Alces
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human
Player Status: Inactive

Stylunk - Newer Colors...?

Post by Alces » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:25 am

Is there a version of Stylunk out there that has imported the base colors for the most recently available Duckshirts colors?
(The version that I have doesn't have midnight blue or khaki, etc.)

If not, are there plans to update it?
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Ghorak Zo

Re: Stylunk - Newer Colors...?

Post by Skirwan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:39 am

Stylunk 2 is 'on the list'. I have plans, I have sketches, I have neat ideas, but I'm going to finish iClan 2 first.

Midnight blue, khaki, etc. aren't in there because they're not distinct base colors; they can be made out of one of the existing bases. Midnight blue is blue with a bramble dye, for instance. I think khaki is gray with a bramble bleach or dye. If I added all of the derivable carnival colors to the current Stylunk UI I'd end up with an absurdly long drop-down menu, so I've typically just added the unique ones. With my planned UI for Stylunk 2 this won't be an issue, and I'll probably do my best to include every clothing item ever.

Once iClan 2 is finished, I'll probably do a quick point release of Stylunk that just adds new clothes (bright sunrise, the huge pile of slightly-different colors that Grefo sells) before starting on the big revamp.

All plans subject to change. No promises on anything. My day job brings me food and iClan and Stylunk in aggregate bring me grief, so I hope everyone understands my priorities.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

Alces
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human

Post by Alces » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:56 am

Skirwan wrote:Midnight blue, khaki, etc. aren't in there because they're not distinct base colors; they can be made out of one of the existing bases. Midnight blue is blue with a bramble dye, for instance. I think khaki is gray with a bramble bleach or dye. If I added all of the derivable carnival colors to the current Stylunk UI I'd end up with an absurdly long drop-down menu, so I've typically just added the unique ones. With my planned UI for Stylunk 2 this won't be an issue, and I'll probably do my best to include every clothing item ever.
Ahhh...thanks fo the clarification. :)

If you want to avoid a huge dropdown menu for Stylunk2, maybe you could put the known color in the button that corresponds with it's creation. e.g., for the Blue base in the dropdown, maybe "Midnight" could display on the button for Bramble Dye, and then "Blue Black" after that.
Skirwan wrote:Once iClan 2 is finished, I'll probably do a quick point release of Stylunk that just adds new clothes (bright sunrise, the huge pile of slightly-different colors that Grefo sells) before starting on the big revamp.
Grefo…who is this person? This is the first that I've heard of him- He's not in Puddleopedia, and this post is the only one that returns when I search for his name.
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:03 am

Alces wrote:Grefo…who is this person? This is the first that I've heard of him- He's not in Puddleopedia, and this post is the only one that returns when I search for his name.
I've probably got the name wrong then. I thought it was 'Grefo Topo', or something like that, who hung out in the orga outback selling shirts. Selling many shirts. Sometimes (allegedly) shirts with the same name and different colors, apparently just to screw with me. Grumble.
“However,” said Dumbledore, speaking very slowly and clearly so that none of them could miss a word, “you will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

xepel
Trainer
Profession: Bard
Race: Sylvan
Player Status: Active

Post by xepel » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:15 am

Helpful GM exclaims, "Mystics can fly and walk through walls. They don't need boats on the water, and they can teleport at will!"

noivad
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:17 pm

kicking coins to Skirwan via the paypal link on his site might give him impetus to finish these projects... just sayin'.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Stonehand
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf

Post by Stonehand » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:56 am

Are these programs going to remain mac only?
Your words hurt me more then any amount of horus could heal.

Talk to me!
MSN - son_hamish at hotmail dot com
gTalk - ilikefriendshi at gmail dot com
ICQ - 316592439
Skype - Brlokthlortl
Invite me on hunts any time.

Skirwan
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Skirwan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:49 am

I have no immediate plans for Windows versions.

Arutha
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Arutha » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:20 am

I only just found this thread... Will you be adding armour and coloured weapons and such?
Willie Pete thinks, "This is dumb I want to hunt and i get a bad karme and Natas pushed me into a beast"

Desdemona
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Healer
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Desdemona » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:03 pm

Also, I'm assuming you're going to include the new Fen, Zo, and Thoom icons; will they go into the point release or wait until Stylunk 2?
reckinyards wrote:Where can i purchase a panda that wields a metal bamboo stick and stuns people by bashing them with it