Short Hunt Options?

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

We need more short hunt options

Yes I agree.
100%
No.
No votes

Total votes: 10

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Short Hunt Options?

Post by Daimoth » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Is there a way we can have some portal or ability or ethereal cloud anchor to decrease transit time reliably? Or maybe make it so Mystics can port us in AND out to hunts? Or maybe more cove/MI/Jades like areas of all levels that we can hunt close to town at our leisure?

Most games these days require only 30min-1hr to get a match in. If I have 40 minutes I can play SC2, CoH2 or competitive Counterstrike pretty reliably. I most definitely can't do anything meaningful in CL for the same amount of time.

So recently, my response has been to just not bother. Which is kind of a sucky choice.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Osito
Exile
Profession: Healer
Race: Halfling

Re: Short Hunt Options?

Post by Osito » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:12 pm

I agree we need more short hunt options. I think these hunts don't happen frequently though due to population issues. If I was to log on and there are 3-4 capable fighters and 1-2 healers we could easily smash 6-7 slate snells, or 2-3 Orga Stronghold snells. There's also DTN, CD (for 2-3 person crews), Southern Est/Madzume Boss... Yes I want to be hunting snow estuary and estuary village/org caves....but those are quite far away and I think there should be faster ways to reach them.

I spend about 50% of my time playing just sitting in town waiting for something to happen if I'm not getting ready for a lorikeet hunt...... I think there are lots of short hunt options out there but due to the massive rank disparity and lack of consistent population we will be forever waiting in town...or on ICQ.

I don't really have a solution to this, and I'm not very good at organizing or attending hunts on a regular basis... But I fail to see a better option than organizing more hunts ahead of time on the sentinel...

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:10 pm

what if there were a cloud technology mystics only building in town, and as long as it remains charged (im thinking 100 ranks worth of mental energy= 1 hour) there is a portal available to activate whatever quick transport people agree to in this forum. Then you can you use the power, reliably with mystic present, and have chance of monster spawning if no mystic present. You go through a small ethereal zone, with cloudiness on either side, and walk to the end. This end should be a public zone in town center, and if people really want to they can make a small lobby of the mystic only building, and have people ushered out.

The mystics should get a small amount of experience for each mental drain, with the option of sacrificing health and balance for increased power. Mystics may do this and leave if they choose, as it should be a safe area to conduct the ritual. With combined energies, there should be a charge on the device to allow fair times without a mystic present, but energy available to use the powers.

I was also hoping there would be some sort of punitive measure for summoning people home.. Like ethereal spheres get 10% more dangerous spawns, and eventually resulting in some kind of town invasion (every nth time using this power, and with plenty of warning)

As for the teleporting power, I think there could be makeshift portal kyeums that last for a long while. If one is there, you touch it, damage it a bit (less damage with mentus) and get sent home to the tc designated spot. This could link the ethereal powers with the cloud technology, and have all kinds of weird debates and fun mysteries to solve regarding how this can be.

Again a good idea mr Daimoth

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Mac » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Daimoth wrote:Is there a way we can have some portal or ability or ethereal cloud anchor to decrease transit time reliably? Or maybe make it so Mystics can port us in AND out to hunts? Or maybe more cove/MI/Jades like areas of all levels that we can hunt close to town at our leisure?

Most games these days require only 30min-1hr to get a match in. If I have 40 minutes I can play SC2, CoH2 or competitive Counterstrike pretty reliably. I most definitely can't do anything meaningful in CL for the same amount of time.

So recently, my response has been to just not bother. Which is kind of a sucky choice.
From what I have seen the GMs say or heard about what they say, some of them don't like the idea of building these huge, challenging areas that we can easily get into or bypass the "challenge of the area" (Slarti said something to the effect that the Cloud is neat, but he never would have added it since it takes away from the GMs ability to create a challenging area by allowing you to jump in anywhere). That being said, I'd love to see more areas like this (especially if it means more mystic abilities like teleportation or improved Cloud abilities - which trust me, we've suggested).

Krane
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Krane » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:56 am

Few months ago Cold and Snowy oppened for a few weeks. It was great because when you log in you had a good probability that at least a small group was hunting there.

Easy and fast access
Easy and fast exit
Easy to join a party already there

Today it is closed and between the very few Planed Hunt that still exist there is NOBODY online hence nothing to do on your own.
I really wonder why we don't have much more areas like c&s. Maybe a GM can explain that?

Now, to be frank, these small areas are a "must have" fix but it's not sufficient. Most of the time these area are something around 5 snells wide and get very limited or even boring. I remember when we used to run from KI cove, Mi beach, ... just to keep things to do.
I'd really love to see wider areas with the same characteristics as above : Easy/Fast {In, Out, join}.

Icy
Noble
Profession: All
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Icy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:54 am

I would also like to go in and out quickly. :wink:
3/3/15 9:27:45a Icy has fallen to a Rat.

Borzon
Arilon Legacy
Arilon Legacy
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Borzon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:09 pm

Icy wrote:I would also like to go in and out quickly. :wink:

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:09 pm

Icy wrote:I would also like to go in and out quickly. :wink:
Easy turbo. Sure you get what you want, but batteries can be expensive…
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Elindir'

Post by Elindir' » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Bump