Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

A place to discuss CL related projects.

Moderators: Sheriff, The Deputies

Org du Lac
Exile
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 4:18 pm
Contact:

Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Org du Lac » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:53 am

37 creatures remain that I do not have live sketches of (here, but repeated in the thread). I am paying large cash bounties for good* pictures of these creatures, in coinage categories below. Pictures can be sent to orgdulac@puddleby.net or posted in this thread. At least one exile must be in the picture in addition to the creature.

500c (5 left, worth up to 3250 coins!):
Fenix
Mossy Greymyr (750c if throwing something)
Frost Drake (1k if shooting frost)
Ice Greymyr (not from testing arena) (750c if throwing something)
Wildew
Hardew
Scarmis Queen (1k if spitting acid)
Russet Tok'Han (1.5k if exploding and it's still visible or if there are two and one is exploding).

300c (11 left, worth up to 3500 coins)
Darshak Rebel Commander
Lesser Astral Drake (500c if shooting lightning)
Grandew
Wickedew
Torched Fervor (500c if throwing fire)
Honor Knight
Honor Guard Captain
Scarab Beetle
Tortured Soul
The Curator
Blood Meshra
Scarmis Attendant
Earth Wyrm
Dawn Wendecka

150c (10 left, worth up to 1950 coins)
Foxweir Pup
Darshak Tug
Darshak Rebel Swashbuckler
Tae-Su
Star Flower
Vicious Star Flower
Scarmis Forager
Shambling Corpse
Ash Giant
Redwood Giant
Wild Boar
Chestnut Bear
Valley Rat (300c if chewing someone)
Lith Bat (300c if chewing someone)
Mama Wendecka (300c if throwing)



*Good pictures have the creature identified being the subject of the picture. The more creatures of the correct kind the better, but it doesn't matter. Bonus points if the creature is performing a special action. Pictures should be saved as .gif or .png. If you save it as a .jpg you need a lesson in image file formats. If you send me a picture of a Lava Walker and tell me it's a Torched Fervor, may God save your soul.
BadPicture.jpg
BadPicture.jpg (15.48 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
This is a bad picture. It's a jpg, it's not in native CL resolution, and it doesn't have any clear creature of focus.
Orga-1.gif
Orga-1.gif (43.25 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
This is an okay picture. The focus of the picture is the Orga Magician but it's not particularly clear.
Orga.gif
Orga.gif (37.13 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
This is a good picture. It shows the creature clearly, and it's performing a special ability.
Orga-3.gif
Orga-3.gif (47.99 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
This is a great picture. It shows the creature from multiple angles performing a rare special ability.

As long as a picture is 'okay' then that's good enough for me, though. If two people send in an of a creature, the first person gets it or the better image gets it (if one is much better).

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Posts: 2974
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:39 pm
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive
Location: SNN Planar News Headquarters
Contact:

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Skirwan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:18 pm

Org du Lac wrote:Image

This is a bad picture.
But the subject is so, so pretty.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

User avatar
Kinon
Exile
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:22 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot
Contact:

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Kinon » Sun May 02, 2010 6:34 am

Blood Meshra, got 3 different shots, hope you like!

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Nunul
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Posts: 1654
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 6:41 am
Profession: Dust Collector
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active
Location: In between

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Nunul » Sun May 02, 2010 6:44 am

Kinon wrote:Blood Meshra, got 3 different shots, hope you like!

Image

Image

Image
I think Org needs to add to the qualifier to have night levels turned off.
BACON!

User avatar
Kinon
Exile
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:22 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot
Contact:

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Kinon » Sun May 02, 2010 8:17 am

Nunul wrote:I think Org needs to add to the qualifier to have night levels turned off.
Org du Lac wrote:Image
This is a great picture. It shows the creature from multiple angles performing a rare special ability.

As long as a picture is 'okay' then that's good enough for me, though. If two people send in an of a creature, the first person gets it or the better image gets it (if one is much better).

User avatar
Nunul
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Posts: 1654
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 6:41 am
Profession: Dust Collector
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active
Location: In between

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Nunul » Sun May 02, 2010 8:20 am

Kinon wrote:
Nunul wrote:I think Org needs to add to the qualifier to have night levels turned off.
Org du Lac wrote:Image
This is a great picture. It shows the creature from multiple angles performing a rare special ability.

As long as a picture is 'okay' then that's good enough for me, though. If two people send in an of a creature, the first person gets it or the better image gets it (if one is much better).
You don't see the difference between what you posted and what Org posted?
BACON!

Org du Lac
Exile
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 4:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Org du Lac » Sun May 02, 2010 9:33 am

Kinon wrote:Blood Meshra

Image
Thanks! 300c coming your way.

