Clan Lord Kickstarter

Polls, discussion and commentary on suggested issues.

Moderators: Lorikeet, CL GMs

Would you contribute to a massive CL update financially?

Yes.
86%
No. But I support the effort.
4%
No. Bad idea!
11%

Total votes: 57

Sonny_Bill
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Re: Clan Lord Kickstarter

Post by Sonny_Bill » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:35 pm

Sativa wrote:New players don't need to learn lessons in a bs way.. They need cool people to play areas that would be too hard for them alone. They get vanqs, they learn the ropes, they learn to appreciate the community. We need population, and some kind of gimmick that lets people play it more conveniently. A cellphone based app, button-based system for commands, and expedited route to top-tier combat would be ideal imo.
Agreed... and this is possibly what the kickstarter could be? I reckon if CL was on the appstore it would get at least several hundred/thousand downloads, people could have quick hunts 'on the go' and the retro graphics would be a COOL selling feature (rather than looking a bit small/funny on a 30" 4K display).

Org du Lac
Exile

Post by Org du Lac » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:32 am

Sonny_Bill wrote:reckon if CL was on the appstore it would get at least several hundred/thousand downloads, people could have quick hunts 'on the go'..

Not if the server crashes! ;). But yeah, the CL server can handle up to around 300 simultaneous people IIRC.*

*It never normally got over ~150 or so, and standard was around 60-120, but there were a couple rank-reward stress tests that pushed it way higher.

Lorikeet
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Lorikeet » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:57 am

Destian wrote:Yeah, I remember Hardia isn't technically capped, but you can accidentally reduce your number of swings to 0 if you train too much of it, IIRC.

All things considered, I wonder what any of the Hardia hardcores would have to say about pets if they ever came back to see them...
Actually, I was told Hardia capped at 300 (or 200 if Bodrus) but I have never wanted to check it ;)

Destian
Trainer
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Destian » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Lorikeet wrote:Actually, I was told Hardia capped at 300 (or 200 if Bodrus) but I have never wanted to check it ;)
Ha, yeah! I don't think we're going to see anyone trying to cap Hardia in this day and age... :D
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"

Chmee
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Chmee » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:19 pm

Oh, I don't know. Sunoril's been toying with the idea. :D
Chmee, Ranger, Open Hands.

Maeght
Trainer
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling

Post by Maeght » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:35 pm

Chmee wrote:Oh, I don't know. Sunoril's been toying with the idea. :D
Call it roughly 50 atkus, darkus, regia, balthus and histia each. the numbers are off but it's the right ballpark.

It doesn't really much change what you brick, you hit somewhere around mid 2nd circle fighter level and you hit hard for a healer, but I'd guess not much harder than if you swung a greataxe.

Destian
Trainer
Profession: Healer/Slug Wrangler
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Destian » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:03 am

Maeght wrote:
Chmee wrote:Oh, I don't know. Sunoril's been toying with the idea. :D
Call it roughly 50 atkus, darkus, regia, balthus and histia each. the numbers are off but it's the right ballpark.

It doesn't really much change what you brick, you hit somewhere around mid 2nd circle fighter level and you hit hard for a healer, but I'd guess not much harder than if you swung a greataxe.
Yeah, and your pet can always swing much harder.
A video guide to healer pets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ejD_9X1io
"Solomon chuckles"

InuTeisei
Exile
Profession: Healer
Player Status: Inactive
Location: Sneaking up on you... shopping somewhere in puddleby

Post by InuTeisei » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:39 am

Yay! I can finally login again :)
Anyway, I would support a Kickstarter for Clan Lord development.

Also, vector graphics, no more bitmaps. I have this lovely new notebook with 2000+ resolution and the Clan Lord windows are too small for me to use comfortably.
.:: Smoochy Boochies :: Inu Teisei :D :: Laughing Academy® .. We fall so you don't have to! .. Falling at a snell near you .. Charge! er no Run! Run! :: This sig has been donated to CHICKEN GLORY!! :: When I hear Eldon, I think of office supplies ::.

Sonny_Bill
Exile
Profession: Fighter

Post by Sonny_Bill » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:04 am

InuTeisei wrote:Yay! I can finally login again :)

Also, vector graphics, no more bitmaps. I have this lovely new notebook with 2000+ resolution and the Clan Lord windows are too small for me to use comfortably.
IMO a clone client with such features would be cool. Maybe some stats/log keeping functionality as well? I know that this would not be true to the form of the game, but given the size of the community these days, I reckon a few little helpers (for convenience rather than to 'cheat') would be handy.

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Pirate King

Post by Stinkfist » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:25 pm

InuTeisei wrote:Yay! I can finally login again :)

Thanks to magical programs, converting all the CL art into vector images wouldn't be hard, it'd just be time consuming (thousands of images)

The real question is: could you even add UI scaling to the core game without breaking all the interwoven stuff?