Moderators: soul hunter, Fiona

Seld'kar
Noble
Profession: Ranger
Race: Fen'neko
Player Status: Spambot

Brion lore

Post by Seld'kar » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:08 pm

Does anyone keep an organized archive of Brion dicusions and related events/texts? I found many indidual accounts from anf by diffrent people, but they are spread out over many sites.
I think having an opinion makes you an asshole.

Trowl
Exile
Profession: Rangerishness
Race: Human

Re: Brion lore

Post by Trowl » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:34 pm

I'm really interested in this too. I've spent a lot of time researching the brions, searching for their strengths and weaknesses, and I have a few extrapolations, but if I could get some harder evidence it'd be nice.
reckinyards: Never working on healers is all the rage...
Stinkfist: That's just what a GM would say. Face it you are a sock puppet for all the GMs and everyone knows it.

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™
Profession: Healer
Race: Thoom
Player Status: Active

Post by Phroon » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:12 am

I've only been following the brions for the past three years. Sadly, my knowledge is extremely lacking.

I'd talk to Babajaga.

I should add I understand a bit of the 'brion mythos, and some of the history, but there's just so much there...

Lundar
E'las Loth'mon Ferindril
Profession: Mystic
Race: Sylvan

Post by Lundar » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:34 pm

The Puddleopedia has a brief overview:

http://puddleopedia.org/entry.php?n=Entry.BrionBrothers

Might try to expand that more at some point.

Feodoric Mermeios
Exile

Post by Feodoric Mermeios » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:17 pm

Babajaga's scrolls on the Red Quill site are the best resource on this and related EP matters I've seen, bringing together the work of quite a few different people. Unfortunately, the Red Quill site is still down and what was there can only be accessed via the Internet Archive.

If it can be recovered, it would be useful to collect all this IC-style information (from RQ and elsewhere) together in one place, complete with the associated pictures and transcripts. It would be too much to put it all on Puddleopedia's existing brions and EP pages, I suspect, but perhaps there could be supplementary pages to store all this primary data. (From which we could construct more complete summaries.)

This would ideally be a project for someone who had been involved in this storyline/bunch of storylines. It is difficult enough for an outsider such as myself to figure out the timeline of recent events regarding Tenebrion.

--
(perhaps this thread should be moved to the Puddleby Library board?)

wangahrah
Red Quill
Red Quill
Profession: Necromancer

Post by wangahrah » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:18 am

I'd be willing to share some of my knowledge on these matters.

I'd need to be properly incentived, of course.
Cinnamon wrote:Wangah for Fen President

Feodoric Mermeios
Exile

Post by Feodoric Mermeios » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:12 pm

wangahrah wrote:I'd be willing to share some of my knowledge on these matters.

Oh ho. And what sort of incentives might you be in the market for, Wangah?

wangahrah
Red Quill
Red Quill
Profession: Necromancer

Post by wangahrah » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:36 am

Feodoric Mermeios wrote:
wangahrah wrote:I'd be willing to share some of my knowledge on these matters.

Oh ho. And what sort of incentives might you be in the market for, Wangah?
I think an homage to my greatness in the museum would be fitting.
Cinnamon wrote:Wangah for Fen President

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™

Post by Phroon » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:43 am

I have a copy of the Red Quill site just prior to it's non-existance, I could make a mirror fairly easily. Just not sure what fallout that might have, as I don't have control over the original domain name. (I'd be willing to provide hosting for the site, if the Red Quill people still have control over the original domain name. I guess I could just prop up a mirror on a subdomain of my own site...)

Feodoric Mermeios
Exile

Post by Feodoric Mermeios » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Apart from recovering the Red Quill site, a good (collective) project would be expanding each individual Brion page on Puddleopedia to include a good deal of the history of our encounters with them and whatever else is publicly known. Top priority, I think, is refurbishing the Tenebrion page. I just added a sentence there mentioning the fact that he is not particularly alive right now, but I think a lot more could be said. In connection with this, something needs to be written up regarding the Annulus, the page for which is currently blank.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a great deal that I can do to help except trawling journal entries for extra information and preparing an altar where burnt offerings will be made to Wangah.

--
(As an aside, a particularly gaping hole in Puddleopedia seems to be the current status of the island formerly known as Tenebrion's. The Darshak presence on that island does not seem to be acknowledged anywhere.)
Last edited by Feodoric Mermeios on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feodoric Mermeios
Exile

Post by Feodoric Mermeios » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:17 pm

Despite my protestations that I'm not qualified, I have actually gone and ahead and made some of the changes I suggested. The Tenebrion page has been slightly improved and I have written a short account of the Annulus. Those in the know, please have a look to make sure I've got things right.

Cinnamon
Sun Dragon Clan
Sun Dragon Clan

Post by Cinnamon » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Feodoric Mermeios wrote:Despite my protestations that I'm not qualified, I have actually gone and ahead and made some of the changes I suggested. The Tenebrion page has been slightly improved and I have written a short account of the Annulus. Those in the know, please have a look to make sure I've got things right.
Good Karma Bomb coming your way.
This sig pic removed by Vagile

Super Chicken
Noble

Post by Super Chicken » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:49 pm

Oh... I investigated lugubrion's keep pretty throughly but never figured out how to enter the maze. Tried many different theories. No luck though...
Change your sig to support Chicken Glory!

Phroon
ThoomCare™
ThoomCare™

Post by Phroon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Super Chicken wrote:Oh... I investigated lugubrion's keep pretty throughly but never figured out how to enter the maze. Tried many different theories. No luck though...
I doubt there even is a maze... :(

I think that we've found everything there is to find with Lugu's, except for maybe something with a Kyuem that'd be ridiculously hard to actually get set up, assuming my half baked ideas are even one quarter correct.

I had hope and wished there was something more there, but there's just too many locked doors and scared Sarir. How can we tell which is a red herring and which isn't?

noivad
Order of the White Elephant
Order of the White Elephant
Profession: Fighter

Post by noivad » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:42 am

Is the fact that he's caught between planes part of the page? He's not dead, he's just not technically living either. Whatever the hell he or someone else was doing caught T between planes when the portal closed. He's lucky he wasn't sliced in half.
http://www.clanlord.net/
Org Du Lac's bestiary: http://bestiary.clanlord.net/index.html
Gil Galad’s Pirates http://pirates.clanlord.net/ & Ranger Studies: http://studies.clanlord.net/
?security warning:View cert•CL players assess valid by refs