(Yes, Nunul is right that there's a difference; the Orga Zealots are lit to 100% because of their special ability, while the blood meshra are not, but that's completely fine. I think there are a handful of pictures in the bestiary where night is turned on and the creature is darkened.)

Illora Mone
Snow Lemming
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:27 pm
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot
Location: morning
Contact:

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Illora Mone » Thu May 13, 2010 6:56 am

Ash Scarmis QC 2.png
Ash Scarmis QC 2.png (113.53 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
Here's a lot of Attendants, one Eunuch. At least, that's what I think they are. and that may be a harvester.
Scarab Beetle.png
Scarab Beetle.png (83.74 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
It may not be attacking in this picture.
Starflower at its prettiest.png
Starflower at its prettiest.png (40.14 KiB) Viewed 2881 times
Only the one, but it's centered! It's also attacking. Non-attacking starflowers are dull, and that's the only way they can be stuffed.
Last edited by Illora Mone on Thu May 13, 2010 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Normal is just a stereotype.

Illora Mone
Snow Lemming
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:27 pm
Profession: Healer
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Spambot
Location: morning
Contact:

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Illora Mone » Thu May 13, 2010 7:08 am

bad plant.png
bad plant.png (110.81 KiB) Viewed 2879 times
This one looks different from the one above at rest and the ones in my house, perhaps it's a Vicious at rest?
Normal is just a stereotype.

User avatar
Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Posts: 1486
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:29 pm
Profession: Healer
Race: Thoom
Player Status: Active
Location: Puddleby
Contact:

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Phroon » Thu May 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Skirwan wrote:
Org du Lac wrote:Image

This is a bad picture.
But the subject is so, so pretty.
Agreed.

Org du Lac
Exile
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 4:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Org du Lac » Fri May 14, 2010 6:44 am

Illora Mone wrote:
bad plant.png
This one looks different from the one above at rest and the ones in my house, perhaps it's a Vicious at rest?
Thanks! 900c coming your way.

Star Flowers and Vicious Star Flowers come in an array of colors, including that one there. I should probably update the pictures on my bestiary accordingly.

User avatar
Alces
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Posts: 1731
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:36 am
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human
Player Status: Inactive
Location: So Cal, USA
Contact:

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Alces » Tue May 25, 2010 1:10 am

This creature (which appeared off the coast of TI) looks like a Greater Spectre, but it is unable to be hit with normal weapons- thus I'm not sure what it is called.

It also ferals, and completely ignores snell barriers (as shown).
untitled.JPG
Bug, or feature? :p
untitled.JPG (46.74 KiB) Viewed 2808 times
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

User avatar
Magnic
Exile
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:11 am
Profession: Fighter
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Spambot
Location: Austraila
Contact:

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Magnic » Tue May 25, 2010 7:21 am

Alces wrote:This creature (which appeared off the coast of TI) looks like a Greater Spectre, but it is unable to be hit with normal weapons- thus I'm not sure what it is called.

It also ferals, and completely ignores snell barriers (as shown).
untitled.JPG
didnt it say what you fell to in the player window(at bottom)?
Vagile wrote:I've had to remove your sig. If it happens again, you're out for a while.
THEN FUCKING DISABLE IT!
ITS NOT FUCKING HARD TO DO, I KNOW IVE DONE IT BEFORE MY SELF.
NOT THAT IT USES ANY FUCKING BANWITH BECUASE IT LOADS FROM OTHER SITES, FUCKING N00B.

User avatar
Alces
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Posts: 1731
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:36 am
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human
Player Status: Inactive
Location: So Cal, USA
Contact:

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Alces » Tue May 25, 2010 8:20 am

My bad- I should have pulled out a noob to fall to it...ergh, I'm annoyed at myself for not thinking of that.

Ath bricked it about 80% of the time, and it barely did any damage when it actually connected.
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

User avatar
Magnic
Exile
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:11 am
Profession: Fighter
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Spambot
Location: Austraila
Contact:

Re: Bestiary: Live Updates Almost Finished, LARGE CASH REWARD!

Post by Magnic » Tue May 25, 2010 9:37 am

Alces wrote:My bad- I should have pulled out a noob to fall to it...ergh, I'm annoyed at myself for not thinking of that.

Ath bricked it about 80% of the time, and it barely did any damage when it actually connected.
might say in your log(if you keept it)
Vagile wrote:I've had to remove your sig. If it happens again, you're out for a while.
THEN FUCKING DISABLE IT!
ITS NOT FUCKING HARD TO DO, I KNOW IVE DONE IT BEFORE MY SELF.
NOT THAT IT USES ANY FUCKING BANWITH BECUASE IT LOADS FROM OTHER SITES, FUCKING N00B.

Post Reply