What are YOUR priorities for CL (in order of importance)?

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Sonny_Bill
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Re: What are YOUR priorities for CL (in order of importance)

Post by Sonny_Bill » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:46 am

Kalian wrote:
Sonny_Bill wrote:
Daimoth wrote:Histia and hamstring are what make it so some Bloodmages do a lot of damage on a hunt, and others do very little. Every second youre fallen is another second where your blue bar isnt recovering to do another hit.

It might sound counterintuitive, but i know some 500 bloodblade mages that do way more total hunt damage than 1000+ mages, just because they stay alive to actually pour their damage out.
I've highlighted the points that seem to keep getting ignored (intentionally or otherwise) in these large, semantic rants directed at me (not all by you, however, the content's very similar and it's impossible for me to respond to everybody individually without going crazy).

1) In terms of mututal respect... I don't think it is particularly respectful for somebody to rant at me with 1-sided semantics, while refusing to recognise or compliment any of my achievements (hello... law degree, baby and circle 4 are all milestones... ONE nice comment amongst 10 pages of semantics would go a long way). Anyway, that's my constructive feedback if you REALLY think it's necessary to go on massive rants about semantics where you clearly think you're schooling me (in an area I actually know inside out - no offence).

2) To offer an olive branch, your suggestion doesn't sound counterintuitive at all. I get the reasoning. HOWEVER, let me refer back to the thread title... '[w]hat are YOUR priorities for CL'? I could argue the semantics of what the best model of BM is all night and we'd all go insane. My current situation is that I plan to train lot of BB and then re-assess what I wanna do with those ranks if I get to the stages you speak of (which are in the relatively distant future, we are talking 6-12 months). Clearly if I'm at a stage where I'm using up all my spirit for one swing and am not getting anywhere then I'll have to untrain BB ranks. You might not be aware, but BB ranks can be untrained without any penalty. To me this makes them extremely logical for somebody like me, as I am still on the fence about a few ideas.

3) While it might come across as disrespectful, I don't think I'm really in a position where I need to be dedicating all of my training to making life easier for experienced players (who already have a much easier time in areas with circle 8 content). As much as I'd like to have 1000 histia and essentially be a 'helper boy' who hamstrings all the big creatures in order to make hunts super easy for circle 8 rangers (with 5000+ ranks) I don't think I'm in a position to 'give' as much as others. My main gift is experience because I vanq what most consider 'junk'. Those who take me out, are friendly, don't rant at me with semantics the whole time and adapt their playing style to one where they use those 5000+ ranks to protect weaker characters will be rewarded because I share them (and get vanq after vanq after vanq... and don't fall because as a TEAM we make tactics that prevent this). People get all semantic about clicking, but IMO it's 100% a TEAM game, and the smarter players are the ones who respect the unique features of characters in the hunt and think up effective team tactics rather than just going 'CHAAAAAAARGE!!!!' dropping the big stuff on circle 4 BM's then getting all frustrated/semantic when all the weaker characters start falling against circle 8 content that isn't really made to be hunted by people with 1200 ranks. I'm not gonna bring names into this, but dude... we never hunt together and probably never will. I've found some really awesome people on here who I hunt with regularly. It's like you're inventing conflicts between me and experienced fighters that don't even exist - largely because I don't join hunts (or depart super quickly after gaining a rank or two) when I know certain people are gonna troll the hunt with semantics.
Enjoy hunting while those people then, because based off the fact that you can't handle people trying to help you and instead attack them....you will not be welcome on any hunts or activities I'm involved with in-game.
Good luck with your "law degree".
LOL I love how you even question whether my clicker just finished a law degree. You're farking lame mate.

Takes a big man to step in, see a guy getting bullied online, tell him "you're not the victim mate, toughen up" and then poke a stick at him so that you can get a laugh from the boys. Enjoy it while it lasts, karma will bite you dude.

Krane
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Krane » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:54 am

any moderator can clan the former topic back on track and all the other story in another dedicated topic?
I dont want to interrupt the discussions on-going with Sonny and others but I'd like it to be somewhere else.

