Unfinished Story: Qual and Votenkath

A repository for stories, poetry, songs, limericks and tales.

Moderator: Vagile

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Sun May 28, 2006 4:26 pm

Drablak wrote:I saw Tessa in tc inspect poeple but I thought it was made-up RP, not anything deeper than that.
/action sighs
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Active

Post by Daimoth » Sun May 28, 2006 6:23 pm

This is probably a bit off-topic but, ...

Why has almost every single GM-controlled roleplayed event during my career involved directly, or in some great way, Sylvans? Particularly of the female variety?

The 'brions are all Sylvans (at least in the flesh.). Quall or whatever his name is turned out to be a Sylvan. The broad who healed him with her amazing Separ was Sylvan. The neverending Nox storyline almost *only* involves Sylvans. Almost every NPC or otherwise that magically comes to life or appears to trade is suddenly a Sylvan, and the pretty great majority of those who trip over something very rare or GM-granted are, yes, Sylvans.

I'm just curious.

Seld'kar
Noble
Profession: Ranger
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Seld'kar » Sun May 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Actual it was Yor who "healed" Qual and Tessa was a PC anyways. Also the Nox RP was to large degree player run from my understanding and they were mostly sylvan due to thier restriction of only allowing "second children" into thier ranks. Futhermore since Sylvans are the most commonly played race by players its make sence that any RP involving the players will involve sylvans.
I think having an opinion makes you an asshole.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath

Post by Daimoth » Sun May 28, 2006 8:57 pm

Seld'kar wrote:Actual it was Yor who "healed" Qual and Tessa was a PC anyways. Also the Nox RP was to large degree player run from my understanding and they were mostly sylvan due to thier restriction of only allowing "second children" into thier ranks. Futhermore since Sylvans are the most commonly played race by players its make sence that any RP involving the players will involve sylvans.
Your first point is lame, but I'll accept it. Nice to have a Zo doing something, if only /use-ing, or whatever it was.

Your second point is null. My knowledge in this is rather limited in this area, but I recall an instance while playing one of my older characters, in which she asked Lilit if anyone could join the faith. Lilit accepted all peoples.

Your third point is weak. While Sylvans were indeed the most frequently played race in the past, they still made up less than 50% of the general population. More likely below 30%, even. So the minorities should've had more than ample opportunity to make at least a few stories.

Valtrim
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant

Post by Valtrim » Sun May 28, 2006 9:03 pm

Eldon wrote:
Drablak wrote:I saw Tessa in tc inspect poeple but I thought it was made-up RP, not anything deeper than that.
/action sighs
Tell me, conclusively, how to determine simply by seeing a PC use \action which player character plots and actions do and do not receive legitimization from the GMs. If you can't, then Drablak's statement is perfectly valid.

HWC for Valtrim
"If me knowing something makes CL less fun for you, then that makes you a cock." -- Michael

Seld'kar
Noble

Post by Seld'kar » Sun May 28, 2006 9:48 pm

Daimoth wrote:our second point is null. My knowledge in this is rather limited in this area, but I recall an instance while playing one of my older characters, in which she asked Lilit if anyone could join the faith. Lilit accepted all peoples.
Its what I remeber from reading the Nox Scroll's two or three years ago. Anyways your completely missing the point, "The neverending Nox storyline" was player ran and player driven. So you can't fault the GMs.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath

Post by Daimoth » Sun May 28, 2006 10:04 pm

Seld'kar wrote:Its what I remeber from reading the Nox Scroll's two or three years ago. Anyways your completely missing the point, "The neverending Nox storyline" was player ran and player driven. So you can't fault the GMs.
Nyet! Nyet!

Rather certain that the GMs petitioned a player to play Lilit. Which started the entire thing. And continued to fuel the Nox agenda by supplying them with the neverending story line. (i.e., invasions, Dark Book of Death and Decay (Grimoire?), Necro, even Kiril Drakesblood is related to the story somewhat. Though I missed that bit of the story, sadly.)
Last edited by Daimoth on Sun May 28, 2006 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Garr
Exile

Post by Garr » Sun May 28, 2006 10:05 pm

The Nox were fun, and started completely and run completely by players, the GMs thought it was fun and joined in from time to time. I know that Lilit's betrothed or Gens Dea or something was a wraith, forget his name though, and the whole nox chapterhouse thing was concieved by a player, and brought to a GM and then put in.
Mostly though everything for the nox was player driven, it's died down a lot, but Lorian died was a big thing, and a lot of the stuff with Lacrima was fun, but as of now it's mostly dead, there are still some about who are noxies, but not many.

