Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Moderators: Kani, CL GMs

User avatar
Alces
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Posts: 1731
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:36 am
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human
Player Status: Inactive
Location: So Cal, USA
Contact:

Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Alces » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:38 pm

I've thus far spent more than a few hours trying to get Ath qualified for the BB, yet only received 2 messages...

This has been my method:
  • - Use BB to get to red & switch over to Goss.
    - Clear vermin tree. (Healer needed thanks to Luck hits)
    - Run around SF killing things while on red, using BB as necessary to combat natural Troilus.
    [Repeat]
If there is a faster/better way to do this, I'd like to know about it please.



And since we're on the subject: What are the best methods for Goss/FB qualification?

For Goss, I ran around the East DI marsh killing leeches.
For FB, I've heard that rockodiles are good targets because they freeze for a couple of seconds after swinging.
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

User avatar
Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Posts: 6375
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:06 am

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Cinnamon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:34 pm

I believe the CLUMP has info on this?
I also believe that having a BB in your posession affects qualifying because you can game the BB to qualify by using it as you describe, get yourself red.

What I understand, darn little:
Goss - one hit kills - Train Darkus
Fell - kills or hits from behind - Twitch Skill or have a brick
BB - kills or hits while red - Train Histia, stay red
This sig pic removed by Vagile

User avatar
Alces
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Posts: 1731
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:36 am
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human
Player Status: Inactive
Location: So Cal, USA
Contact:

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Alces » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Cinnamon wrote:having a BB in your posession affects qualifying because you can game the BB to qualify by using it as you describe, get yourself red.
I specifically asked several times about this- Everyone who responded said that the whole "having the blade you're trying to qualify for in your possession makes it harder to qualify" thing was a rumor on the level of a wives' tale.
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

User avatar
Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Posts: 6375
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:06 am

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Cinnamon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:23 pm

This sig pic removed by Vagile

User avatar
Alces
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Posts: 1731
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:36 am
Profession: *.Stereotype
Race: Human
Player Status: Inactive
Location: So Cal, USA
Contact:

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Alces » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Well that's just damn annoying.

So- Any advice on the best/most efficient way to qualify for the BB?
Characters on PSA Rank Tracker:
Alces (DPS) - Athran (Brick) - Angadol (Rod) - Abner (Horus) - Ajah (Repairs)
Math, imploring the GMs, wrote:Take bold measures, gentlemen. Save the game.

Leinis
Exile
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:25 pm

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Leinis » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Look two posts down please.
Crius yells, "We've got a situation here! There's a vampire cat!"

User avatar
Seld'kar
Noble
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:38 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot
Location: Lok'groton

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Seld'kar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Alces wrote:I've thus far spent more than a few hours trying to get Ath qualified for the BB, yet only received 2 messages...
Fell and goss both took a few weeks of casual play to qualify for with Seld. It sounds like you just need to work at it harder.
I think having an opinion makes you an asshole.

Dyaus
Exile
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:32 pm
Profession: Ranger
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Inactive
Location: GMT-8
Contact:

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Dyaus » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Seld'kar wrote:Fell and goss both took a few weeks of casual play to qualify for with Seld. It sounds like you just need to work at it harder.
They took Dyaus 4 hours of grinding Leeches/VT/Rat Towers. Guess I got lucky :shock:

User avatar
Nunul
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Posts: 1654
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 6:41 am
Profession: Dust Collector
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active
Location: In between

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Nunul » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Qualifying for the b-blade is nothing, compared to qualifying for the class.
BACON!

User avatar
Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Posts: 6375
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:06 am

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Cinnamon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:15 am

Leinis wrote:
Look two posts down please.
Yeah saw that. Taryn says she didn't notice anything in the days before Daimoth started playing CL. It's been tweaked in the past 8 years.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Leinis
Exile
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:25 pm

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Leinis » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:47 pm

Cinnamon wrote:Yeah saw that. Taryn says she didn't notice anything in the days before Daimoth started playing CL. It's been tweaked in the past 8 years.
I would guess that Taryn didn't notice anything back then because she was not playing CL before Daimoth. Her testing would have been done after Daimoth's. Do you have proof that it's been tweaked in the past 8 years?
Crius yells, "We've got a situation here! There's a vampire cat!"

User avatar
Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Posts: 6375
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:06 am

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Cinnamon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Leinis wrote:
Cinnamon wrote:Yeah saw that. Taryn says she didn't notice anything in the days before Daimoth started playing CL. It's been tweaked in the past 8 years.
I would guess that Taryn didn't notice anything back then because she was not playing CL before Daimoth. Her testing would have been done after Daimoth's. Do you have proof that it's been tweaked in the past 8 years?
I have Daimoth saying his perception since the inclusion of SubClasses shows it has an effect.
I have Taryn saying her perception from before the inclusion of SubClasses shows it doens't have an effect.

Do you have proof that it hasn't been tweaked in the past 8 years?


Shit man, go beat on Daimoth. I'm merely re-iterating his declaration and trusting his perception which I've learned to trust.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

User avatar
reckinyards
Noble
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:42 pm
Profession: #&$@
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Active
Location: UAE

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by reckinyards » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:01 am

how low on red are you? if youre med-high red go lower to like 2 or 3 pixels
11/2/09 7:02:10p Gustave says, "my fight is very vectorized"

User avatar
Gorvin
Noble
Posts: 1001
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:45 pm
Profession: Champion
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Gorvin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Cinnamon wrote: Do you have proof that it hasn't been tweaked in the past 8 years?
1/19/10 6:58:05p You equip your bloodblade.
1/19/10 7:01:35p • You experiment with a new fighting style.
1/19/10 8:36:55p • You experiment with a new fighting style.

Already qualified for both Goss and Fell.

Leinis
Exile
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:25 pm

Re: Best Method(s) to Qualify for Blade(s)?

Post by Leinis » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:09 pm

Gorvin wrote:
Cinnamon wrote: Do you have proof that it hasn't been tweaked in the past 8 years?
1/19/10 6:58:05p You equip your bloodblade.
1/19/10 7:01:35p • You experiment with a new fighting style.
1/19/10 8:36:55p • You experiment with a new fighting style.

Already qualified for both Goss and Fell.
Thanks Gorvin.
Crius yells, "We've got a situation here! There's a vampire cat!"

Post Reply