Ongoing story: Necro

A repository for stories, poetry, songs, limericks and tales.

Moderator: Vagile

Spiel
Fresh off the Boat

Ongoing story: Necro

Post by Spiel » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:42 am

Now that Necro has been seen again, it's probably time to start a thread about him. Please post what you have experienced regarding Necro, either recently or in years past.

Your storyGM,
Spiel

Meshia
Fresh off the Boat
Profession: Ranger
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Meshia » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:13 am

Necro showed up awhile back during the time of Stinkfist and Rotbeard's battle. If I remember correctly, Rotbeard and Necro were working together, or Rotbeard was working for Necro? *thinks*

Anyways, Necro needed a virgin for his evil plot (which has yet to be revealed).

This was my experience:
http://www.thoomcare.com/archives/002297.html

Edit: Here's more post to Thoomcare about the recent events that took place. http://www.thoomcare.com/mt/mt-search.c ... h=Rotbeard

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Profession: Healer
Race: Thoom
Player Status: Active

Post by Phroon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:13 pm

Didn't necro leave behind the necronomicon, or something like that? I remember it being a book I would have like dot get my hands on, but it seemed to be useless to exiles.

Mjollnir
Noble
Profession: Healer/Alchemist
Race: Sylvan

Post by Mjollnir » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:31 pm

The first experience I had with Necro (that i remember) was during one of the Darshak invasions (possably the kiril drakesblood event i'd have to check my logs) We were fighting on Ash island when Necro appeared and dragged people off to the pentagram in the Dark Temple, he was aiming for 13 bodies but people kept confounding him by departing.

Once he had enough people lying inside the pentagram he started in with hismagic that converted some (i think about half) of the people there into undine (presumably the other half having too strong a will to embrace the dark side) unfortunately he botched the job and turned them into some sort of half exile half undine creatures, we looked like undine and to a certain extent behaved like undine when we couldnt assert our own mentality but evidently retained too much exile about us to be accepted by the Darshak and other undine who continued to attack us on sight.

When we made it back to town we found ourselves unable to attack our previous comrades (I attribute this to a subconcious recognition that we were still exiles) and we discovered that Necros' foul magic could be reversed by resting in the library (perhaps we wernt undine at all just sleep deprived although some of us certainly thought we were undine)

I don't recall hearing about Necro before that time (and I used to make a point about listening to tales about the inhabitants of the islands), but he may have existed and just kept a low profile.
A good pun is its own reword

Sutai
Exile

Post by Sutai » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:52 pm

The earliest thing I remember about Necro was that he showed up before the ripture wars (I think, or maybe shortly after) near the old Mirror Castle, and warned exiles of a permanent Death which was approaching.

Maybe he was talking about the voids, but I took it as a warning that there were places so dangerous that an exile could truly die.

Or maybe he was just being spooky.

Or maybe someone with a better memory can explain this story. :)

Shakyamuni
Open Hands
Race: Halfling

Post by Shakyamuni » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:09 pm

Along with Necro was the other less "evil" character I saw once who popped up when I was fallen all alone... Can't recall his name.. but he asked about being fallen, and whatnot.. and then J'nder came to rescue me and explained it was this strange character who showed up from time to time, and sometimes raised fallen exiles as part of his experiments..
Husband to Drablak and Nettle - Brother to Algy and Juren

Mjollnir
Noble

Post by Mjollnir » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:30 pm

Is that The Magi Shaky?

I never saw him as evil but all i knew was he appeared randomly and occasionally raised people
A good pun is its own reword

Shakyamuni
Open Hands
Race: Halfling

Post by Shakyamuni » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:34 pm

Yeah.. i think that was his name...It was a long time ago.. I was probably less than a month in the lands.. and I was fallen in the orchard.
Husband to Drablak and Nettle - Brother to Algy and Juren

Babajaga
Red Quill
Red Quill

Post by Babajaga » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:21 am

Sutai wrote:The earliest thing I remember about Necro was that he showed up before the ripture wars (I think, or maybe shortly after) near the old Mirror Castle, and warned exiles of a permanent Death which was approaching.
That was Minx I think.

http://red-quill.org/babajaga/diary/diary3.html#Minx

http://red-quill.org/babajaga/library/m ... death.html

http://www.well.com/user/mbuff/cl/althea/minx.html

Ayella
E'las Loth'mon Ferindril
Profession: Pain in the Butt

Post by Ayella » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:13 pm

Sativa wrote:Didn't necro leave behind the necronomicon, or something like that? I remember it being a book I would have like dot get my hands on, but it seemed to be useless to exiles.
Are you speaking of the Dark Grimoire? If so, it's not meant for your hands.
With unabashed glee,
She'd make poor men ponder: "F'nord."

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Daimoth » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:08 pm

Ayella wrote:Are you speaking of the Dark Grimoire? If so, it's not meant for your hands.
What're you talking about? Sativa became the newest priestess a few days ago.

Get with the times!

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:45 am

mwahahaha all part of my sinister plan! If only I can get that book! I hope it has flesh on it and a mouth that bites at you...

Garr
Exile

Post by Garr » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:25 pm

Necro stole the Dark Grimoire, and Ayella recovered it during an invasion. The Noxies have had the book for as long as I can remember, Or... well Lilit had it, then it went to Naamah then I lost track of it, but now as far as I know Ayella has it. But it wasn't left behind as much as it was recovered.

-Garr
I still hate Erthor!

Stinkfist
Pirate Clan
Pirate Clan
Profession: Pirate King

Post by Stinkfist » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:01 pm

Rotbeard had a secret deal with Necro, when old Rotty's boat blew up, he got scared of the giant mob of exile pirates/navy members and ran away like some sort of undead lil girl being chased by a swarm of killer bees.
Rumor has it he was given an artifact by Rotbeard which allows him to do some horribly nasty dark rituals.
Captain Stinkfist, Pirate King, Disgraced Knight, Former Coin Flipping Champion, Head of the Pirates of Lok'Groton