Noble
Profession: #&$@
Race: Ghorak Zo
Player Status: Active

Re: election prediction

Post by reckinyards » Tue May 16, 2017 1:52 am

Sala Dragon wrote:
Maeght wrote:
No. Profoundly and completely wrong. You gain perspective when you interact with other cultures, even in the US. Subsequent generations MAY hybridize as they mix with the old and new cultures.

This is difficult to understand when your perspective is entirely self-centered.
You're missing a critically important word that I bolded in for you.

Taking in a bunch of immigrants from a single country/culture is one of the dumbest things a country can possibly do (unless it's a basically indistinguishable culture, like Anglo Canadians moving to America and vice-versa). I'm saying this as an immigrant myself with plenty of experience. Large group of immigrants from a single culture in a single region of a host country --> shitty, non-existent integration, which goes on multi-generational if the source population is big enough. Many Americans for instance can and do live in the country where I live and spend 10-20 years here and never learn any of the local languages, and they'll send their kids to private international schools and they'll never learn (or learn it really badly). If a million Americans moved here it'd be a forcible cultural assault. Not all countries want to be or need to be melting pots.

What's funny is I think that you can understand that 1 million Americans moving to, say, Sweden, would be a cultural assault, but you* would say that being against moving 1 million Syrians to Sweden is RACIST. (*maybe not literally you, Maeght, although honestly I would be surprised if not.)
lmao boi, are you honestly surprised at maeght? he supports isis for fucks sake
11/2/09 7:02:10p Gustave says, "my fight is very vectorized"

Chopper
Arilon Legacy
Arilon Legacy
Profession: -
Race: Concealed
Player Status: Inactive

Post by Chopper » Tue May 16, 2017 7:34 am

maeght is the founder of isis
Largo wrote:i quit clan lord and now i clock 7-9 hours a day minmaxing romantic relationships

reckinyards
Noble

Post by reckinyards » Wed May 17, 2017 1:14 am

maeght is one of those liberal fanatics who would join isis if he knew how

Maeght
Trainer
Profession: Ranger
Race: Halfling

Post by Maeght » Wed May 17, 2017 4:59 am

Sala Dragon wrote: You're missing a critically important word that I bolded in for you.

Taking in a bunch of immigrants from a single country/culture is one of the dumbest things a country can possibly do (unless it's a basically indistinguishable culture, like Anglo Canadians moving to America and vice-versa). I'm saying this as an immigrant myself with plenty of experience. Large group of immigrants from a single culture in a single region of a host country --> shitty, non-existent integration, which goes on multi-generational if the source population is big enough. Many Americans for instance can and do live in the country where I live and spend 10-20 years here and never learn any of the local languages, and they'll send their kids to private international schools and they'll never learn (or learn it really badly). If a million Americans moved here it'd be a forcible cultural assault. Not all countries want to be or need to be melting pots.

What's funny is I think that you can understand that 1 million Americans moving to, say, Sweden, would be a cultural assault, but you* would say that being against moving 1 million Syrians to Sweden is RACIST. (*maybe not literally you, Maeght, although honestly I would be surprised if not.)
Is anyone proposing taking in a million? Or directing all the immigrants from one country and settling them in one area?

I live in Los Angeles. I see plenty of first generation immigrants that don't speak English. I see plenty of the second generation that speak almost entirely English. I don't expect the first generation to melt in. Americanization happens pretty fast. And I do have a lot of experience. I spent 15 years doing business to business consulting all over the greater LA area. Plenty of places where you think you just entered another country.

There's a rather large difference between the impact of 1 million on Sweden (roughly 10 million population) and the US (320 million). Also a large difference because Sweden is fairly homogenous where the urban population of the US is fairly heterogeneous.

Daimoth
Llehn ryn Rhav'tsath
Profession: Destroyer of Worlds
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Daimoth » Fri May 19, 2017 1:38 pm

Extreme level disparity is community disparity.

Sala Dragon
Exile

Post by Sala Dragon » Sat May 20, 2017 4:21 am

Maeght wrote: Is anyone proposing taking in a million? Or directing all the immigrants from one country and settling them in one area?

I live in Los Angeles. I see plenty of first generation immigrants that don't speak English. I see plenty of the second generation that speak almost entirely English. I don't expect the first generation to melt in. Americanization happens pretty fast. And I do have a lot of experience. I spent 15 years doing business to business consulting all over the greater LA area. Plenty of places where you think you just entered another country.

