Talas
Exile
Profession: Fighter
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Active

Gossamer nerf command

Post by Talas » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:12 am

HI there,

I tried several times now to understand but as a non native english speaker it's hard to do so. Especially if your language has a word "Nerv" (e.g. "Du gehst mir auf den Nerv" which means "You're annoying me") ;)

From what I've read on clump (Thanks for that page!!) and what I've learned from other exiles i understand it as the following:

For every Goss rank that I have I get 2 Attkus and 2 Darkus Bonus on creeps I have movement studies on.
Also I get 10% of that for their family which means 10 Gossamer give me 2 Atkus & Darkus on a Rudremau if I have studied Artak Cougars...
I'm pretty sure that that is right till now...? ;)

Now comes the nerf...
Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not sure...
The only thing I notice is that i have problems with my swings if it's either on or off...
I say "either on or off" because I don't understand the messages (I buged that as my comment already).
The messages when switching on or off sound for me like i would switch it off and off and not on and off... Probably just because of both messages are written in a past grammar.
So I'd really prefer to write it more clearly like "you now get more atkus when fighting"...

Towards the effect of nerfing...
I'm not sure how many Atkus I get if I turn it on/off...
Is it related to my gossamer training? to my atkus? to my balance? And am I right that I do not get additional Duvin for the additional spirit that I use?

For the future: Will the /nerf command still be available to chose or is this some kind of beta test for how the future will be?
For me it really would suck with not that huge amount of atkus and result in problems with my swing rate (and I'd have different things on my training shedule than Swengus...)

PS: The link in the Clump-Rangers ( http://clump.noivad.net/index.php?title=Rangers ) page for the gossamer discussion does not work (for me)

Jeanne
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Profession: Bloodmage
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Re: Gossamer nerf command

Post by Jeanne » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:47 am

Talas wrote:For every Goss rank that I have I get 2 Attkus and 2 Darkus Bonus on creeps I have movement studies on.
Also I get 10% of that for their family which means 10 Gossamer give me 2 Atkus & Darkus on a Rudremau if I have studied Artak Cougars...
I'm pretty sure that that is right till now...? ;)
It's 10% of the bonus for each study in the same family up to 50%.
Jeanne (Bloodmage) - Moon Kitty (Healer) - Himitsu (Fighter/Ranger)
Lok'Groton Adventures

Appletell - Apple, Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone news and reviews and commentary.

Hoggle
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Re: Gossamer nerf command

Post by Hoggle » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:53 am

You have been added to the ranger forum. There is a lot of information in there about this current potential nerf. It is still not certain wether or not this proposed nerf will happen, or another one... or a nerf at all it seems.

To address the goss bonus thing, a creature you study the movements on will have 100 percent of your gossamer bonus applied to it.

You get a partial goss bonus applied to family members of studied creatures. Each creature you study in a family adds 10 percent bonus to the unstudied relatives. This family bonus for unstudied members tops out at 5, giving you a max of 50 percent bonus on unstudied family members. This is not to say you can only study 5 creatures per family, this only means your bonus on unstudied relatives stops growing after 5 members.