"Upgrade" to Radium?

Moderators: Kani, CL GMs

Slartibartfast
CL GM
CL GM

Re: "Upgrade" to Radium?

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:41 pm

If we feel like this needs to be stickied, it should probably be in the FAQ and Newbie Guide Forum. I moved it, but I accidently deleted the last two posts because I'm an awful moderator.

Krane
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Krane » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:07 am

Slarty would you please confirm if :
Poisoned people still count as target to be healed in the area heal process?
BloodBlader ?
Other healer (not wounded) suffering their own heal drain?

If they count as a target, I'd really like a way to remove them from the scope of people to be healed (maybe via a command /use /restricted and /use /full)?

My personal feeling when I heal large group, is that healing healers (who suffer health drain because they are healing someone) is a big waste of my efficiency.
Sometime they do need to be healed (actually wounded or beeing chased by a critter) sometime they just dont need it.
Same with BBers

Thanks

Osito
Exile
Profession: Healer
Race: Halfling
Player Status: Active

Post by Osito » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:13 am

Krane wrote:Slarty would you please confirm if :
Poisoned people still count as target to be healed in the area heal process?
BloodBlader ?
Other healer (not wounded) suffering their own heal drain?

If they count as a target, I'd really like a way to remove them from the scope of people to be healed (maybe via a command /use /restricted and /use /full)?

My personal feeling when I heal large group, is that healing healers (who suffer health drain because they are healing someone) is a big waste of my efficiency.
Sometime they do need to be healed (actually wounded or beeing chased by a critter) sometime they just dont need it.
Same with BBers

Thanks
As a healer who has trained a good deal of sprite (880) I have often thought about this as well.
What I have noticed though is that healers who almost constantly radius heal do help healers who are lacking in Respia so I don't think its as big of a waste as you would think.

When I came back to CL a few months ago I had only 600 Respia message and now I'm at 800+. For a couple months there Radius healers on hunts would really make me feel more useful due to not being able to fully support myself on my own. Now that I have more Respia, I often wish I could "opt out" of radius heals so I don't drain those healers.

So I think radius healers can be helpful for healers in groups but maybe the ability for healers to block radius heals isn't a bad idea at all. That way I could choose whether or not I need to depend on a radius healer or not...and whether or not I'd like to drain them with my 900 sprite.

I think the radius is useful for BBers because those with negative troilus may end up with too little health which could result in both dying faster and hitting things too hard.

Krane
Exile
Profession: Ranger
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Krane » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:05 am

The idea is more that the AreaHealer himself decide if he is going to support someone lacking regia and not the contrary.
When you area heal in big groups it's hard to see "white healer" being healed and take out one of your 10 slots.

Osito
Exile

Post by Osito » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:16 am

Lets give radius healers some sort of command like uu all /fighters and whenever they engage this type of radius heal they will heal only fighters/mystics. It could easily be added to someones macro.... f1 for fighter radius heals next to f2 for radius on ALL exiles.

uu all /fighters
uu all /healers
uu all /all

Maybe something along these lines would work? Anyone have a better way to implement?

FriedDylan
Exile
Profession: Champion
Race: Human

Post by FriedDylan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:53 am

Hmm, this might be the time to implement the same type of thing you have with thinkgroup only you would obviously need to be able to add as many people to that as needed. Or if you MUST be a control freak one could train to healgroup more people- so, healgroup /add FriedDylan would add to the group, healgroup /remove Osito would remove a person from the group. You could also keep the option we have now in addition to the targeted add and remove which is still to heal everyone provided they share you.
You equip your greatsword.
You slaughtered a Frog.

Osito
Exile

Post by Osito » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:53 pm

This could work fried but I figured radius heal was meant to be an easy, no-brainer, healing tool. Managing healing slots sounds like the job of a single target cadder.

If we could somehow implement an asklepian command that radius healed but ignored healers then this would hopefully solve people's issues without complicating the form of healing.

/use all /fighters

sounds like a good command as long as it's not too difficult to code.

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter
Race: Sylvan

Post by noivad » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Instead of overburdening the default of radius healing everyone i.e. "/healgroup /add {name}" for every person, Why not make opt in everyone without a command, that way the current functionality is preserved and defaults to the most common use case for simplicity.

However, for granularity of the command, allow the healer to block healing a person manually "/healgroup /remove* {name}" and then allow them to "/healgroup /reset**" (to go to defaults heal all shared) or "/healgroup /add* {name}" to re-add the individuals blocked to the radius healgroup.

This would give everyone what they wanted, without burdening the people that don’t care about this option.

To enhance feedback (valuable in combat and to save /resets and /readds), I would also add a grey shading (maybe adjustable between 20% and 50% grey shading) behind the character name tag to indicate people blocked from receiving aura healing, and a command to check exclusions "/healgroup /status***"

*Note these secondary names are ideas, and they could be something more reflective of their function: /block&/unblock or /exclude&/include, **/all, ***/who etc.

This would also allow us macro writers to script in quick ways to add, remove, reset and check the block list (like my {slightly buggy} /thankgroup macro set).
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs

Pure
Fresh off the Boat
Profession: Healer Fighter Mysti
Race: Concealed

Post by Pure » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Just wanted to record my thoughts. I believe I am one of, if not the, biggest AoE healers, considering how often I use AoE heals and how many/far I heal with it.

1. In general, Radium does not need changing. It works like an AoE heal should work. It is simple, yet wasteful if the healer uses it in automatic.

2. If I were to ask for anything to change, it would be for Healers to be able to select to not be healed by an AoE heal. If you (another Healer) don't need it, opt out. If you do need it, stay in. It should NOT be the AoE healer's choice. That is not how AoEs work. Healers with great Sprite and/or Respia do not generally need my AoE healing, - until they get hit too much, yet now they sometimes automatically take up a share of the healing.

3. Do not mess with how Proximus and Radium work together. It was hard getting here but it works well.

4. Fix the loss in range when 10+ folks are being healed. I think this is an artifact of some mechanism and not the way AoEs would work.

Finally, I'd like to thank whomever put this in the game. It makes me want to come and heal every night I can.

PureHero, Chief Healer, Pirate Department of WUBs