Moderators: Kani, CL GMs

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Re: "Upgrade" to Radium?

Post by Cinnamon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:31 pm

Kitlin wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Kitlin wrote:While healing a poisoned exile does drain a fraction of the overall speed, it did allow me to not restart the healing process. I appreciate the 'bug' will leave, but enjoyed that benefit.
I don't understand what you mean about not restarting the healing process. Could you explain? Chances are the benefit is still going to be around, just without cutting into your speed as much.
Upon completion of healing all within range, my aura stops. When the next exile gets hit, I must restart the aura. With the poisoned exile, I can trail behind the patient and have a continuing aura.
Is there a /use /lock option? If so, you might be able to fool the aura to being constantly on.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Kitlin
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Kitlin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Cinnamon wrote:Is there a /use /lock option? If so, you might be able to fool the aura to being constantly on.
When used in that fashion the tool behaves as a standard mercurial staff.

As an additional aside, I also enjoy being able to burst while maintaining the aura.

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Cinnamon wrote:Is there a /use /lock option? If so, you might be able to fool the aura to being constantly on.
I'll think about adding one.

Kitlin
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Kitlin » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:15 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Might I suggest not rushing to the addition? Primarily because I am frequently switching between the focused healing and the aura healing. Adding a /lock function might or might not change one function of spamming for another.

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Profession: Healer
Race: Thoom
Player Status: Active

Post by Phroon » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:57 pm

Kitlin wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Might I suggest not rushing to the addition? Primarily because I am frequently switching between the focused healing and the aura healing. Adding a /lock function might or might not change one function of spamming for another.
As long as /use <name> (or /use) breaks a lock [just like cad locking], I don't see the issue.

I'd love a '/use /lock' for radius healing myself.

Brune
Noble
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Brune » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:23 pm

Ok, here's a question or two:

Proximus "tangentially" helps mass healing, according to Rady Ann (hence, the quote marks). My understanding is that Proximus will extend the range of an Asklepian device, but not improve the efficiency (faustus per target).

Also, Radium trains to improve range AND efficiency (in effect allowing a healer to dispense healing at an overall rate that exceeds his or her Faustus training).

Does Radium also affect non-Asklepian range? What if you have X Proximus and X Radium? Is your cad range X, and your Asklepian range 2X?

On an unrelated note, selenite crystals are reportedly found "deep underground." Just how deep are we talking? How many different places have these crystals been found?

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 pm

Brune wrote:Ok, here's a question or two:

Proximus "tangentially" helps mass healing, according to Rady Ann (hence, the quote marks). My understanding is that Proximus will extend the range of an Asklepian device, but not improve the efficiency (faustus per target).

Also, Radium trains to improve range AND efficiency (in effect allowing a healer to dispense healing at an overall rate that exceeds his or her Faustus training).

Does Radium also affect non-Asklepian range? What if you have X Proximus and X Radium? Is your cad range X, and your Asklepian range 2X?

On an unrelated note, selenite crystals are reportedly found "deep underground." Just how deep are we talking? How many different places have these crystals been found?
Proximus only extends the range, correct.

Radium has no effect on non "radius healing" healing. It only affects a regular "/use" on an asklepian, it has no effect on "cadding". Your cad range would be X and your Asklepian range would also end up about X. A little bit more if I remember the numbers correctly. Proximus doesn't help Asklepian range much, Radium helps it a lot more, but still a bit less than Proxi helps a cad. Clear?

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Daimoth » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:52 pm

Brune wrote:On an unrelated note, selenite crystals are reportedly found "deep underground." Just how deep are we talking? How many different places have these crystals been found?
They spawn in DTN4 and early Gloaming caves.

DTN4 hasn't spawned for 2.5 days from what I hear. Not sure about Gloamings, haven't been playing much at all lately.
Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™

Post by Phroon » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:11 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Proximus doesn't help Asklepian range much, Radium helps it a lot more, but still a bit less than Proxi helps a cad. Clear?
Ok, numbers are for example, but are close to reality.

I have 200 Proximus. When I heal an area with the Asklepian, I feel like I'm healing at about a 100 Proximus radius. To increase both this range and my healing speed, I've decided to train about 50 Radium.

So, from your statement, after training 50 Radium I'll feel like I'm radius healing somewhere in the 100<x<150 Proximus radius range, correct? Or would it be in the 150<x<200 range?

The "still a bit less than Proxi helps a cad" seems to imply the former. If so, I'll have other questions to ask about the 'speed' component of Radium. :D

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Slartibartfast » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:34 pm

Phroon wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:Proximus doesn't help Asklepian range much, Radium helps it a lot more, but still a bit less than Proxi helps a cad. Clear?
Ok, numbers are for example, but are close to reality.

