Old Stories Without Resolution

A repository for stories, poetry, songs, limericks and tales.

Moderator: Vagile

Astral Duck
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Fighter

Old Stories Without Resolution

Post by Astral Duck » Fri May 12, 2006 12:49 pm

Beer ya'll,
I was thinking, now that we have a new StoryGM (Huzzah Spiel!!) we need to help him out and start listing the many story lines that are not quite finished. I don't have a lot of time to post right now, but I wanted to get the ball rolling. :)

First things that come to mind for me are:
1. The noid that's roaming around in the noid cavern talking about weapons and schtuff.
2. I don't think that the story of Noth was ever finished (please correct me if I'm wrong).
3. The orga stronghold story has yet to be completed.

As I think of more, I'll chime in.

\yell BEER!!!

Aldernon
Pogue Mahone
Pogue Mahone

Post by Aldernon » Fri May 12, 2006 1:49 pm

I've always wondered what happened to Votenkath now that Qual's been sub'dewed (sorry couldn't resist) and what's going on w/ the whole dark bubbling thing.

There are some unfinished things w/ the Brions. Sombrion was doing some study on blood blades and never got around to sharing as he had planned.
-Ald

"Applying epistemological transformations to dismiss information that isn't presently convenient to you is the reason people distrust self-professed intellectuals: because it's bullshit." -Skirwan

Eldon
CL GM
CL GM

Post by Eldon » Fri May 12, 2006 2:34 pm

Spiel's first story is in the works. Feel free to suggest 2 onwards. :)
Eldon, a Clan Lord GM
Cinnamon wrote:I think you're one of the best GMs I've ever been frustrated with. 11 years & counting. I'm a loyal CL addict & you're a big part of why. For being willing to stick your chin out, many thanks.

Sielu
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Sielu » Fri May 12, 2006 4:35 pm

I would imagine reading through the archives here would cover most of the things this thread was designed to bring up. I could compile a centralized list from that archive, if people would prefer.

Sielu

Spiel
Fresh off the Boat

Post by Spiel » Fri May 12, 2006 6:14 pm

Sielu,

Compiling a list would be very helpful, especially if it could be listed geographically. (For example, all of the stories mentioned that come from anything to do with Orga locations would be grouped together.) Thank you for the offer and the effort. You will be saving me a lot of footwork.

Cena
The Puddleby Raiders
Profession: Fighter
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Cena » Fri May 12, 2006 6:57 pm

I have a story, I steal stuff and some way everything is returned! yay

Connie Crete
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia

Post by Connie Crete » Sun May 14, 2006 4:03 pm

It aint a story per se, or aint been developed as one.

Tha mirror. Tha cloud. Tha portals. Why they camed? Whofer put em here? What tha phenomena be? Does tha portals gots another use than tha ones we uses em fer?

We knows what we knows, but does we knows everythin?

Sativa
Exile

Post by Sativa » Tue May 16, 2006 12:50 pm

What about Gaia? I understand she no longer visits our lands, which is a shame. I never was able to have the pleasure of seeing her. Is there any way her story can be brought back to life?

Also, this is a small story, but what about Husus, and his travels? (the house in town center that has no purpose) Is there any way we could expand on his story?

Lastly, what about the Drakes? We used to have frequent invasions, and kidnappings back to their lair, and now that is a rare occurance. Some continuation of that story would be great.

Good to see someone trying to tackle the stories again here in Puddleby :) kudos Spiel!

-Sativa

NB
Exile

Post by NB » Tue May 16, 2006 1:09 pm

Sativa wrote:Lastly, what about the Drakes? We used to have frequent invasions, and kidnappings back to their lair, and now that is a rare occurance.
Drakes in the den are slaughters for everyone. It's a hassle getting in. I'd imagine people being less interesting in actually rescuing anyone in there due to it's "worthless" status has lead to the 'story' dying down.
Cinnamon wrote:The lack of a penalty isn't a reward. You're spin-doctoring. Now give me your lunch money or I'll punch you in the face. If I don't punch you in the face, consider yourself rewarded.

Fundin
Dwarven Militia
Dwarven Militia
Profession: Ranger
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Post by Fundin » Tue May 16, 2006 1:59 pm

NB wrote:
Sativa wrote:Lastly, what about the Drakes? We used to have frequent invasions, and kidnappings back to their lair, and now that is a rare occurance.
Drakes in the den are slaughters for everyone. It's a hassle getting in. I'd imagine people being less interesting in actually rescuing anyone in there due to it's "worthless" status has lead to the 'story' dying down.
Turn those drakes in ice drakes (or whatever the abyss ones are) and you might get some interest, still for an hours treck i want a famiily of them, not just 1 or 2.
99 Bottles of Beer on the wall....
and 99 in my fridge :-D

------
CLAN LORD MAP REPOSITORY
Old maps, new maps, got any maps?
http://www.tidyup.co.uk/clanlord/site/index.html

NB
Exile

Post by NB » Tue May 16, 2006 3:50 pm

Fundin wrote:
NB wrote:
Turn those drakes in ice drakes (or whatever the abyss ones are) and you might get some interest, still for an hours treck i want a famiily of them, not just 1 or 2.
That, and whatever script/mechanism/CLism that keeps anything in there from giving exp needs to be removed. I can recall going there as a 2nd/3rd circle fighter, managing a luck hit, only to get credit for a slaughter. That makes SO MUCH SENSE. .....
Cinnamon wrote:The lack of a penalty isn't a reward. You're spin-doctoring. Now give me your lunch money or I'll punch you in the face. If I don't punch you in the face, consider yourself rewarded.

Measle
Rising Claw
Rising Claw
Profession: Champion/Bard
Race: Human
Player Status: Spambot

Post by Measle » Wed May 17, 2006 1:35 am

NB wrote:I can recall going there as a 2nd/3rd circle fighter, managing a luck hit, only to get credit for a slaughter. That makes SO MUCH SENSE. .....
Shoulda trained more Atkus I guess. This is something that happens to a lot of 2nd and 3rd Fighters who go for Detha or whatnot.

Nunul
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan
Profession: Dust Collector
Race: Dwarf
Player Status: Active

Post by Nunul » Tue May 30, 2006 2:36 pm

I am a simple dorf.
As such, I have a simple need.
To know more about the "Mysterious Evil Darshak Table" that landed by the fence in TC one sunny afternoon...many many many puddleyears ago.

(I know I have a screen capture of the phenomenon somewhere on syquest or zip...)
BACON!