Cloud: Drop Charges

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Active

Cloud: Drop Charges

Post by Mac » Sun May 31, 2015 7:19 pm

Simple suggestion. I'd like to see an ability/switch/lever/whatever to drop all charges from the cloud.

The problem is that in order to move more quickly to a location you must add many charges, but once you arrive the cloud will only stay in place for seconds before those extra charges push you past your destination.

FYI fast cloud movement versus slow cloud movement is several minutes versus dozens of minutes so slow is kinda terrible specially if you have people waiting on the cloud to move.

I'd like to see other changes, but this one would be a significant boost to quality of life and the cloud.

PWC Salandra

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Pirate King
Race: Sylvan

Re: Cloud: Drop Charges

Post by Stinkfist » Sun May 31, 2015 8:59 pm

I would love this. Anything to allow the cloud to hover for a little bit over a drop zone or for finer control over the cloud would be awesome.

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:18 am

Stinkfist wrote:I would love this. Anything to allow the cloud to hover for a little bit over a drop zone or for finer control over the cloud would be awesome.
So, maybe a “anchor” charge once the cloud floats over its destination would be in order (but with a “fade out”)? and since we’re dreaming is there a “reverse momentum” charge? Because that sounds like a cool mystic ability: “reverse forces at work” — with tuning a mystic could us micro reversal as a type of shield to make an attack on them (or someone else with ranged staff— like healers have mercs) bounce back to the attacker…

Oh sorry, brain storm activated…
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Whirl wind
Exile
Profession: Sky Mystic
Race: Human

Post by Whirl wind » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:07 pm

So....there sort of is a way of doing this already. You would have to take the portal off island to do it though and im not sure it necessarily would work. Any time a portal is taken off island, all the charges in that portal's charging circle drop instantly. It just requires a ground crew, however its not a great option for hairtrigger stopping, it may be a good way to avoid overcharge if not a little obnoxious.

--Though for OOC reasons, not having it be that simple is probably a good thing from a GM point of view, its a great thing to use to confirm new areas by mystics or a tiny crew and then use that info to fight their way up and earn that ground OR in cases like the village where population was too small and weak to fight all the way through and you needed a good base point until you could get the ranks to fight in there.
Who needs the Mainland? I've got a floating island!

Mac
Exile
Profession: PWC Salandra

Post by Mac » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:29 am

Whirl wind wrote:So....there sort of is a way of doing this already. You would have to take the portal off island to do it though and im not sure it necessarily would work. Any time a portal is taken off island, all the charges in that portal's charging circle drop instantly. It just requires a ground crew, however its not a great option for hairtrigger stopping, it may be a good way to avoid overcharge if not a little obnoxious.
This is true, but it's not an entirely realistic option most of the time (and currently, never for one of the portals given it's location).

Given some of the (probably mystic secret) qualities of the Cloud, this suggestion seemed like something on the easier side, but still very useful with a significant possible improvement on time to move.

Krane
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Krane » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:46 am

I like Mac idea