currently he has no subclass. Possibly he could take up a side hobby as a healer incase people get a little too excited with their drinking habits.

If the community is positive about this idea then the beer baron will get started. While there are currently bars in town, this one will be different because it will be run by the community and the beer will be free. Anybody interested in seeing this happen?

Gandor Durin
Exile

Re: Development proposal: community run licensed premises

Post by Gandor Durin » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:17 am

Sonny_Bill wrote:<snip> blah blah blah.... and the beer will be free. Anybody interested in seeing this happen?
This must happen. It must!

Chmee
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Chmee » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:37 am

I like it!
Chmee, Ranger, Open Hands.

Sonny_Bill
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by Sonny_Bill » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:50 pm

Chmee wrote:I like it!
Excellent well the weekend's coming. I'll have a word with the Beer Baron and help him to whip something up. Might do a bit of brewing too.