-Garr
I still hate Erthor!

Seld'kar
Noble

Post by Seld'kar » Sun May 28, 2006 10:12 pm

Daimoth wrote:Nyet! Nyet!

Rather certain that the GMs petitioned a player to play Lilit. Which started the entire thing. And continued to fuel the Nox agenda by supplying them with the neverending story line. (i.e., invasions, Dark Book of Death and Decay (Grimoire?), Necro, even Kiril Drakesblood is related to the story somewhat. Though I missed that bit of the story, sadly.)
Uh, oh. Somebody didn't do thier homework.
HWC Lilit wrote:I'm also in awe of the people in the Nox Sorora, who have taken a few scatterbrained ideas and themes I had, and made something out of it that's simply amazing. And of course, I'm grateful to the GMs who supported player driven stories, allowing the work of a few to be enjoyed by a larger audience.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath

Post by Daimoth » Sun May 28, 2006 10:29 pm

Seld'kar wrote:Uh, oh. Somebody didn't do thier homework.
HWC Lilit wrote:I'm also in awe of the people in the Nox Sorora, who have taken a few scatterbrained ideas and themes I had, and made something out of it that's simply amazing. And of course, I'm grateful to the GMs who supported player driven stories, allowing the work of a few to be enjoyed by a larger audience.
I correct myself. But without GM intervention, the Nox storyline would be as smalltime as any other. So the fact that it's "player-driven" in this case is irrelevant. How many hundreds of other small time stories have been developed without GMs even noticing, or caring?

So yes. Their story might be steered by the players, but the GMs are the ones adding the rocket fuel.

Seld'kar
Noble

Post by Seld'kar » Sun May 28, 2006 10:35 pm

The Nox Sorora recieved GM interaction because they interacted with general playerbase and the NPCs, not just other RPing groups and/or individuals.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath

Post by Daimoth » Sun May 28, 2006 10:41 pm

Seld'kar wrote:The Nox Sorora recieved GM interaction because they interacted with general playerbase and the NPCs, not just other RPing groups and/or individuals.
Really? Times must have certainly changed, in that case. As the current batch interact only with their own. Just like any other roleplaying clique.

Seld'kar
Noble

Post by Seld'kar » Sun May 28, 2006 10:46 pm

Daimoth wrote:Really?
Yes.
Daimoth wrote:Times must have certainly changed, in that case.
Got it in one.
Daimoth wrote:As the current batch interact only with their own. Just like any other roleplaying clique.
Which is why there in no longer any GM interaction with them.
Last edited by Seld'kar on Mon May 29, 2006 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Measle
Rising Claw
Rising Claw
Profession: Champion/Bard
Race: Human

Post by Measle » Mon May 29, 2006 12:30 am

Daimoth wrote:Really? Times must have certainly changed, in that case. As the current batch interact only with their own. Just like any other roleplaying clique.
Not true. Saying no more about this for the moment though.

Yor
Exile

Post by Yor » Mon May 29, 2006 7:25 am

Daimoth wrote:
Seld'kar wrote:Actual it was Yor who "healed" Qual and Tessa was a PC anyways. Also the Nox RP was to large degree player run from my understanding and they were mostly sylvan due to thier restriction of only allowing "second children" into thier ranks. Futhermore since Sylvans are the most commonly played race by players its make sence that any RP involving the players will involve sylvans.
Your first point is lame, but I'll accept it. Nice to have a Zo doing something, if only /use-ing, or whatever it was.
Actually the Separ wasn't "/use-ed". You had to equip it and bump into things with it equipped. Bumping into dewed exiles with it de-dewed or cured them. In Qual's case, it cured him and transformed him into his natural form, a Sylvan. I had to sneak up to him to do it. There was no GM involved with me doing that and as far as I know anybody could have done it. I'm sure anybody who made a reasonable case to Tessa would have been allowed to borrow it. At least that's the impression I got.

Yor