Thanks

Destian
Trainer
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Race: Human

Post by Destian » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:13 pm

Stinkfist wrote:I've been thinking about that, maybe some sort of synergy effect is in order if the nub wub has less than a certain threshold of ranks and are healing the same target as an elder wub. Think like a wizard collective in fantasy worlds pooling their efforts together to summon greater magic than they could on their own, led by some high wizard of some sort.
Yeah, I think we've discussed similar ideas in the past.

Another thought we had was to increase the amount of healing done when "out of combat", so if a player hasn't been hit or attacked in X seconds, the healer healing them would heal them much faster.
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Daimoth » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:56 pm

Destian wrote: Another thought we had was to increase the amount of healing done when "out of combat", so if a player hasn't been hit or attacked in X seconds, the healer healing them would heal them much faster.
Thats what the asklepian and radium is for. Maybe they could be increased in potency somewhat, though.

Radius healing is, by its very nature, very bad in combat compared to prioritizing max heals as targets require. Im not sure if GMs intended it for it to be a non-combat skill or not, but thats definitely the only time it should be used.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Sonny_Bill
Exile
Profession: Fighter

Post by Sonny_Bill » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:40 pm

Destian wrote:
Stinkfist wrote:I've been thinking about that, maybe some sort of synergy effect is in order if the nub wub has less than a certain threshold of ranks and are healing the same target as an elder wub. Think like a wizard collective in fantasy worlds pooling their efforts together to summon greater magic than they could on their own, led by some high wizard of some sort.
Yeah, I think we've discussed similar ideas in the past.

Another thought we had was to increase the amount of healing done when "out of combat", so if a player hasn't been hit or attacked in X seconds, the healer healing them would heal them much faster.
Are there any hooks within the macros that allow you to use the health of a player as a variable?

Destian
Trainer
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Race: Human

Post by Destian » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:28 pm

Daimoth wrote:Thats what the asklepian and radium is for. Maybe they could be increased in potency somewhat, though.

Radius healing is, by its very nature, very bad in combat compared to prioritizing max heals as targets require. Im not sure if GMs intended it for it to be a non-combat skill or not, but thats definitely the only time it should be used.
Either way, it's not going to do much for new healers, sadly, and TBH, I doubt it would ever be implemented because of how much it would shift the landscape of healing.

It's too bad because healing out of combat when you don't have adequate Fastus is boring, and "adequate" Fastus is generally not a thing that any healer below 6th circle has, given the health pool of your average fighter these days.
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"

Krane
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Ghorak Zo

Post by Krane » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:24 am

An active way to play as a healer is to be a burster. Move around, burst, recover, burst again.
It involves that you chose carefully when to busrt someone, you can burst the wrong target if someone steps in your way, you can trap someone...

Sadly bursting (except some weird builds) is not efficient at all. It is even discouraged by the healer mechanics and the training system.

So maybe GM can think of a burst rewamp... not sure. Make it more effective, remove penalty from being Faustus heavy...

Another idea I had would be that you could Distant burst people in a cone area (like a dragon breath of health). Could be based on proxy for distance and radium for some extra bonus. (the bonus should be good as you may completely miss your targets)
It means you need click ability to distant burst at the right place and at the right time in order to affect as many target as you can.

Cadding and Area healing is so lazy.

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Pirate King

Post by Stinkfist » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:45 am

Sonny_Bill wrote:
Are there any hooks within the macros that allow you to use the health of a player as a variable?
I don't think there are, but I'm not the greatest macro writer, all of mine I ever make are super simple and bare bones.

Org du Lac
Exile

Post by Org du Lac » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:21 am

/ooc (actually I guess this whole thread is)
Sonny_Bill wrote: Takes a big man to step in, see a guy getting bullied online, tell him "you're not the victim mate, toughen up" and then poke a stick at him so that you can get a laugh from the boys.
FWIW he got a laugh out of HWC.
Sonny_Bill wrote: Are there any hooks within the macros that allow you to use the health of a player as a variable?
No, but it'd be super useful for everyone, so maybe a GM could add it in without much trouble. Or maybe you can detect it with AppleScript still?? Does that even still exist? IIRC Algernon (pre-Stora Stora) was not purely a macro-based town healer that I'm 99% sure was AppleScript-based. I'm not sure if Stora is or not, but it may be worth messaging Stora ( http://vagilemind.com/clanlord/memberli ... ile&u=1009 ) to see if PW-not-C has any ideas.