There's a rather large difference between the impact of 1 million on Sweden (roughly 10 million population) and the US (320 million). Also a large difference because Sweden is fairly homogenous where the urban population of the US is fairly heterogeneous.
Sweden has about a million refugees, yeah, and they basically all settled in the same two areas. That's why Malmo is a shithole: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... _in_Sweden . Germany also accepted a million refugees, and lol that's not going so well for them either. And then there are also all those fake refugees in camps in France who REALLY want to get to the UK for some ?????? reasons (basically they don't know shit and refuse to listen to anyone and think that the UK is the promised land ????). It's depressing reading interviews from people in the Calais jungle, because they somehow went through hell and paid thousands of dollars to get smuggled from Niger/Mali/wherever to Calais and yet they don't know the first thing about Europe or the UK except that they think they'll get free handouts for arriving. And this is even from reading bleeding-heart publications about it like The Economist (which is HUGE pro-refugee) and NYTimes.

I mean all the stuff about "Sharia no go zones" on right wing websites is a total fabrication, and even the worst parts of Malmo and Stockholm are safer than shitty American parts of Detroit, Memphis, or Chicago. Still, Sweden doesn't seem to exactly have enriched itself and its culture for admitting a million people from random cultures, whose values are almost diametrically opposed to native Swedish values.

reckinyards
Noble

Post by reckinyards » Mon May 22, 2017 1:03 am

who doesnt want to help out their fellow man (assuming theyre all good). too bad that isnt the case for a lot of these immigrants. maeght and most liberals live in a dreamworld and fail to realize the reality thats going on, pity..

Maeght
Trainer

Post by Maeght » Mon May 22, 2017 6:00 pm

reckinyards wrote:who doesnt want to help out their fellow man (assuming theyre all good). too bad that isnt the case for a lot of these immigrants. maeght and most liberals live in a dreamworld and fail to realize the reality thats going on, pity..
And that's your excuse for doing no good. If there is one bad one, you can't help any of them. It's the reason you also won't help the poor. One of them might be tricking you into giving them something.

Christ taught his followers to live in that dream world. He said specifically his kingdom is not of this earth.

Good luck to you in that kingdom come because you're not doing it right.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/25-45.htm
"He will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

reckinyards
Noble

Post by reckinyards » Mon May 22, 2017 6:04 pm

reckinyards wrote:
reckinyards wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

reckinyards
Noble

Post by reckinyards » Tue May 23, 2017 1:22 pm

very likely the kind of people maeght and the like-minded want to let into the country
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/23/entertain ... na-grande/

Maeght
Trainer

Post by Maeght » Tue May 23, 2017 5:59 pm

reckinyards wrote:very likely the kind of people maeght and the like-minded want to let into the country
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/23/entertain ... na-grande/
The sad thing is that terrorists resemble you much more than me. They tend to be angry 20 something young men.

And you would keep out all the children and mothers because you can't tell the difference between them and people that fit the profile.

reckinyards
Noble

Post by reckinyards » Sat May 27, 2017 5:39 am

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/05/e ... 40001.html oh look muslims targeting christians again and even children. i can imagine maeghts response now. but but but the real victims here were the assailants, they were only getting revenge for the crusades. hahahaha!

Maeght
Trainer

Post by Maeght » Sat May 27, 2017 1:56 pm

reckinyards wrote:http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/05/e ... 40001.html oh look muslims targeting christians again and even children. i can imagine maeghts response now. but but but the real victims here were the assailants, they were only getting revenge for the crusades. hahahaha!
You can't even think for yourself let alone think for someone else. You're also unable to generalize from the information. Minority groups are very often victimized.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 55510.html
The Christian man who called himself Mad Dog allegedly dragged the Muslim stranger from the bus and ate part of his leg
Acts of cannibalism are rare in the CAR, but many Christian fighters believe in magic, including wearing jewellery containing the flesh of men they have killed. Fighters believe the flesh makes them invincible, according to the BBC reporter.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/03/s ... 56400.html
A Sikh man was shot and wounded near Seattle in the US state of Washington by an attacker who approached him in his driveway and reportedly told him to leave the country, police and media reported.

reckinyards
Noble

Post by reckinyards » Tue May 30, 2017 2:06 pm

Image peaceful libs at it again :lol:

Killian
Exile
Race: Fen'neko

Post by Killian » Tue May 30, 2017 5:42 pm

Seems what we are saying is one and the same.
If I can help you in any way. Please ask.