I have 200 Proximus. When I heal an area with the Asklepian, I feel like I'm healing at about a 100 Proximus radius. To increase both this range and my healing speed, I've decided to train about 50 Radium.

So, from your statement, after training 50 Radium I'll feel like I'm radius healing somewhere in the 100<x<150 Proximus radius range, correct? Or would it be in the 150<x<200 range?

The "still a bit less than Proxi helps a cad" seems to imply the former. If so, I'll have other questions to ask about the 'speed' component of Radium. :D
Yes, something like 100 < x < 150 I believe.

The speed component of Radium is a bit (a very, very small bit) over 2x faustus. But there are more complex things going on that I'll explain eventually. Really.

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™

Post by Phroon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:The speed component of Radium is a bit (a very, very small bit) over 2x faustus. But there are more complex things going on that I'll explain eventually. Really.
Sigh. Sounds like no more Radium for Phroon. :\

(Faustus' health and spirit drain is evil :evil:. It's like a Faustian bargain or something...)

Does this Radium-Faustus also come with the 2x faustus spirit and health usage too? I had hoped that the spirit/health drain remained the same (or only increased slightly), but Radium increased the 'efficiency' of radius healing.

I may have to wait for the 'eventually' to decide how much Radium I want now. :D

Gandor Durin
Exile

Post by Gandor Durin » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:29 am

I'd assume it would be the equivalent additional drain as if it was Faustus, not just the speed component of Faustus. In either case, I want me some Radium! And of course, I'll need the dang Crystal at some point.

Gorvin
Noble
Profession: Champion
Race: Dwarf

Post by Gorvin » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:27 pm

Phroon wrote: Does this Radium-Faustus also come with the 2x faustus spirit and health usage too?
Yes, they increase at the same rate as the amount of effective Faustus you're receiving, according to my tests.

I'm not sure how much detail I should give out publicly, since Radium is still under the "some people like figuring things out" phase. However, I'll post one other detail, as I think it's a very important thing for people to understand if they're planning on training Radium.

Radium has a soft cap. You cannot heal a target for more than a set percentage of your normal rate (I'll call this percentage X% for now). For example, if you train enough Radium that you're able to heal 3 targets at X% of your rate with the moonstone, additional Radium ranks trained will NOT improve your healing rate when healing 3 targets (but will when healing 4 or more targets, until you reach the X% soft cap for them as well). I would not recommend over-specializing in this skill.

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™

Post by Phroon » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Gorvin wrote:
Phroon wrote: Does this Radium-Faustus also come with the 2x faustus spirit and health usage too?
Yes, they increase at the same rate as the amount of effective Faustus you're receiving, according to my tests.
So it's basically optional Faustus then? No bonus/detriment at all? Hrmm, I think that's exactly what I wanted in the first place. :D
Gorvin wrote:Radium has a soft cap. You cannot heal a target for more than a set percentage of your normal rate (I'll call this percentage X% for now). For example, if you train enough Radium that you're able to heal 3 targets at X% of your rate with the moonstone, additional Radium ranks trained will NOT improve your healing rate when healing 3 targets (but will when healing 4 or more targets, until you reach the X% soft cap for them as well). I would not recommend over-specializing in this skill.
I had expected as much.

What rank range to you begin to see these effects? 0? 10? 50? 100?

I had heard the number 80 from Slarty at some point possibly related to this 'soft cap'.

Gorvin
Noble
Profession: Champion
Race: Dwarf

Post by Gorvin » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Phroon wrote: So it's basically optional Faustus then? No bonus/detriment at all?
If I understand you correctly... yes. Radium does increase the rate of the spirit and health drains, at the same rate as the amount of extra Faustus it's giving (although if you train over the soft cap, the spirit drain continues to increase. I'm hoping this will be changed in the future). It is "optional" in that you can turn the extra drain off by switching back to single-target healing (as it only affects the group-heal). Is that what you meant?
Phroon wrote: What rank range to you begin to see these effects? 0? 10? 50? 100?
It will depend on how much Faustus you have, since the soft cap is based on a percentage of your normal healing rate. I won't give out a formula for it here (at least not now), but as a reference, at 56 Radium a healer with 323.33 Faustus reached the soft cap when healing 3 targets.

(Edit: By the way, if you're going to try to derive the soft cap percentage from those numbers combined with the 2X Faustus Slarty quoted, there are two other variables that you would need to take into account)
Last edited by Gorvin on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.